X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy with the forums now?

well, waddya think lads? It's been about a month since Snick and Stogie stepped up and saved this forum with a newer, streamlined look and with Snick moderating. Is it good just the way it is or should we add/delete?

I will start the voting with 'fine the way it is'; I think too many forums are hard to keep up with every day and in any case we don't need more forums to chat about things that are not ladyboy-related, the last one just started fights and brought out a lot of inflammatory comments.
    No, I want 5 more
    0%
    I want a virtual pub so I can chat about other topics
    0%
    This set-up is fine the way it is
    0%
    Delete 2 and make it even more compact
    0%

Compact..compact..compact
    We are all busy men here, aren't we? LOL!!
    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I would like to see a dumping ground of some sort so that the other forums don't get too polluted with irrelevent subjects or threads that drift off topic.

But; I agree that too many forums make the place harder to manage and keep up with.

Comment

I voted for the virtual pub, but that's not exactly what the forum needs.

It would be nice to have a forum to move crap into that automatically dumps all threads over 30 days old!

You could call it "The Ice Box" or something. Just a dumping ground for stuff that we don't need staring us in the face on the other forums!

But basically we have a pretty good formula.

Comment

I miss the Pub. Good place to talk lots of stuff that's not ladyboy or travel. One idea is to bring it back but make politics off limits.

Another forum that I'd like to see back is the football pool. There's never any mean spirited talk there. If Blue Ballz, Smuttley, and Stogie are busy I'll run it.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 06 2005,01:57)
            "The Ice Box"
            and how about the Fish Box for POL? Wouldn't be very active though.

Comment

I liked the virtual pub, but over the last few months before you dropped it, it became completely out of control!, and frankly i was glad you got rid JaiDee.

But the fights and inflammatory comments came from a small minority of members, and mainly from one subject.. politics.

I voted for bring back the pub, just ban the politics.

21 days to go

Comment

Well, I tend to be a "lumper", not a "splitter". If you look at the activity in the other forums it seems that they have tailed off to only a few new posts a day. If you wanted to add something though how about a "Hall of Fame" thread pinned somewhere so that a newbie could find links to some of the more memorable and informative threads. It would be much easier to come up to speed than just working your way back through the threads or trying to make searches work if you really don't know what you're looking for.

Comment

Stogie used to do this, but I think they got too numerous

could be good to start that again, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by
                    miss the Pub. Good place to talk lots of stuff that's not ladyboy or travel. One idea is to bring it back but make politics off limits.
                    Never gonna happen
                    Mister Arse

Comment

Since I was deputized as a Moderator of the Photos Area (Thank you to JaiDee, Stogie Bear, and Snick)

I've been watching over all the posts for any problems and any illegal content but I have to say everyone€™s been very well behaved... I only had to remove some photos that Orion posted that were copyrighted but otherwise it's been pretty good.

If it's decided that another area be opened I would be willing to offer my time to moderate it as well if needed.

Bam

Comment

I am new to the site and find the forums as they are very good. As for deleting the older stuff....well...it has been useful to me to read as I am new to all this .If anything then how about a history forum where stuff gets dumped, then guys like me can have axcess to valuable information. I understand that some will be out of date but as background it is useful.

Comment

I think the setup is fine the way it is, however I will say that the Virtual Pub concept is a good one however I just feel that it got a little off track towards the end.

Comment

I voted to bring back the pub. I've occasionally run across something funny that I would have shared on the pub, but it didn't fit it anywhere else.

I've noticed that people have been on good behavior since Bam and I started smacking them around a bit.
                            I'd moderate it (and pull the plug if it got to be a pain).
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

looks like 'current set-up' is in the lead for now, time will tell

if we DO have another forum you would have to run it because it really wouldn't interest me, I only come here to read and comment about ladyboys. I think that is why the other one got out of hand; I was one of the moderators there but never read it, so when the shit started to fly I wasn't even aware of it until people started complaining in my mailbox.

Comment

Working...
                              X