First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well bringing this thread back to life.

My current Camera set up is this:

Canon 70D Crop frame DSLR.
    During the early days of digital SLRs, Canon was pretty much the undisputed leader in CMOS image sensor technology. Almost every new EOS model came with an increase in resolution and high ISO range, and when the EOS 7D appeared in late 2009, the company had progressed from 3MP to 18MP, and ISO 1600 to ISO 12800, in just over nine years. But since then Canon's APS-C cameras have all sported variants on the same basic sensor design, to the extent that you could be forgiven for wondering what on earth their engineers were doing all day. Now we know.

frontpage.jpeg

Canon Speedlight 430 EX Flash
    Canon has today announced a new 'digital compatible' flash, the Speedlite 430EX. This new flash unit is clearly aimed at buyers of the EOS 5D digital SLR which doesn't have a built-in flash unit. Compared to the 420EX which it replaces the 430EX has an increased guide number (range) and is approximately 40% faster at recycling. When attached to a camera with a smaller than full-frame sensor it detects this and adjusts its angle of coverage.

430ex-frontback-001.jpeg

Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 Image Stabilizer Telephoto lens.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/lens...is-stm/review/
    canon55-250f4-56stm.jpg

EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx
    canon_15_85_main.jpg

For Indoor lighting I have been using
    Lowel Tota tungsten lamps.
    We Help Create the World's Greatest Images! Our business strategy for over 80 years, our strategy has always been to succeed through direct customer interaction and feedback by creating innovative products and services.

These are very small and bright but extremely hot. They don't work in Thailand due to the voltage.
    1316007327000_32267.jpg

I am now starting to use LED light Panels and may buy more of these ones as they are modular and can snap together into bigger panels.
    Also they work from camera batteries and I can use the same batteries in my camera and LED lights.
    Some of my old camera batteries even work. The second picture shows how they can be connected into a bigger panel.
    Curently I only have 2 of these CN-B150 LED On Camera Lights.

productimage_10907_main.jpg
    productimage_10907.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So now you see my setup, I am looking to upgrade my telephoto zoom lens to a better one.
      My current Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 Image Stabilizer Telephoto lens is quite a good lens for the price of around $300 USD.
      However it has no weather protection and sits a little loosely in the mount.
      Still it takes great photos from a distance for the price:

IMG_7206.jpg
      IMG_6827.jpg

I am considering these 3 lenses as upgrades.
      Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
      https://www.dpreview.com/products/ca...-300_4-5p6l_is
      Good all around lens with floating components.

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens
      http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx
      Good compact and cheaper option, since it is mostly for outdoors probably don't need the F2.8

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

This lens is probably one of the best you can get but heavier and less range than what i have.
      lenses.jpg

I am leaning towards the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
      This video the lens is discussed with my same camera the Canon 70D.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Sony has released their new full frame DSLR - the Sony Alpha A99 II.

Impressive specifications from Photoreview:

The Sony Alpha a99 Mark II is an 'SLT' camera which uses a semi-transparent mirror that splits light between the sensor and an AF module near the viewfinder, which differentiates it from a traditional DSLR. The a99 II features a full-frame 42MP BSI CMOS sensor, Hybrid AF system with 399 contrast detect and 79 cross-type hybrid points. The camera can shoot at 12 fps with continuous autofocus and 8 fps with live view and minimal EVF blackout, according to Sony. It can capture 4K video (UHD or Super 35) using the XAVC S codec with bit rates of up to 100Mbps. The a99 II offers both S-Log2 and S-Log3 gammas and can output 4:2:2 4K video over its HDMI port.

The rugged body is weather-sealed and has built-in 5-axis image stabilization (Sony claims a 4.5-stop reduction in shake.) It features a large, high resolution EVF as well as a tilting non-touchscreen LCD.
        Also an Alpha A99 II hands on report from Photokina 2016.

Looks like a very nice camera - but I don't think I would move to full frame - my Alpha A57 is already a lot to pack around when I travel. If I did get another camera it would like be another APSC, and I've been quite happy with the results from the Alpha A57

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

The Canon Speedlite flash 430 iii is now selling for $250. Wasn't this selling for more earlier? Are there any new models coming up in the pipeline?

