X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comfort factor!

I have had a pretty good time of it here over the last four years or so. I have spent most of it with one fine ladyboy and I have had my share of short lived affairs and crushes too.

Not a lot of them, mind you, but enough to fulfill my life and make me very happy.

So how did this come about? Why me? How come I got the girl and had to beat her off with a stick?

These are personal observations and not meant to be offensive or taken as advice.

Well, I'm 45, so no spring chicken! I'm pretty bald. Definitely overweight. I don't have much money. No condo, no car... a cheap apartment in the boonies is what I call home! I can't speak Thai. I don't hang out at bars and discos. I don't have much in the way of a job here in Thailand, either. Occasional teaching gigs, etc.

In other words; I'm almost perfect!

Recently I have had a ladyboy over my gaff almost every night for the last three weeks or so. If you follow this forum at all then you know who she is. I paid her for a photo shoot and since then I haven't given her more than the taxi fare home on occasion.

This isn't the first time ladyboy has taken an interest in the uninteresting either. And not working girls either! Girls who, at first sight, you would normally expect to be dancing all night or going out with younger/fitter/richer men than me.

So, I have given this a lot of thought and managed to come up with what I think is the answer.
    (I'd be interested to hear what you guys think -good or bad, I don't mind!)

It's 'The Comfort Factor!'

There are those of you who have already sussed out the rest of my post. Maybe there are some that haven't yet...

If I'm bringing a girl to my house or to a hotel room I treat her like royalty. I don't care if she's a bargirl, streetwalker or a college gal studying marine biology. They all get the same treatment.

In the hotel I make it very clear that they have sole command of the remote control and they can order what they want from room service. Usually there is a prior trip to the 7/11 or Family Mart to pick up some last minute supplies (Miniature mouthwash, comic for when I'm sleeping, condoms and a phone card!) I make sure that I bundle all her items in with my Gatorade and Snickers bar without making too much of a fuss about it! (It's a nice gesture that will pay off for you, believe me!)

In the room I'm never in a hurry to tear off her clothes, and I'm happy to watch the telly for an hour while she takes a shower!

I like to ask my temporary 'girlfriends' questions about themselves. (And they love to talk!) Plus I'm a slow worker in bed too.

All in all it's a very stress free situation for the girl. Let's face it - I'm not stressed and I just want to get laid. I'm bigger and stronger and all my valuables are tucked away safely! Nothing for me to worry about!

But for the girl - if it's her first time with me then she's obviously gonna let me stretch her for cash. There's no way that she's actually gonna like me as a person in that short space of time. She may dislike me. She doesn't know me and she's probably been ripped off before by people who look a lot like me! She is also vulnerable in many ways that I am not.

This situation works even better at my home. She can watch a movie, lounge around. Go to the fridge and get something to drink. Where one of my oversized T-shirts and make herself at home. It's all very stress free.

So - why am I sharing all this guff with you lot?

Well - it has sadly dawned on me that one of the best things that I have going for me is that I'm predictable, unthreatening and boring!

This seems to be a genuine cause for girls wanting to see me again and strike up an informal and ongoing friendship! It seems that all the things that I do NOT do can have its' appeal!

Of course there are a million girls who will find this situation (and me) as dull as dishwater and will see me for what I am - a horny old fart with morning breath who can't dance!

But that's cool. These are the kinds of girls who I don't want to get to know too well anyway! I'm not an 'up-all-night' kind of a bloke. I'd rather watch a movie at four in the morning with a ladyboy who just wants to while the night hours away doing nothing.

Moving on...

Ladyboys who work in bars make impressions of us from the first time they see us. Firstly it's whether or not we can be knocked up for a lot of money. If we can (or she thinks we can) then she'll make the first move.

After the ice is broken she'll be on the look out for anything weird about us that might put her off sleeping with us. It won't be what we look like or how much we drink or whether or not we smoke or not. It'll be the arse grabbing or the weird comments, etc.

I've seen some farangs put on some frighteningly bizzare sets of behaviour in my time. Some of it is frankly insane and at other times just ridiculous. So while she's checking you out as a possible mark she's already checking out her own Comfort Factor.

And ladyboys compare notes too. So if you are a regular then she'll already know something about you and what you get up to behind the "Do Not Disturb" sign. If you are new to the bar then she'll be working on instinct.

For regular working ladyboys or students the situation is much more sensitive. The demon drink can excuse a lot of behaviour in bars but it won't bale you out of making a prat of yourself in a shopping mall!

Asking a girl to have lunch with you always works best. It's non-threatening and she can bugger off afterwards and ignore your subsequent calls and SMSs till the end of time!

Getting a nice girl into your apartment is the hardest trick. Offering to cook dinner and taking her home after works well. (If you actually do this on the first date then on subsequent visits you'll have the best sex you've ever had for as long as you want it!)

Thai ladyboys have usually had some unusual experiences with people and simply being ladyboys has set there radar to ON all the time. They are very sensitive to strange behaviour and are easily scared. (Talking about nice girls here, folks!)

The 'Softly softly' approach always works. Remember - if you think she's smoking hot and you get a stiffy just talking to her on the phone, then other people do to. And you aren't the first guy (Thai/Farang or whatever) to show an interest in her.

To sum up...

There are loads of younger richer people out there who have exciting lives and terrific experiences that I'll never be able to match. But for me - being a boring old fart seems to have worked so far!

'The Comfort Factor' for girls you want to date may mean the difference between success and failure. For me it means no sudden moves, no unpredictable behaviour and no odd surprises.

The language and cultural barriers are all a girl should have to negotiate with to find the real you! And if she's comfortable with you then you've got it made!

