X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from bad to worse.

PIty I never paid the money to visit Ko Phi Phi. Probably will never have the chance in my lifetime. But gotta enjoy the Katoeys before they go extinct.

Travelers hoping to visit Thailand’s Maya Bay, made famous in the 2000 Leonardo DiCaprio movie “The Beach,” are going to have to wait a while longer to take in its creamy white shores and towering limestone cliffs.

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
    PIty I never paid the money to visit Ko Phi Phi. Probably will never have the chance in my lifetime. But gotta enjoy the Katoeys before they go extinct.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/ma...sure-thailand/
    The problem is the money you pay is far too little to support keeping this beautiful destination from being destroyed.

Thailand does not seem to be able to make premium experiences for people as everything just turns into a free for all offering cheaper and cheaper prices.
    At one time Phi Phi was quiet and remote, not the zoo it has become since the Beach movie came out.
    Now there is no less than 10 zillion different places and people you can book an outing to Phi Phi or James Bond island.

Thailand needs to take an place like Phi Phi island and turn it into a premium location that is expensive to stay at and not cheap to visit.
    Phi Phi is such a draw that plenty of people would be willing to a premium price to go there and enjoy it with less crowds.
    There should be a limit of 50 people or so allowed on the beach at any given time. That way people could go there and actually enjoy the secluded bay the way it should be.
    Not going to visit this beautiful location only to experience standing room only on the beach and boat traffic jams.

Thailand has also talked about turning the Cha-an/Hua Hin beaches into a new French Riveria type location.
    If it just ends up being the same free for all and is not a Premium destination like the French Riviera.
    The reason rich people go to the French Riviera is because not everyone can afford to hang out there.
    People in high income brackets don't like to vacation with average riff raff.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X