Comment

I am not sure I bought the Speedlight 430 EX a couple years ago and it was about $250 then.

I just ordered the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens
            I should get some good shots at the volleyball with this one.

Is the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Attached Files
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This baby is selling for either $600 or $1100 on Amazon.com. Very high 5-star rating. Can't tell why there are 2 prices as both are USM and f 4. Better buy a telescoping monopod for stability. You are going to have a lot of fun with it, and they will LOVE you pointing things at them. Will be awaiting your photo spread come November 5.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                This baby is selling for either $600 or $1100 on Amazon.com. Very high 5-star rating. Can't tell why there are 2 prices as both are USM and f 4. Better buy a telescoping monopod for stability. You are going to have a lot of fun with it, and they will LOVE you pointing things at them. Will be awaiting your photo spread come November 5.
                This lens is the 'IS' model which is image stabilizer. The $600 one has no Image stabilization. With the IS this more expensive lens gives you 4 more stops than the non-IS lens so you can take pictures hand held outdoors no problem. I have a monopod and don't use it with my 55-250 IS STM as it has image stabilization but is a very cheap lens around $200.

Except now I ordered this f4 lens from Bestbuy online, i went to the local location and they have the F2.8 lens on sale for 30% off on a open box model.
                So I think when my lens arrives I will see if can return it for this 2.8 lens, which is much better. I can get it for about $1500 USD. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-70-200m...-200+2.8+is+ii

The other reason I want these lenses is that they are weather proof and dust proof. Every year I have many issues with fogging as it is always raining each tournament and extremely humid. I'm hoping these sealed lenses will do a better job that way.
                I see others are shooting no problem with these lenses, even during rain, while I am wiping and swearing.
                Attached Files
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Whew, this f2.8 is selling for $1950 at Bestbuy and Amazon. I suggest you refuse to accept the mailed lens and write "changed mind" OR you can take the unopened box to your local Bestbuy store and refund it to them. Buy the opened box NOW because there probably is only one for sale. Test the new lens for flaws as there may be a reason it was refunded. Buy camera lens insurance from Amazon.com. Bestbuy insurance is too high. I think you'd better hurry up. November 5 is not too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                    Whew, this f2.8 is selling for $1950 at Bestbuy and Amazon. I suggest you refuse to accept the mailed lens and write "changed mind" OR you can take the unopened box to your local Bestbuy store and refund it to them. Buy the opened box NOW because there probably is only one for sale. Test the new lens for flaws as there may be a reason it was refunded. Buy camera lens insurance from Amazon.com. Bestbuy insurance is too high. I think you'd better hurry up. November 5 is not too far away.
                    The terms said I can return it, if it is unopened. So it comes in a couple days and I will go down there sooner and see if I can put a hold on the open box lens.
                    There isn't that many people looking for this lens where I live in Canada so not too worried. Worse comes to worse i get the f4 lens.

I don't think the lens was refunded, I think it is floor model cause i don't think they take opened lenses back.
                    Will look at Amazon insurance as Best buys new plans are monthly payments for the rest of your life, not getting into that again.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I took a look at the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom that was opened box. It looked fine but it had no box and no accessories came with it.
                      Plus it was a return so with all that I decided it wasn't worth getting.
                      Instead i saved my money and had just enough left on my Best Buy card to get the Canon 6D Full Frame camera body.
                      The reason for this is I discovered the 70D with it's crop frame sensor has a 1.6X factor on the lens.
                      Which means a 70-200mm on a Canon 70D is actually 112-320mm which i didn't realize.
                      The 6D will get me the true 70-200, plus it lets in more light than the 70D and will work better with the f/4 lens.
                      Also i needed a new video camera since my HD professional camcorder takes tapes which are a pain.
                      My 70D takes great video so now I have a backup and video camera, unfortunately the 6d has no built in flash.
                      25933_1_l.jpg

I just got the brand new Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Telephoto Zoom and it has a bag, hood.
                      It seems awesome and takes super sharp images handheld.
                      Here is a few samples with the new lens on my Canon 70D, I did nothing but resize them.

Attached Files
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

brother at that time i am using sony alpha a6000 and in this camera have no problem but all sony cameras are very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                        X