X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand LOS: LAND OF SHIRTS

Well I have been to Thailand 21 times since 2007 and I have met many different ladyboys and had relationships with a couple.

But more than anything I have bought shirts and shitloads of them. These are not tailor made shirts and I have never done that or had suits made.
    These are tshirts, golf shirts and collared shirts of all kinds. Possibly I have one of every shirt in Thailand.

Why have I bought so many shirts?
    Well I cannot say for sure but shirts are everywhere in Thailand and cheap. Shirts are great souvenirs and gifts too.
    So I have given many way as gifts, thrown some away and even sold some, so there is more than just the ones I possess now.
    Another reason is I have learned to pack light and end up buying cheap shirts to wear.
    My efforts to sell some shirts back home is something I will expand on later in my sordid tale of Thai Shirts, just scandalous.

As I was noticing that I had way too many clothes piling up in my bedroom, I decided to see what could be donated.
    The sheer number of shirts I have in my possession from Thailand is quite amazing.
    So I thought I would start a thread of my shirty adventures and catalog them all before some go to the goodwill.

First you will see the piles of all the shirts from Thailand on my bed that I have worn at least once.
    Many are good as new and only need me to drop a few pounds to wear them, others I wear all the time and many may never wear again.
    Then I also have 2 crates of brand new Thai tshirts along with a crate of football jersey's I picked up at that Chatuchak Weekend market.
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

The first time I went to Thailand in 2007 I loaded up pretty good on shirts.
    I got a good selection of the basic elephant shirts plus Muay Thai and same same but different.
    Also Red Bull and other shirts, mostly bought from street vendors in Bangkok and Pattaya.
    I brought many shirts home and the Red bull one's were very popular, more on that coming soon. shirts04.jpg
    shirts05.jpg

I really liked these Lacoste collared shirts I got near the Dynasty Hotel at Beach road and Soi 13 in Pattaya.
    This place seems to have some pretty nice shirts but you have to check and make sure they are not defective.
    The collars could be crooked or buttons off but they are generally very good quality and these one's really lasted.
    I've seen these identical shirts for $150 Canadian in stores in Canada.
    shirts06.jpg

Then there is the piece du resistance, the cotton woven shirt with a huge elephant.
    These woven cotton shirts are very cool and quite ethnic. I thought I would wear this alot but couldn't much after I got home. shirts06a.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Well as I said I could not wear the woven cotton shirt once home because once you wash these types of shirts a couple times they all shrink down to small size.
      I do not know if anyone else has experienced this but I have tried buying many of these shirts and wear them in Thailand a couple times then they are in a drawer here because they are children's size now. It doesn't matter how big you buy them, they all seem to shrink down to nothing. So I don't buy these anymore.
      Attached Files
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Golf shirts anyone?
        Mister, you buy more than one, very cheap deal!

The Lacoste golf shirts came from Soi 13 in Pattaya.
        Most of the other ones came from central Bangkok around Pratunam.
        Attached Files
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Of course you have to buy a tshirt everywhere you visit....
          Attached Files
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Here is a bunch of shirts I bought at the Pattaya Night Bazaar over the years.
            Some like the Red Buffalo shirts I have not seen elsewhere in Thailand.
            Attached Files
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Then we have my personal favourite, Polo by Ralph Lauren. Most of these Polo shirts came from MBK where they go for around 300 baht.
              They usually come in plastic with a price tag that say $80 when you buy them in Thailand.
              Usually they seem very good quality, you just have to watch for ones made with thin and cheap material.

shirts14.jpg

I recently found very similar Polo shirts in the Bay in Canada which is a huge department store chain here.
              They wanted $125 Canadian for nearly the same shirt. The material seemed the same quality as most of the Thai polo shirts i have.

shirts15.jpg
              shirts16.jpg
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

There is some interesting stuff at the Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok however you will not find any of the knock off stuff, the police don't allow it here at all.
                Sometimes you will see temporary vendors selling illegal shirts but they are soon chased off buy the cops.
                So you can find some good original and trendy clothing at Chatuchak and mostly for good prices.
                Here is a selection of shirts from Chatuchak. I also found football jerseys here but more of that in my next insalments of my shirt fetish.

