X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand tattoos safe?

Everywhere you go you will see tattoo parlors with photos of the artists' works. I talked to one on upper Soi 7 and he said it will cost about US$1500.00 for a full back tattoo. Will take 8 hours. Not sure if one can elect to do half one day and the other half the next week. Have seen a few people with half done jobs and wondered what happens if the artist dies or moves away. Some of these photos are of very nicely done artworks and it is very tempting to get one. But being a doctor I am suspicious of good things that may be too good to be true. Plus I get bored of things like cars and like to buy new ones every 5 years. Same with clothes. But with tattoos it's for life. Like getting married only worse. No can get rid of it like divorce papers. Too often I see old tattoos that have faded into grey blurry lines. I have noticed colors fade faster and do look awful and in need of reining. Ever hear about Pamela Anderson? Motley Crue's drummer Tommy Lee's wife. She went to Samoa and got Hepatitis from a schmuck who didn't sterile his instruments. Seems they use tiny razor blades embedded at the ends of bamboo sticks and tap the ink into skin by tapping it with another stick. You cannot sterile wood well. She now claims she is cured of Hep C (no vaccines for this strain). Bet you she wished she never heard of tattoos. Anyway read below and tell me about your experiences with tattoos.

are tattoos safe

tattoos old faded

Getting tattoos is something you should get someone reputable whether in Thailand or elsewhere.
    if you find a good artist that is safe and uses good equipment, Thailand is probably a cheaper option than America.

The crude tattooing you describe is just like the Temple Tattoos in Thailand.
    Some Temples in Thailand have monks that give tattoos using stick and some sharp metal which they bang.
    You especially see quite a number of people from Issan that have these traditional type buddhist tattoos.
    Some are not that good while others are amazing. Often they are fish or butterflies.
    I think Angelina Jolie was known for getting this type of tattoo in Thailand.
    I've read they don't generally only clean the equipment at the end of the day.
    so it is recommended to be the first patron of the day, if you want this type of tattoo.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X