X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much?

A jealous ladyboy that has been trying to stop my girlfriend coming with me,has told her that she should go work in her bar,that she would earn at least 50,000 bht a month,and she would find a farang that would pay her 35,000 bht a month.
    My girlfriend has told her that she is not interested,but it has made me wonder,do any of you give money,or know anyone who does,if so how much is given?
    I know its lies,just to try and unsettle my girlfriend,but i am curious,and having searched here i can not find any info.

It's not lies. Wake up. If your girlfriend is attractive and ambitious the figures she has been quoted are realistic.

You have three options...

1 - Move to Thailand and pay her to stay out of the bars.
    2 - Move her away from her friends (who seem to be influencing her life contrary to your wishes.)
    3 - Give her up.

Sorry, dude... thems the facts.  

Comment

a very cute girl can get 50K in a bar but that's rare..... most make about 20-30, maybe even lower in low season. LOL........seems to be called that for a reason?

I have never sent cash to anyone but I know many ladyboys who are on the recieving end of these donations from "sponsors" [boyfriend in the mind of the sponsor] and it is usually 30-50K. But that rarely keeps them from working and why should it, if they can double that working in a bar there is no incentive to stay home watching TV.

Comment

I do live in Thailand,i am just away on a short business trip.
        Yes we are moving far away from her friends,i have my own house in Thailand.
        I know many farangs who live with girls in same city as me,and do not give anything like 35,000 a month.
        It is not the 50,000 that i doubt,thats why i asked how much is given?
        Can assure you i am wide awake!!!!!!!!

Comment

well, to be honest and I hope this doesn't stray from this board as some of my comments have in the past, these kids can live on a substantially smaller amount, especially if they are away from BKK. But I think what oftentimes happens is that the guy from the west will give money based on HIS comfort range; he may think to himself " well, 1000 bucks a month is not a lot to me, I am loaded and can afford it, poor little Pun is broke and needs it more than I do." cool for Pun and him if he doesn't miss the grand, but it throws everything off for a guy like you. In my humble opinion, I don't see how a girl could need more than 15-20K to live VERY WELL in that country, especially if she is with you most of the time! and of course you are picking up the tab for shit. And in any case, she should have a job; even Robinson's and Big C and these places pay 6 or 7K per month and that could add to her income by about 50%. I can't stand these girls that get cash from the states or europe and feel like they can just lay around and watch TV all day now and sleep, or worse go work in a bar until Sponsor boy comes back.

If she demands more than say 15K from you and refuses to add to the household income by getting a job or her friends [maybe with her approval] threaten that she will leave you to go work in a go-go bar unless you give her more, I would say it is time to cut bait here.

Comment

You have to also look at where there coming from... it's not just the good money but for a 19 year old Ladyboy this is an exciting way of life working in a go-go bar... lots of fringe benefits like getting to meet interesting and exciting people from all parts of the world, great way to learn English, a chance that someone will marry them and take them out of Thailand... Free booze and we can't forget all the SEX! Yeah they like sex too... hehhehhehe getting your dick sucked and being paid for it?? Hell yeah that€™s a good job in Thailand!

So all you guys who send them money so they don't have to 'work in bar no more' wake up and smell the coffee guys!

Comment

You can take the girl out of the bar, but never the bar out of the girl...

Comment

This seems to be true

I know I would never try it

Comment

The very fact that Phantoms girlfriend is talking about these opportunities to him tells me a lot right there.

I'm sure Kui could have gone on the game and made some good money, and I'm sure that she's well aware of it, too. (In fact I told her often enough!)

But I'm equally sure she'd never ever say such a thing, and she didn't even when we were living on bread and water for the first year or so when I first came here.

People of all incomes and persuasions seem determined that their girl is the exception to the rule and will empty their bank accounts to prove it.

If you are serious about this girl take my advice... Move here (permanently) and 'marry' her!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 06 2005,20:00)
                    People of all incomes and persuasions seem determined that their girl is the exception to the rule and will empty their bank accounts to prove it.
                    hahaha, I have seen this before

it's comical, trying to 'buy' love

Comment

So, average salaries are 7-9K or so per month in a department store, 7 days/week, 12 hours/day, 2 days off.

In a bar, 8K + minimum 7 Offs (7*1500=10.5K) = minimum 18.5K / month (low end)

Top girl, 8K + 36 offs (36 *15K=54K) = 62K / month (low end)

So, most girls can live on 7K / month. Working girls 18-100K / month. Maybe average is 30-50K or so.

I am wondering myself, if I have a girlfriend, and she lives with me, how much would I give her? My feeling
                      is 7K / month, i.e., salary of a department store girl, however, she would obviously save rent and food money
                      and go to places she normally could not go (movies, restaurants, travel).

If she wants 35-50K/month, she wants the salary of a working girl who does quite well. If that's what she
                      wants, I'd tell her go for it, and dump her, because she has the desire of someone who loves about 5-10 times
                      more than an average person in Thailand. Can u imagine someone desiring 5-10 times more than the average
                      salary in your country?

With this, think of the morons who ship out 40K baht / month to these girls. Think it's ok? Hell no. They want
                      5-10 times on top of that. I would say about 25% of the girls in Cascades have moron boyfriends who ship out
                      around 40K / month thinking that they don't work anymore. A few girls, have 2 or 3 guys shipping them money,
                      and they STILL work at the bar. You have to think of "desire for money" to understand the psyche here, and, less
                      insultingly, the simple desire for friendship and the fun of working in a bar. No girl will stop working for 40k/month
                      is my view (or 80K).

