Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(EyeMahk @ Aug. 25 2009,04:47) That said, Celeste McGee believes she is helping them, but the Thais have done a great job of making her believe the scene is something that it is not.  And why? Money, of course.  For some of the p4p girls to want to get some cash from her and her misguided organization is natural.

"Any of you who are sex slaves, come forward and I'll give you 30,000 baht and a bible to go home to your family!"  Lots will take her up on the offer, and simply move to a different bar.
    God bless the wily Thais

Reminds me of a time when we were kids drinking cheap cider in the park .
    A couple of holy rollers came by to save our souls and actually offered to buy our drink to get us on the straight and narrow .
    We charged them well over the odds , waited until they'd buggered off and went back to the wine lodge to purchase the mother of all carry outs , party in the park that night ...........

Hallelujah
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

At least the Christians only want the lb's to repent, and pray for their instincts to be redirected by God, so that they become proper men, and fancy ladies - like God intended.........
      The fundamentalist Muslims would have lb's and their partners stoned to death.
      So tolerant.
      The Ancient Greeks had it right - women for breeding, boys for pleasure.
      We're just coming back to the same place.

Comment

Maybe I missed something in the article, but I thought this young missionary seemed quite admirable. I am no doubt a hypocrite on this matter since I come to Thailand once or twice a year to enjoy the LBs.

However, I think that most fair minded people would agree (if they were being honest with themselves) that most of the bargirls would be a lot better off doing something less soul destroying. I think a lot of them turn to drugs or alcohol just to get through their day (or night as the case may be).

It just shocks me that members of the board are condeming some "meddling christian." All this because someone is saying their hobby (whoremongering) is wrong and harmful to the girls. It seems to me that this young missionary is doing a lot more to help the girls than a majority of us board members. And I'm saying this as a current agnostic and a lapsed Presbyterian.

Comment

I admire anyone who tries to improve the lot of people. But why does it always have to be via religion?

The real answer as to why Girls and LB's work in P4P is money. They have very limited scope to earn reasonable incomes as most are restricted by their level of education.

Some, of course, actually do enjoy it - they see it as a period in their life to make some good money and find a partner. Thai attitude to sex, overall, is vastly different to the Western/Christian ethic. To Thais it is more a bodily function than some Holy Grail.

I think what irritated me was that it was branding ALL LBs as Male prostitutes. There are many LBs in normal, regular, mundane jobs - beauty salons, Hotels, restaurants, shops, travel agencies. They are NOT all crazed up, junky, sex maniacs.

So if this missionary wants to 'change' the people he needs to understand Thai culture, Economics, Family life/values. Then develop a program (education) to help those, that are interested in finding an alternate way, to earn an income and continue to support their families - Thai value system.

Bible bashing is just alien to a culture that is older than the West (the year is now 2552 here) and actually is based on a good philosophy - Buddhism.

The history/reputation of Christian Missionaries is nothing to be proud of.
          IMHO

Comment

Thats why I say God bless the SALVO's (Salvation Army.) They put your welfare first, and moralising second.
            I know I am a miserable sinner: But the joy of being a lapsed catholic (guilt free) is that I only have to offer a coherent mia culpa on my deathbed and all is forgiven!
            How fuckin' great is that?
            Poor protestant trash has to be good always, we just need a pre-departure confession!
            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(stonefre @ Aug. 25 2009,06:39) Oh, she is from Oral Roberts country. Easy to paint with a broad brush there. Being from the so called bible belt in the US  and raised as a baptist, I agree, they do want to change everyone into their way of thinking.
              I agree. The thing that bothered me most about the article and her reasoning was that she said Thailand being 96% Buddhist was a significant reason for her choosing Thailand. Like that is wrong and her religion is the only one that is right which is typical in my experience of the vast majority of Christians. I would say from what I've read that the majority of Muslims fall into this category too, though I have not talked to many Muslims, and the few foreigner Muslims I have talked to here, came across as friendly tolerant people.
              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(EyeMahk @ Aug. 25 2009,04:47) And, after watching her video, I think I might enjoy fucking Celeste McGee. Is that wrong?  
                OMG, I couldn't touch that horse faced skank with a ten foot pole. Even if my dick wanted to fuck her, the site of her naked body would send signals from my eyes to my brain to cause my friend John Henry to retreat like a frightened turtle into his shell.
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Aug. 27 2009,12:39) Even if my dick wanted to fuck her, the site of her naked body would send signals from my eyes to my brain
                  Got any nude pics of Celeste McGee so I can judge for myself?  

Comment

Just looking at how she looks in clothes with that horse face, I half expect her to whinny like a horse, I can't imagine she'd look a whole helluva lot better undressed.
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Bit of a moose our Celeste, isn't she?
                      Good luck to her, not that she's got her work cut out or anything....
                      http://thenonpcblog.blogspot.com

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Aug. 25 2009,09:11) Bollocks
                        That's not very ladylike!

He was a "lady boy,€ the street name for male prostitutes who dress and act like women.
                        I have always understood that someone who 'dresses and acts like a woman' is either a transvestite, or in show business a female impersonator.

My understanding of the term ladyboy as used by Thai's is someone who is either a transsexual or a gay man who has femine characteristics.
                        (The Thai's apparently don't differentiate in the same way that us falangs do).
                        ie. pyschologically they are female or want to assume a female role - so I'm not sure why they would want to be 'healed' and I guess 'converted' back to a male.

RR.
                        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                        Kahuna

Comment

(Master Bator @ Aug. 25 2009,09:18) Non religious ladyboys should want to save their nuts!
                          atheism and healthy balls, physics n mussy.. what else is there?
                          hilbie paratodos

Comment

(eltel @ Aug. 25 2009,01:32) OK not all Christians want to change people, but more Christians do want to change people than say Jews or Hindus.
                            You never hear of Jewish missionaries.
                            The reason you never hear of Jews or Hindu missionaries is because these are not proselytizing religions i.e They don't go out looking for converts like the Christians and Muslims. To be Jewish your mother must also be a Jew, Sure there are converts but a very small minority. Likewise the Hindu religion you're either born Hindu or your not.
                            It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

(tampanugget_2001 @ Aug. 26 2009,12:52) However, I think that most fair minded people would agree (if they were being honest with themselves) that most of the bargirls would be a lot better off doing something less soul destroying.
                              You mean factory work or working on a farm?
                              I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

Fvck Celeste McGee and the zombies that spawned her. A blithering and misguided idiot, I can only hope she gets tag teamed by a handful of Yaba jacked amazons.
                                In this game the object is to mate the queen.    

Comment

Working...
                                X