Stogie Bear

Hey Stogie,

What a great post ! You have summed it up very well by just being yourself and showing respect to the girls. Shore some times you may be burnt but so have they ...always treat them like a lady !!!

Comment

That's the right way! Excellent, mate!!!

MK
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 23 2005,14:54)
        - being a boring old fart seems to have worked so far!

Stogie Bear  
        An inspiration to all who have reached, or are quietly making there way to that destination.

Comment

Interesting...for me the comfort factor is in the language. Once they realize that I speak fluent Thai and know more about cultural nuances than they might themselves, the guard comes down and they treat me like one of their own. Some are suspicious and think I may not be worth it because I know too much and cant be worked over but most find it comfortable and want to see me again. The real pros hate it that I can speak Thai because it blurs the lines between their work world and their personal life but most of the cool lb's love it.
          brock landers

Comment

I think you have it all wrong Stogie.

You are describing a nice guy.

In my opinion, personal decency, respect, and kindness always win the girl (the right ones), old fart or young stud, Ladyboy or girl, working girl or not working girl.

Comment

you come across as a gent stogie,theres not many of us left?! and stop putting your self down old chap.  Daz.

Comment

Great post SB

Comment

Much food for thought Stogie Bear!

Comfort factor is real and it's a two way street. We need to feel comfortable with our ladyboy friends too.

Sounds like you pick jai dee girls who want a jai dee guy!

Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by
                    Interesting...for me the comfort factor is in the language...
                    I can't count to two in Thai! I know what one is and a few others. My bus fare is 18 Baht so I learned that one. (It was a waste of time because no-one understood me!)

Originally posted by
                    In my opinion, personal decency, respect, and kindness always win the girl...
                    Yes, I agree to a certain extent. Those things may make up a part of 'The Comfort Factor.'

Originally posted by
                    Sounds like you pick jai dee girls who want a jai dee guy!
                    This is certainly true. I don't ever pick the wild ones!

Thanks for your comments, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 24 2005,09:07)
                      This is certainly true. I don't ever pick the wild ones!
                      I think THAT is the most important factor!
                      When chosing to approach a lady instead of another, you've to realize honestly and frankly whether that kind of girl belongs to your own "specie".
                      If she is a wild-disco-techno type and you aren't, chances of getting along together are slim unless you are another wild-disco-techno type!
                      Just go to bars and discos an you will see that, if you're not the same type of person as most of the people who are going in those places are, you'll be rejected at any attempt of approach you may try to make.
                      Althougfh it's not a universal law that people is attracted to their same types, this does happen most of the times.
                      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 23 2005,14:54)
                        . . .

If I'm bringing a girl to my house or to a hotel room I treat her like royalty. I don't care if she's a bargirl, streetwalker or a college gal studying marine biology. They all get the same treatment.

In the hotel I make it very clear that they have sole command of the remote control and they can order what they want from room service. Usually there is a prior trip to the 7/11 or Family Mart to pick up some last minute supplies (Miniature mouthwash, comic for when I'm sleeping, condoms and a phone card!) I make sure that I bundle all her items in with my Gatorade and Snickers bar without making too much of a fuss about it! (It's a nice gesture that will pay off for you, believe me!)

In the room I'm never in a hurry to tear off her clothes, and I'm happy to watch the telly for an hour while she takes a shower!

I like to ask my temporary 'girlfriends' questions about themselves. (And they love to talk!) Plus I'm a slow worker in bed too.

All in all it's a very stress free situation for the girl. Let's face it - I'm not stressed and I just want to get laid. I'm bigger and stronger and all my valuables are tucked away safely! Nothing for me to worry about!

. . .

Well - it has sadly dawned on me that one of the best things that I have going for me is that I'm predictable, unthreatening and boring!

. . .

Thai ladyboys have usually had some unusual experiences with people and simply being ladyboys has set there radar to ON all the time. They are very sensitive to strange behaviour and are easily scared. (Talking about nice girls here, folks!)
                        . . .

For me it means no sudden moves, no unpredictable behaviour and no odd surprises.
                        Great insight to what every girl, GG or ladyboy, really wants to find in their date for the night or relationship for a lifetime. Nothing false, no pretention, a safe and comfortable haven, some real evidence that you relate to them as a human being and not just the evening's slab of warm meat. Plus room to be themselves and let their hair down. What you get back is genuine good heart accompanied by a willingness to accept you as you are.

The ones that recognize this as what life is all about are the ones to keep. The others aren't worth any amount of chasing or drama just because they are physically a trophy chick.

Guaranteed to work in Blighty, Oz, States, LOS, etc.

My personal observation is the ingestion of any mind altering substance will almost immediately skew the situation away from what Stogie describes. If you temporarily transform yourself by drinking, smoking, snorting or otherwise changing your mental state away from normal, any relationship established during that time must by default be based on unreality. If anything solid is to develop it can only do so by backtracking first to who you really are then going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by
                          I think you have it all wrong Stogie.
                          You are describing a nice guy.
                          In my opinion, personal decency, respect, and kindness always win the girl (the right ones), old fart or young stud, Ladyboy or girl, working girl or not working girl.
                          Just what I was about to write

I was going to challenge Stogies post in one way ie no need to limit what he said to lb's. That has fuck all to do with it
                          Mister Arse

Comment

Great post Sogie !!!! Keep chillin out, and keep enjoyin life in LOS, I hope to get out there for a long stint soon, it will beat trying to cram 12 months of LB's into 10 day !

I will be back in November and will bring u another 'snack pack' of UK goodies if u want........

Comment

Originally posted by (Scooby @ Sep. 24 2005,20:13)
                              I will be back in November and will bring u another 'snack pack' of UK goodies if u want........
                              Definitely! Thanks... I finally got through the last packet of Hula Hoops!

Comment

Working...
                              X