• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harisu's upcoming wedding

Did you get invited?

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...702220024.html

Cheers to her.

POL
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Awww I really thought I had a chance too...

Comment

If she ever needs a divorce lawyer I'll gladly sit for the korean bar. I'd do anything!

Comment

(post-op lover @ Feb. 24 2007,01:12) Did you get invited?  

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...702220024.html

Cheers to her.

POL
        That little guy is obviously queer. Six years her junior? Former member of a boy-band? Jeez.

Next thing you will hear is that Lance Bass will be marrying Tula.

Poor Harisu. She needs to wake up and find a real man.

Comment

Hey, don't go starting problems: before long, GGs will be complaining that these men need to wake up and start looking for a real woman.

Anyway, there are still plenty of posties to go around for the select few. There's 2 or 3 members of Lady, some members of Venus Flytrap, some very hot Japanese newhalfs (my favorites), a few Chinese beauty pageant winners, who knows how many Thais (and where is Nong Poy? Isn't she getting married, too? ). I think even Harisu isn't at the level of the "next" star whom we'll see in our lifetimes. I'm guessing that out of somewhere, perhaps China, there will be an even larger TS sensation. Of course, she'll have to be postie, because pre-ops won't get mainstream lust.

POL

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

greetings to harisu

Comment

(sangabriel @ Feb. 24 2007,13:00) That little guy is obviously queer.
              She needs to wake up and find a real man.
              Ha ha i agree, lucky bugger
              i bet on the gay forums its much the same......

She is a transexual
              "He needs to wake up and find a real man"

Comment

China, LB's will be-coming out of the woodwork in the near future. The LB population in China is expnding very rapidly, and becoming more acceptable due to how attractive many of these LB's are. Additionally this brought on by the ever increasing male population, stats show that for every 138 men in major China cities there is only 100 women in comparison; the numbers are higher in countryside 145 men to 100 women.
                My little bit of research, from living between the USA and Hong Kong and Guangzhou...
                Cheesr to all,
                Mickey
                Mickey, oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind, oh Mickey!!!

Comment

I think Harisu is S Korean but your point is taken. The Chinese pop is unbalanced and it is big place but perhaps LBs will start popping up more often. I hope so.

I think these marriages are a lot easier in arty circles than if you lived in a rural village on the Mongolian border where you may get strung up for dabbling in the transgender.....im just guessing!

Have any western celebs married transexuals?. perhaps a hi profile tranny wedding would be good for the community.

Comment

(Tomcat @ Feb. 25 2007,01:34) The Chinese pop is unbalanced and it is big place but perhaps LBs will start popping up more often. I hope so.

Have any western celebs married transexuals?. perhaps a hi profile tranny wedding would be good for the community.
                    Well I'm all for TS marriages in China. A novel way to address the (over) population issue

I seem to recall that Richard Gere was in a LTR with Rue Paul at one stage. What ever happened to those two ? Hang on, on 2nd thoughts I think that was the name of his pet...

Comment

(Tomcat @ Feb. 24 2007,23:34) Have any western celebs married transexuals?. perhaps a hi profile tranny wedding would be good for the community.
                      None, but there have been several celebs associated with Roberta Close.

Comment

Here is the pic of the happy couple. And the article in English, for those of you who do not want to follow the link.

Transgender Star to Tie the Knot in May
                        Harisu (left) and Micky Jung, who will tie the knot on May 19.

Harisu is to marry Micky Jung, a rapper six years her junior, at CentralCity in Banpo-dong, Seoul on May 19. The two families met last December and again in January to set the wedding date, the star told the Chosun Ilbo. Who will officiate and emcee has not been decided, nor has the honeymoon destination. Their married life is to start at the home in Nonhyun-dong, Seoul that Harisu shares with her parents.

Asked about the sensitive issue of babies, she said, €œI asked my boyfriend, I can€™t have a baby: what should we do? And he responded so naturally, €˜We can adopt.€™ He consoled me saying the baby will be mine if I give it a blood transfusion.€

How do you feel after announcing your wedding plan?

It was difficult to keep it secret because the wedding has been planned for such a long time. I really wanted to announce it out of blue, but it was leaked.

What does marriage mean to you?

Fulfillment as a woman. To think in broader terms, it may mean that a socially shunned transgender person is recognized as a woman.

It must have been hard to get to the point of marriage€¦.

Above all, we are so compatible and we really need each other. So we decided to get married.

How did your prospective parents-in-law react?

I went to see them last August for the first time. My boyfriend and I were really worried, but we were surprised how warmly they welcomed me.

Who first talked about adoption?

My boyfriend. He joked he is willing to adopt up to four babies.

Micky Jung, Harisu€™s bridegroom-to be, was a member of a dance group EQ that was active during mid 90s. Since finishing his military service, he has been a rapper in the underground scene but held down a day job. He joined Harisu€™s management company in 2005 and worked on her fourth album released in January 2006 and her summer special album that came out in June that year. They have recently started to appear on TV shows together. Their love apparently grew along with their career.

([email protected] )

He says he is willing to adopt, that probably had something to do with her saying yes.
                        Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I hope they do adopt. That would be good. I don't know of many examples of TS mothers.

POL

Comment

My Korean friend mentioned something about them having trouble adopting cause of same sex issues in Korea... she also mentioned that because of the celebrity status it might be overlooked though...

Can LB/Male couples adopt in LOS?

Comment

Legally Harisu is now female on her ID documents - so that should be no barrier for adoption. She won her court case to have her gender changed about two years ago and this has set the precedent for other transsexuals to be successful in their bids. The South Korean gov't is contemplating passing laws that will allow this to happen without a court challenge.

I think Hariu's fame has made a big impact on the acceptance of transsexuals in Korea and advanced some of their rights.

Plus she's is gorgeous!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                              Membership Levels
                              The Rookie Thread
                              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                              X