X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I tip?

Got a massage from this girl who does me favors making phone calls for me to my dates. We were discussing tips and how much is proper. She sez B100 is the normal for a B200 foot massage. BS? I have always tipped B20 and used a 10% rule. Goes up to 20% for extraordinary occasions which you can expect on a regular basis for hospitality girls and boys. She is a funny and happy girl and so I tipped her B100. Sez Aussies are good tippers and have even tipped them B1000 for the same service. So am I a cheapskate? For five years I thought I was tipping correctly at B20 for a foot massage or B30 for a B300 neck and shoulder massage at this popular place on Beachwalk right next to the corner of Soi 13/4 where I always go before I see shows at the popular Boy's Town or buy LB's drinks at the fun Pattaya Obsessions Bar. Trouble is Thais are such polite people and don't complain. They just graciously wai you and accept the money. Tell me what to tip.

Another question is when I call ladyboys to invite them to my hotel room I think I am avoiding the BF. So I add it to the B1000 for her services. Now I am discovering they are honest and give the B500 to the bar and keeping only B1000. Is this true? Were they just kidding me to fool me into giving them another B500? There is no book on Thai customs or how to please Thais. Hate to think I was shortchanging these nice folks so help me out. Start a discussion.

I feel the 10% rule is a bit low - generally I will tip 15-20% if the service was good. Thai's tend to tip less. You are right though - they are happy to receive a tip unless it's a an amount that could be considered insulting (ie - 5 Baht for a 100 Baht bill).

George, I would suggest you check out King's Castle 3 in Bangkok before you leave Thailand - check this thread

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Tipping in Bars and restaurants is different than massage and similar services.

Usually in restaurants 10-20% is fine.
      Massage i usually give 40-50% of the massage price depending on the service.

If you pay $300 for a Thai Massage, chances are the girl is not getting much out of that.
      So tipping them $150 makes sure they are decently paid.

In the bars the girls are usually getting paid for every drink you buy or buy them.
      So really not much tipping is ever needed in most bars because they get you.
      Bar fines they usually have to pay them if they are away from the bar to keep their jobs.
      Usually I will not pay more than 4 days bar fine if I stay a very long time with one girl.

Make sure to check your bill as many bars and restaurants now charge a 10% service charge on your bill.
      In this case don't feel obligated to leave anything, however the actual employees may never see any of this.

Also when leaving tips do not leave the money in the cheque holder.
      Take the tip out and hand it to the server, otherwise it will probably just go to the boss.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I gave my informative masseuse B100 yesterday. Shame on me for tipping only B20 for all of the five years I have visited. They always smiled at me. Interesting to personally give the server the tip. I try to remember to hand them the tip with both hands like the Japanese do giving valuable gifts instead of just giving it with one hand. Must make it a habit to hand my LB dates money like I appreciated the wonderful experiences each and everyone of them did their best to make me happy.

Funny how after I buy the hospitality LB's drinks they tell me they get only B40 per drink. They drink fast. Not hard to end up with B1000 bills. After that they give me that please-please-please look. I give each B100s. If I forget to give the bartender or Mamasan a tip she will put on an act like she is so frustrated and walk off stomping like a spoiled child. So remember to tip her. I always remember Thais are victims of slave labor. Being forced to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week is inhumane. They are not doing this only to the Burmese and Cambodians. They are enslaving their own kind. In Hawaii there are cases of civil rights violation with Filipino fishermen who are not allowed to get off the fishing boats when in harbor. Now everybody wants to get on the bandwagon and get their names in the papers. Now Congress is considering legislation for what is really illegal immigrants working in the USA. Some even jump ship and escape into the general public. Another case is Aoun Farms which triggered a lawsuit by several Thai contract farmers. They had their passports taken because they are notorious for not honoring their work contracts and skedaddling off to the Mainland.

Thanks for your advice. I will be leaving shortly to BKK for a week where I will visit the notorious Auto and Motorcyle Show at the Impact Arena. Seems the government needed to stick their minds in other people's business and advised them to tone down their sexy behavior. Yeah, right. My Canon 80D has been an impressive workhorse, and I'm glad I bought several new 128G SD cards. Will have to find and buy a laptop with SSD HDD loaded with a 2TB drive just in case my original goes dead for no reason. Will visit the famous Jatujak Flea Market where people of all races come to have fun like a rock concert. Everybody is happy and smiling. Has this been a good year for me like the other 4? It has been the BEST. The LBWVB contest made it so. Thanks for the show. Will never forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
          Got a massage from this girl who does me favors making phone calls for me to my dates. We were discussing tips and how much is proper. She sez B100 is the normal for a B200 foot massage. BS? I have always tipped B20 and used a 10% rule. Goes up to 20% for extraordinary occasions which you can expect on a regular basis for hospitality girls and boys. She is a funny and happy girl and so I tipped her B100. Sez Aussies are good tippers and have even tipped them B1000 for the same service. So am I a cheapskate? For five years I thought I was tipping correctly at B20 for a foot massage or B30 for a B300 neck and shoulder massage at this popular place on Beachwalk right next to the corner of Soi 13/4 where I always go before I see shows at the popular Boy's Town or buy LB's drinks at the fun Pattaya Obsessions Bar. Trouble is Thais are such polite people and don't complain. They just graciously wai you and accept the money. Tell me what to tip.

Another question is when I call ladyboys to invite them to my hotel room I think I am avoiding the BF. So I add it to the B1000 for her services. Now I am discovering they are honest and give the B500 to the bar and keeping only B1000. Is this true? Were they just kidding me to fool me into giving them another B500? There is no book on Thai customs or how to please Thais. Hate to think I was shortchanging these nice folks so help me out. Start a discussion.
          I think for a normal massage, tipping is not necessary and not expected. I give approx B1000 for a BJ and B 1500 for a nice fuck during massage itself. They are really experienced as they make you cum in few minutes. They know how to make you cum very very fast.

Comment

Working...
          X