First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZIKA is here!

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2...cted-thailand/

Zika Virus Spreading Fast. 97 People Now Infected in Thailand

The Zika virus has infected 97 people in 10 provinces this week, with the disease still active in two provinces, Beung Kan and Phetchabun.

Disease Control Department director-general Dr Amnuay Gajeena assured people that the spread of Zika is still under control in Thailand.

€˜It€™s far different from the Zika situation in South America,€™ he said, but he warned people to avoid mosquito bites, which transmit the disease.

While the Zika virus usually causes a mild fever, skin rash, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, or a headache, it can be fatal in severe cases. Recent scientific evidence has also linked the Zika virus to microcephaly and Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Story courtesy of The Nation

+++++++

In the past 3 visits to Pattaya Beach, I have never seen Aedes Aegypti mozzies. Their's are smaller ones. Don't even recall ever been bitten since I use repellants most of the time in Pattaya and BKK. I suspect these locations above are rice field areas where people work outdoors in the rice fields all day long and live near the paddies. What you could do is find the stinkiest repellent and spray the outsides of your door and walls. I keep telling the clean up girls to shut the hotel room doors, but they don't do it. So gotta spray Raid flying insect killers indoors, and it smells bad. Now will have to make it a habit to spray repellent on my body and outside my clothes and shoes. I usually spray onto my hands and rub it onto my face, ears, hair, and neck. will have to buy repellents in cloth packets for the airplane ride into BKK. Newspapers don't say it, but I suspect the disease is dose related. You either get a lot of mosquito bites at one time or multiple bites over time.

Here's an article about which repellent works best: Avon Skin So Soft with Picardin and Repel, which smells strong so will use it on the outside of my door. Gonna have to figure out how to wear sunblock and keep the mozzies off when you go to the beach.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/8584161/...s-does-it-work

Keep researching via Google and stay safe.

Should I cancel my winter annual trip this time? Naaah! I would die for these fantastic Katoeys. Once you taste a Thai ladyboy you can never go back.

Well you are falling victim to mass hysteria.
    97 people infected by Zika is nothing.

Thailand is on pace to have 150,000 people infected with Dengue in 2016.
    http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/0...nd-so-far-year
    There was over 5000 people in Thailand infected with Malaria in 2015.
    Both of these viruses are related to Zika and all have similar symptoms.
    All are mosquito borne, but apparently Zika can be sexually transmitted.

In all cases most infections are not in the BKK, Pattaya or most urban areas and also the islands have few.
    I don't think I have ever seen any mosquitos in BKK or Pattaya and you never see them on the beach there is always too much wind and they don't breed in salt water.
    They are going to be more prevalent in sheltered jungles with standing fresh water.
    I would assume this Malaria report is similar to the distribution of Zika and Dengue.

Malaria Report for Thailand
    http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers...y_table/t.html
    Primarily in provinces that border Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, and Laos, and the provinces of Kalasin, Krabi (Plai Phraya District), Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Phang Nga (including Phang Nga City), Rayong, Sakon Nakhon, Songkhla, Surat Thani, and Yala, especially the rural forest and forest fringe areas of these provinces. Rare to few cases in other parts of Thailand including the cities of Bangkok, Chang Mai, Chang Rai, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, and Phuket. None in the islands of Krabi Province (Koh Phi Phi, Koh Yao Noi, Koh Yao Yai, and Ko Lanta) and Pattaya City.

dengue_1.jpeg

Not only are you more likely to get Dengue or Malaria than Zika.
    You are far more likely to die from one of these 10 things in Thailand.

Top 10 Causes of Death

Source: GBD Compare, 2010
    1. Cancer 19%
    2. Ischemic Heart Disease 12%
    3. Stroke 10%
    4. Lower Respiratory Infections 9%
    5. HIV 4%
    6. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 4%
    7. Diabetes 4%
    8. Road Injuries 4%
    9. Chronic Kidney Disease 2%
    10. Cirrhosis 2%
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

MOJOSLOT adalah daftar link situs judi slot online gacor 777 habanero MPO SLOT pragmatic deposit pulsa bonus Jackpot 200% terbaru terpercaya terbaik di indonesia

Posted today 8-30-16
      Thailand had most cases of any in Southeast Asia over last three months.

PEOPLE in Thailand urgently need to help to control the breeding of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, which transmit the Zika virus, Department of Disease Control chief Dr Amnuay Gajeena said yesterday.

Provinces where people with the Zika virus are being treated were also instructed to immediately set up an emergency operations centre to |contain any outbreaks.

Amnuay said his office had asked the Foreign Affairs Ministry to review available data and clarify the progress of the disease with the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

The ECDC website cited Thailand as a €œred alert€ country with increasing or widespread Zika virus transmissions.

The country has had the highest number of Zika patients in Southeast Asia within the last three months.

Comment

i hate mosquitoes
        For more ladyboy talk and travel tips check out https://guysnightlife.com
        For all things trans check out LadyboyWiki

Comment

They like perfume and cologne. And the carbon dioxide in your breath. Yes, there are Aedes Agypti in Pattaya. Don't know about Bangkok with all its air pollution.

Comment

I told you so. Going to get bigger so suggest you all buy up the flying insect killers and repellents as fast as you can before they run out. Spray four times a day.

MOJOSLOT adalah daftar link situs judi slot online gacor 777 habanero MPO SLOT pragmatic deposit pulsa bonus Jackpot 200% terbaru terpercaya terbaik di indonesia

Deadly Zika virus turns up in Bangkok

Twenty-one cases of the Zika virus have been reported in Bangkok€™s Sathon central business district, and officials are now watching for more possible infections in several adjacent districts.

Dr Wantanee Wattana, deputy permanent secretary for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), said those infected included a formerly pregnant woman whose husband had just returned from Singapore, local media reported on Saturday.

The woman had a high temperature, rashes, joint pain and red eyes.

She contracted the virus in the 37th week of her pregnancy but has since given birth and both the mother and her newborn are safe.

Commentary: No time for complacency

A survey found many mosquito-breeding areas within a 100-metre radius of the family€™s residence. Health surveillance of infected people will remain active in the area for the next 30 days and in districts adjacent to Sathon.

Sathon borders Bang Kholaem, Bang Rak, Khlong Toei, Pathumwan and Yannawa districts. Infected people are being advised to stay home for 30 days.

The Public Health Ministry reported earlier that there had been five Zika patients a year on average in the country from 2012 to 2015. Zika is of particular concern because it has been linked to birth defects, with cases of microcephaly widespread in Central and South America.

About 20 other cases of the mosquito-borne virus have been reported recently in Bung Kan, Chanthaburi, Chiang Mai and Phetchabun provinces but control operations have proved effective, authorities said.

Comment

Working...
            X