Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to "work the system" during Covid...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to "work the system" during Covid...

I like to plan ahead and winter in not THAT far off...so I'm looking at ways to get back into Thailand. (I'm American and trumps "policies" on Covid have fucked up
    international travel for us to almost EVERY country in the world!!! Asshole !!!)
    But I may have a plan that will work (at least as of today!)
    Near as I can tell, Bali and Cambodia are still accepting American tourists...Cambodia has a $3000 USD "deposit" requirement for ALL air travelers though so I'm leaning towards Bali for this plan.
    I arrive in mid-October and get a 60 day visa ($35) at the airport...It's a renewable visa...in 30 day increments...3 (maximum) extensions allowed.
    This whole plan revolves around the notion that Thailand will allow so called "travel bubbles" or agreements with select countries that you may enter Thailand if you have resided in one of these countries for the past 30 days (or more).
    I really don't think the USA will be on the "bubble" list before mid 2021so I'm not gonna sit around here just waiting
    But I'm pretty sure Bali will be one of the early entries on the list sooooo...I'll just be a short plane ride away when that does happen
    The worst case scenario is that I HAVE to spend 5 WHOLE months in Bali...HaHaHa
    Who has other ways to "sneak" into LOS ???

I would not bank on Thailand establishing travel bubbles until next year at the earliest. Most reports are that no countries of interest ("high value" tourist countries) have approached Thailand for negotiating a travel bubble agreement. That is one of the reasons why things have been so uncertain as to when they will reopen again for tourists.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

My plan is not based on anything I've read or seen...I'm just betting by December there will be intense pressure to grab some tourist $$ during high season.
      Maybe LOS will modify Cambodias policy into something like a $500 entry fee that will cover a Covid test and 4 nights at a designated govt. hotel...if you test clean...
      you get $200 back and are free to do tourist shit within the rule of law...I think most rational people could handle a 72 hour quarantine...but NOBODY wants to do 14 DAYS
      of their vacation inside a freakin hotel room

Comment

The Cambodia policy is you pay $3000 USD when you arrive. Then they test you and send you to a waiting facility where you stay until your results arrive.
        If you test negative, they refund most of your fee less the costs of the tests and a few nights stay. After that you are free to go. If you are positive it is a 14 day quarantine which will still get you a refund after if you were not hospitalized.

Once you get out you could easily hire a boat to take you to Thailand.
        I'm sure people from Cambodia are always boating over to Koh Chang all the time.
        Although i cannot see why it would be hard to hike across the border either.
        There is lots of places you could stay in Koh Chang where they would forget to take your passport.
        Cheap huts and cabins all over the island and one area full of Cambodians who are probably all there illegally.

In Hangover 2 they took a speed boat from Krabi to Bangkok and back.

Attached Files
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Agree...your understanding of the Cambodian situation is the same as mine...The biggest deterrent is trusting 350 other passengers on your flight to be virus free..when that policy was designed it stated that if ANY passenger on your flight tested positive the entire plane would be 14 days in quarantine !!!
          Don't know if they backed off that rule or not...
          So i'm still leaning toward Bali for the moment

Comment

Well there is really cheap beachside bungalows on Koh Kong in Cambodia.

kohkong.jpg
            Attached Files
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The work system during covid19 in insane most of the industries is completely off.

Comment

Working...
              X