Stay Tuned!
                Attached Files
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So I had been buying some Brazil football jerseys at markets in Thailand but after going to Chatuchak, I found a place selling great jerseys real cheap. They were about 250 baht each and I have seen these in Canada for up to $150 for official ones. These were almost identical to the official ones. I bought like 60 football shirts mostly brazil. I have give some away as world cup prizes on one of my websites but I still have most of them.
                  There is nearly enough for a full Brazil squad.

image_78319.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Very impressive! I used to buy the Lacoste knock off golf shirts until they stopped putting the pocket on. They've been quite durable some lasting 8 years now.

Some guys buy the knock off club shirts, Man U, Liverpool, etc., and sell them when they get back home - which helps them make a few $$ to go towards the next trip.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
                      Very impressive! I used to buy the Lacoste knock off golf shirts until they stopped putting the pocket on. They've been quite durable some lasting 8 years now.

Some guys buy the knock off club shirts, Man U, Liverpool, etc., and sell them when they get back home - which helps them make a few $$ to go towards the next trip.
                      Just wait you will be even more impressed as I have left the best for last....

You can still find the Lacoste shirts with pockets, as I say the best place I have found for the Lacoste is Soi 13 in Pattaya.
                      They do last a long time, very surprising for the price but they could be the same quality as the real ones, except for some misalignment of buttons and such.

Now I have let the word out that the best and cheapest place to find Football jerseys for cheap, go to Chatuchak.

I have tried bringing back tshirts and football shirts but I found the best thing to try and sell is these racing jackets.

I was wearing one of these Red Bull racing when i was on a ski trip and out at a bar for New Years.
                      Someone in the bar offered me $100 Canadian for my jacket. I had only paid about $15 in Thailand.
                      So now I bring a couple of these jackets back each time. They are awesome jackets for the price.

image_78331.jpg image_78332.jpg

Here I have the complete selection of Red Bull shirt designs I have.
                      Some are still in plastic, so those are the ones I did not wear.

The red bull shirts seemed like a good thing to bring back to help finance the trips like RXpharm stated, so I have lots of them.

Attached Files
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So one trip a few year ago after coming back from Issan we booked into the Baiyoke Sky Hotel. It was really hard to get to the hotel because it is smack in the middle of the Pratunam market. However the next day I discovered being in the middle of the market was very convenient. The next day I went around and bought a few red bull and other shirts to see what kind of prices there was. Finally the last day I made some deals and got some sleeveless red bull shirts for as low as 75 baht. I managed to get the good silk screened red bull shirts for as low as 100 baht. So after hauling shirts up to the hotel I had to go find a big duffle bag which is very easy in Thailand. At that time I had Star Alliance Gold so I got to fly with 3 bags @ 70lbs. I already had 2 suitcases so I just got a duffle and in the end I brought home nearly 800 shirts in my luggage.
                        I thought I might be able to sell some but in the end it is pretty hard to get rid of such small priced items.
                        Mostly I wear them, give them as gifts or use as promotion and prizes for my websites.

Attached Files
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Here is the last of an assortment of Thai shirts. Not sure where these ones came from specifically.
                          Except the bike shirt I got at Big C.

shirts22.jpg

I found these shirts at raquet court club in Lat Krabang which is out past the BKK airport.
                          That Red Bull football jersey is from the Phichit Football team, whereever that is.
                          It is the best mountain biking jersey i have ever had.

shirts21.jpg

The very last shirt I bought in Thailand is this Ride for Dad shirt.
                          Will it be my last Thai shirt? I wish, but probably not.
                          I it is just so convenient to pack light and buy new shirts when I get to Thailand.
                          It is not possible to find pants that fit me there due to my long legs, so I bring slacks.
                          But disposable shirts and shorts can be had when you get there.

IMG_7566.jpg
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I used to buy T shorts of BOSS from Boss shop. They were 100% cotton and would not shrink. Last time i purchased 40 T shirts after they confirmed it was cotton. On returning back to home, i would the t shirt were clinch to my body and i used to feel hot and the sweat would stick. I gave it a lab for testing and was informed they are mixed with Nylon.

I was taken a back as each T Shirt was bhat 440 & i purchased 40 nos. Now i have stopped buying clothes from Thailand as i had experience of being cheated.

Comment

Working...
                            X