X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hijacked thread!
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Ok, I give Iron Pussy to you free of charge Stogie! Drink heavily while watching and have a girl adjacent for those dull moments (just after the intro).

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Oct. 27 2005,20:30)
        I didn't enjoy it, but then again I haven't seen an Asian movie that I did enjoy.

This one seeped of predictable melodrama and maudlin moments that really slowed the movie down.

Quite a glossy fairytale and I'm sure it's way above average compared with most (if not all) Asian contributions to the movie industry!
        Are u tellin me that u didnt like "Ong Bak" Stogie?
        Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Oct. 27 2005,20:50)
          Skip Kung Fu Hustle, his previous movie Shaolin Soccer is MUCH Better. But get the original version with subtitles, not the shortened dubbed version.

Ong Bak - Muay Thai Fighter  is great, you like kung fu, go see it. The follow up Tom Yung Goong is also good, but the 1st is better.

There is also a Thai movie about a ladyboy volleyball team, its a true storey too (mostly). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263957/
          I tried to get a copy of Tom Yung Goon b4 i left but nobody had it said they couldnt sell it as they would be fined 80,000Baht for every copy they had...

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ Oct. 27 2005,21:25)
            Have you never seen any movie of one of the great Chinese directors like Kaige Chen, Zhang Yimou, Ang Lee, Peter Chan, Xiaoshuai Wang...?  what about the wonderful Vietnamese movies "Cyclo" or "The Scent of Green Papaya" by Tran Nu Yên-Khê? I'm a heavily addicted movie buff and there are for sure at least 5 Asian movies among my top 10 list, and for sure no martial arts movies (always the same and bloody boring). Of course there are good ones too, but they're just not my thing.
            If you want action in a different way, then maybe the excellent Japanese movies of Takeshi Kitano, the slightly weird stuff from Takashi Miike or maybe the absolute mega-classics of Akira Kurosawa, the "Shakespeare of 20th century cinema", are something for you.  
            There's a lot to be discovered in Asian cinema and only a few Baht away from you, on the next streetcorner in BKK.

MK
            WHAT an Advert

Comment

Originally posted by post-op lover View Post
              I've seen it and have seen Nong Toom up close at a screening in California. She's gorgeous, and seems to be very nice. I think that in most ways the movie is accurate. I forget her answer (and the director's answer, too) to that question. I believe that there were a few creative licenses taken, but it's pretty accurate for the most part.

I give it two thumbs up! However, I would say that it's not necessarily the stuff of great cinema. But, it beats (almost?) every Tom Cruise movie ever made.
              This is a very old topic, but in case anyone is interested, Nong Toom did some Muay Thai matches in China as per the Youtube video below - in this particular match she lost against a Chinese opponent. I had also read that she was running a Muay Thai school in Thailand.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I do, I also recommand you to watch "Slice"

Comment

Originally posted by tslasia View Post
                  Has anyone seen this picture yet based on that one particular ladyboy who began as a kickboxer to pay for her transformation yet?

If so, is the movie accurate?

Transformation magazine gave it a good review. Has any of you guys seen it?
                  I didn't seen It can you please share the link for us.

Comment

Working...
                  X