X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low prices at JW Marriot Bangkok on Soi 2

bangkok has two Marriots: Bangkok Marriot and J W Marriot which is on Soi 2. Yep, right next to Nana Plaza. Normally their prices for one person is US400+. If you go to Agoda.com and look up J W Marriot it can be had for US$170 per night in mid December. Check it out. Incredibly cheap and super nice hotel even though the restaurants are too expensive. I usually walk to the Typhoon Restaurant on Soi 8 for 3 meals a day.

That is a pretty good price and it is a very nice hotel. My understanding is they don't check IDs at the front desk. However you are fully responsible for any problems.

The dinner buffet there is amazing. It might be expensive but it is worth it.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yes, you are absolutely right. I was surprised they did not require me to check in guests. Just walk in and go to the elevator. Up to your room and have fun. Buffet is super delicious. Probably best not to eat for 3 days before you go so you can save enough money to pay for it.

Comment

This is my choice in Bangkok and I have stayed at many different hotels. Yes, it is a bit pricey but the room renovations are excellent, the location is the best and they leave you alone to do as you please. No need to show IDs and they even stop manning the two side doors at night (use key card to enter) so privacy is assured.

Comment

My error. Typhoon Restaurant is really Monsoon Restaurant. Gets very crowded on Saturdays. They take reservations, and that's what makes it hard to get seats in the evenings. So eat early and go to other locations on Soi 8 for drinks. Pretty quiet street with lots of fancy expensive condos. I think mostly foreign families with money live in them. Where else do the tourists and farangs eat economically and get good food around here?

Comment

Working...
          X