Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a gentleman introduce me to the Rotary board that he works on in Pattaya. I like the idea of a little work for $$, little work for ego, and a little work for helping others.
    TEXASMAC

Comment

IMHO the trick is to find balance. My comments only apply to people considering a long term stay.

Do not live in Central Pattaya - the temptation to walk out your door and indulge in more drinking and whoring is too much for any man.

Do not rent or buy a small Studio - you will climb up the walls. Try to get a house (that can become your home) with a private pool or one where the development has a pool. It also makes it easier for friends/family to visit you.

Try to create some routine that keeps you occupied.

Continue with an existing hooby/interest or develop a new one. Golf, Sailing whatever

Make sure you have a good Internet connection so you can stay in touch with family and friends.

Rotary, or similar associations, are a good way to meet some great people.

Avoid getting addicted to Pattaya and all its temptations - too much of a good thing and you will become jaded.

I moved here six years ago and was fortunate to meet up with some good people who advised me.

Initially I wanted a 2 bed Condo downtown. I ended up 14 Kms out of town in a non estate house. At first all was well as I had a Thai GG. When we split I thought I lived too far out of town and considered selling/renting out my home so I could move downtown.

It did not take long for me to realise I was infinitely better off out of town.

I gradually got to know my neighbours - both Thai and Farang. I shop locally in our market and after a while people reaise that you are resident and not on vacation.

I enjoy the peace that I have but know I can visit Hell's Kitchen within 15 minutes.

I would also try to learn Thai - just a little helps.

Not one size fits all but hopefully some thoughts to ponder.

Now I live here I loathe going back to Europe - too many regulations.

Comment

I figure reading, biking the Rotary and your suggestion of staying away from town sounds perfect. I just cant see my butt on one of them scooters.
        TEXASMAC

Comment

Definatly sounds like the direction I should head once i sort out a few things here.

Comment

I just want to relax into my golden years.
            TEXASMAC

Comment

Working...
            X