Comment

wow, Ziggy comes out of his shell with a vengeance! he didn't say much for the first 6 months or so that he was hanging around the forum but has more than made up for it lately with his insights into the BKK ladyboy scene.

Thanks for the reports and commentary from the front lines, Zig

Comment

Thankyou JaiDee,you posted exactly what i wanted,15,000 -20,000,i did not want to promt any figures but they exactly what i said a farang probably could pay a girl,my girlfriend reply was "20,000 too expensive for farang."
                          Her friend is a piece of shit,that steals from farangs at any opportunity,i wish i could put her name here,but it could cause major problems,my girlfriend tells me everything,and she is the one that says her friend is jealous.
                          Its funny how Stoggie and i see this completely differently,i am pleased she tells me everything,because she does tell me, i trust her more and more,and i am the worlds most untrusting bastard,especially in Thailand.
                          But Stoggie says "The very fact that Phantoms girlfriend is talking about these opportunities to him tells me a lot right there.

I'm sure Kui could have gone on the game and made some good money, and I'm sure that she's well aware of it, too. (In fact I told her often enough!)

But I'm equally sure she'd never ever say such a thing, and she didn't even when we were living on bread and water for the first year or so when I first came here"
                          I can only assume you did not understand what i wrote,i am sorry if i did not make it clear,my girlfriend does not see these as oppertunities,she actually laughs about it,she has zero desire to go and is in no way trying to use any of these comments to gain anything from me,she is simply telling me everything,which is something i like.
                          I  told her from the start,that i want an honest relationship,and she is just being honest with me.
                          I`do` not know how the figures stack up,a UK guy who can afford to pay 35,000 bht a month,would be rarer than rocking horse shit,he would have to earn a top UK salary,as living expenses in the UK are very high,its highly likely someone on that salary is married with a big mortgage,or divorced with even bigger overheads,the likelyhood he would like ladyboys,visit Thailand,go to a particular bar and pick a particular girl is probably a number of millions to one,so the comment of "come work my bar,you will get a farang that give you 35000 bht a month" to me  it just does not add up,but it made me wonder,if perhaps i am completely out of touch,which is why i started this thread.
                          I think anyone paying a girl anything like that money is crazy,the girl will stay with you,but you will never know if she really cares about you,or simply can not afford to leave you.
                          My friends who do pay gg ,give them between 5,000 and 15,000,i do not know anyone who gives a ladyboy money,but its funny how they would be at the top end earners!!

Comment

OK - I'll answer your original question...

You said that you knew for sure that your jealous friend is feeding your girlfriend 'lies.' (Your words.)

She's not.

I know ladyboys working today who have no sponsors and I know some who have no sponsors who are actively searching for them.

I know many girls who just have one regular sponsor (who pays the rent/family/spending money etc) or a sponsor who showers them when they actually have their infrequent meetings.

I know a few who have multiple sponsors and who have multiple mobiles to manage them.

I know girls who have been bought cars, condos and various forms of cosmetic surgery.

(And I don't know that many ladyboys!)

Your jealous friend is NOT lying to your girlfriend. If your gf is attractive and ambitious she WILL make a lot of money in bars selling her body for cash and mining for morons to feed her bank account.

You have adopted a defensive posture as to your own situation. A situation of which I was not previously aware of, so I can only comment on what I know or what you have given us to go on.

So - the answer to your question is this...

The girls DO have sponsos who send them money either regularly or as occasional gifts. Those amounts realsitically vary from as little as 5,000 a month to 100,000 a month from the Japs and Chinese who are paying for 'Mia Nois.' The gifts vary in impact from days out shopping at posh stores to plonking down cash at a car show room.

The cash to be made in bars varus enormously and you can look at many factors to determine a girls monthly worth.

Age, ambition, days worked, friendliness, sexiness and repeat customers all figure into this constant state of ladyboy flux. But even after all of these factors are taken into consideration I would say that the incomes vary from 20,000 to 80,000 on any given month regardless of the season and how busy it is!

Now - what you have to do is appraise your girlfriend and rank her against what you have seen working at bars. If she is more attractive, sexier and friendlier than most of the girls that you see working then she will of course make more than the girls you see working. If she's not then she won't.

Also - I'm happy that you have a good solid long term trusting relationship with your gf. This means that she'll not really consider this source of income as a serious option. So I wonder why we are even discussing it!

One day your girlfriend may lose her looks and as a result lose the opportunities that she may have had in the past to make some decent money. But that's OK. You'll be there to take care of her, right?

Whatever happens I really do hope that it works out for you both. Normal relationships are hard to comeby and I would love to hear about more of them. (What normal means is another thread!)

Good luck,

SB

Comment

Originally posted by (Phantom @ Sep. 07 2005,04:15)
                              so the comment of "come work my bar,you will get a farang that give you 35000 bht a month" to me  it just does not add up,but it made me wonder,if perhaps i am completely out of touch
                              this is typical if the girl is hot, believe it.  I have seen ladyboys get 30-60K a month from some clown who is trying to buy their love and believing they are the only guy in her life while other 'sponsors' are sending in more good money after bad to the same girl. Of course not every girl gets lucky like this, but it is much more common than you think.

conversation with {X}, a model from this website who is now cut; this transpired in Kings Corner one night;

me..... Hi, have you got a boyfriend now?

her.... yes, some nice guy from Florida, USA

me.... really? how much does he send you? {I am always  curious about this}

her...... 60,000Baht per month

me...  REALLY?  [not faking surprise either, that's a lot!]

her.... yes, he very good to me

me....cool, good for you.

pause

me..... does he know you are working now?

her..... no, he thinks I am home in my apartment

pause

her.....well, gotta  go!  bye now

me....bye

Comment

Working...
                              X