X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easyguy View Post
    The only problem with obtaining a 60 day Tourist Visa in advance is that if you want to travel outside the country, within that 60 day window, you lose the visa and your processing fees. I believe that you are only able to obtain a multiple entry/re-entry visa via Non Immigrant status. Don't think there are any multiple entry/re-entry Tourist Visas. And the Non Immigrant multiple entry/re-enty Visa costs $200 plus processing fees through the Thai Consulate in the US.
    There is a multiple entry 60 day Tourist Visa (METV) and the Royal Thai Embassy DC website says *** officially launched to tourists of all nationalities and from Friday 13 November 2015***.

The 60 day METV requirements are more stringent than the single entry. The METV cost $200 US, you must provide recent bank statement for the last 6 months with a minimum balance of $7,000 (every months), hotel reservation confirmation, a letter proof of employment, etc (see link below for complete requirements)

http://thaiembdc.org/tourist-visa-ca...multiple-metv/
    Last edited by joeaf; 09-23-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

A month ago i visited the local Honolulu Thai consulate and paid $40 for a two-month tourist visa. Had to provide 2 face photos and a copy of my bank checking statement. I didn't like that kind of nosiness. I brought hotel reservation printouts and my flight itinerary. Never had to prove anything about employment. Could have gotten a 3-month tourist visa for $60. Returned within a week and picked my visa and passport up. The guy photocopied my checking statement and didn't even bother looking at the balance. No problems. the METV sounds about right at $200, but I didn't need it.

Comment

The funny thing is that you can arrive at Suvarnabhumi airport, go through Immigration, and only need to present your passport. I don't even believe they check for a return or on going ticket. So you can stay for 30 days up to three arrivals, but need to go through the third degree and pay money to stay for 60 days. Does this make any sense?

Comment

Every country determines their own immigration rules - it is their decision on how they make the rules. Whether it makes sense or not, we have to follow them. Trying to apply a western viewpoint on how other countries do things can lead to endless frustration.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I got my 60-day tourist visa in Honolulu consulate last October for $40. I had to show a photocopy of my bank statement. Forget if it was the savings or checking one. they said I could have a 90-day tourist visa for $60. No hassle there. Now can I visit Thailand without a tourist visa ahead of time and automatically get a 30-day tourist visa stamped on my passport upon arrival, leave at the end of this period and visit Kuala Lumpur and Singapore for 10 days each, and then return to Thailand for another 30-days without any problems? Why the hell do they make this so complicated for us nice tourists who want to help spend our money?

Comment

Working...
            X