X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequently asked Visa questions

For all your Thai visa needs go to www.expressvisadirect.com or call them on 081 175 1424. Here are some of the more common questions.

Check also Stickman Bangkok weekly for more Visa answers.

On my last trip i Arrived on October 22 at 11:30 PM. Then I left Thailand November 21 at 7am, this is technically 31 days even though i arrive and with and hour left in the day. Then i left only 7 hours into the day which was how long I was illegal.
    So i over stayed on my 30 day visa. When i got to the immigration person at the airport they just smiled at me and another person took me over to a desk. She put another tiny stamp on my passport right beside my visa but they did not charge me anything.
    I wasn't sure what implications this has for future but I shouldn't have a problem.

This site is good and seems to answer my question.
    http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/...a-thailand.php

This one is a little more unclear:
    Avoid the pitfalls of visa overstay in Thailand: Learn about the potential fines, deportation, and difficulties with future visa applications.

Couple more:
    http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go...y-in-thailand/
    http://www.richardbarrow.com/2016/02/one-day-overstay-in-thailand-could-mean-a-5-year-ban/

This one is good and it has a cool Thai video:

This guy filmed his over stay of 3 days looks like my experience sort of, but didn't have to pay anything:

Thailand Visa Advice

According to Ministry of Interior€™s Order 1/2558 Regarding Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Admission to the Kingdom of Thailand
    1. When entering the Kingdom of Thailand, please be mindful of the last day on your stay permit and DO NOT stay longer than the permitted date.
    2. If you have already overstayed beyond the permitted date, you must leave the country before the order€™s enforced date (20 March 2016).
    3. If you have already overstayed beyond the permitted date and do not leave the country before the order€™s enforced date (20 March 2016), you will be banned from re-entering the Kingdom of Thailand as shown in the details below: Alien Surrendered to Authorities:

Alien Being Arrested and Prosecuted:
      1. An alien who overstays more than 90 days beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 1 year, starting from the departure date.
      2. An alien who overstays more than 1 year beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 3 years, starting from the departure date.
      3. An alien who overstays more than 3 years beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 5 years, starting from the departure date.
      4. An alien who overstays more than 5 years beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 10 years, starting from the departure date.
        1. An alien who is caught overstaying less than or exactly 1 year beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 5 years, starting from the departure date.
        2. An alien who is caught overstaying more than 1 year beyond his/her permitted date will be banned from re-entering the country for 10 years, starting from the departure date.
    4. If you have already overstayed beyond your permitted date before the order€™s enforced date (20 March 2016), you may surrender to the authorities at the Immigration Checkpoint (land border, seaport, and airport). You must pay a fine of 500/day, but not exceeding 20,000 baht before you are allowed to leave the Kingdom of Thailand.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

What BS! We are all citizens of this earth. Bet even the USA has childish nitty picky rules. Customs officials are trained to be rude. Think I will visit my local Thai consulate in October before I visit Thailand this winter. I called and he said he will explain how to visit Thailand for a month then jet to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore for 10 days each. He said I can return to Thailand for another month before going home. May have to pay for a month tourist visa or two. Will see. Crag, you better write a letter (forget calling) to your nearest Thai consulate and see if your next visit is in jeopardy. But then again maybe you better not. If you had only one incident and they didn't scold or fine you they probably let it go without any future consequences. If you do it again you will have a problem. I know they have a immigrations office somewhere in Jomtien but lost the address. Your hotel should know and a scooter taxi will know how to find it. Nifty little mode of transportation. Made several videos of the crazy scooter driving all over Bangkok and Pattaya holding my small Sony RX100M3. These guys are so impatient and nuts.

Crag, you are good at finding things on the Internet. Super smart and dedicated.

Comment

Yes the internet is my bitch....

After consulting with my girlfriend she read the stamp on my passport and it says that i have stayed less than a day over my 30 days.
        She said it is all positive and I have no problems returning.
        They must add this stamp because the actual stamps show me staying one day too long, so the extra stamp was just a disclaimer.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CRAG View Post
          On my last trip i Arrived on October 22 at 11:30 PM. Then I left Thailand November 21 at 7am, this is technically 31 days even though i arrive and with and hour left in the day. Then i left only 7 hours into the day which was how long I was illegal.
          So i over stayed on my 30 day visa. When i got to the immigration person at the airport they just smiled at me and another person took me over to a desk. She put another tiny stamp on my passport right beside my visa but they did not charge me anything.
          I wasn't sure what implications this has for future but I shouldn't have a problem.

This site is good and seems to answer my question.
          http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/...a-thailand.php

This one is a little more unclear:
          Avoid the pitfalls of visa overstay in Thailand: Learn about the potential fines, deportation, and difficulties with future visa applications.

Couple more:
          http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go...y-in-thailand/
          http://www.richardbarrow.com/2016/02/one-day-overstay-in-thailand-could-mean-a-5-year-ban/

This one is good and it has a cool Thai video:

This guy filmed his over stay of 3 days looks like my experience sort of, but didn't have to pay anything:

Hmmmmmm. We in the US should have these rules stamped in every foreign passport that enters the US. Maybe then the illegals, overstayers, and the one's that disappear into the woodwork, would pay attention. We have totally lost control of our borders unlike most other countries including 3rd world countries. Just check out the punishment in Singapore for overstaying your visa or for being in their country illegally. I can say they do a lot more than just shave your head.

Comment

Working...
          X