X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin City

As a lover of phuket maybe I can't really comment about Pattaya but there was a 'sensational expose' in the Sunday World (one of Ireland's finest rags) today about Pattaya, described in the article as as "the Sodom and Gomorrah of the Worlds sex industry".

Having seen and heard all of the many TV and radio ads over the last few days, I picked up a copy of the paper today expecting to see a revelation of Irish people who were found to be physically abusing (to the point of murder) Thai girls and boys or who were involved in pimping or drug pushing.

Instead I was presented with a front page headline and a two page spread about an Irish Guy who is on trial in Thailand for the murder of a Thai girl. Apparently he had broken up with his Thai GF and, as revenge, had picked up a prostitute. Unfortunately, in the course or aftermath of a bizarre bondage session, he proceeded to attack the poor girl 22 times with a knife and a hammer. Now don't get me wrong, this is all very shocking stuff and worthy of reporting but it seems strange to me that it was marketed as a story about "Thailand's sordid sex indusrty"....I mean, this was really a story about love an betrayal and a guy who lost the plot....could have happened anywhere and probably happens in the UK and Ireland a number of times every year.

Interestingly, the article also mentions the recent crackdown and arrest of LB prostitutes in pattaya. According to the article the deputy national commander of the tourist police described the operation as "purely a preventative exercise in advance of the forthcoming Chinese New Year celebrations.We are arresting them before anything happens to protect the tourists " The Police Colonel said they had arrested 70 prostitutes and that "the girls will be fined 500 baht and then they will be released. If we catch them again the fine will go up". Having said that, the Colonel also claimed that there were only 500 vice workers in Pattaya....

In the midst of a serious article, the funniest moment for me was where the journalist 'discovered' that "The Sunday World found exectly the same sort of bars in Patpong"....a Pulitzer prize for that man !!!  

However the most ironic comment and one that I hope will not be lost on the publishers was where the journalist revealed that "Sadly for Thailand, it is these sex haunts that grab the headlines rather than the incredible friendliness of the people, the stunning scenery and the beautiful islands".

I eagerly await the next Sunday World (or other publication) article that represents Thailand and/or other SE Asian countries in a positive light...maybe then these countries can start to build tourist economies to match their natural resources.
    jet712

do you have a link to the story?
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(jet712 @ Feb. 26 2007,07:42) "the Sodom and Gomorrah of the Worlds sex industry".
      Actually its "Sodom and Gomorrah By The Sea" to give pattaya its proper name.

God, don't you just love factual journalism.
      Too old to die young!

Comment

The line that made me laugh
        in the article was telling people
        that not all the sex worker's in Pattaya
        were really girl's??
        As if it was some kind of secret!!!
        If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

(jet712 @ Feb. 26 2007,06:42) "The Sunday World found exectly the same sort of bars in Patpong"....a Pulitzer prize for that man !!!  
          They must have sent someone to do research I'm sure it was all purely for the article.
          I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

But of course!!
            If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

and Pattaya seems to be way more open to just about anything now. I've seen more live sex show in bars this time around then ever before...  

Comment

(Bam @ Feb. 27 2007,19:53) and Pattaya seems to be way more open to just about anything now. I've seen more live sex show in bars this time around then ever before...  
                which ones?
                Mister Arse

Comment

Stewarts finally cracked the quotes!!!!
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Hate the place EVEN more now that those filthly russians are around.

They are so arrogant and for what... ? There cuntry is nothing more than a nuclear dustbin run by mafia scum.

God riddance CCCP you were NEVER a contender.

Comment

(breakermorant @ Mar. 01 2007,00:12) Hate the place EVEN more now that those filthly russians are around.

They are so arrogant and for what... ? There cuntry is nothing more than a nuclear dustbin run by mafia scum.

God riddance CCCP you were NEVER a contender.

Okay,

I agree,
                      but you won't find Russians in the typical nightlife bars and go go bars.

Shows, as Stewart ask for :

For LB Lovers -
                      in Stringfellows, but don't ask me, I never watched these shows yet!

For GG Lovers -

Living Dolls Show Case
                      or
                      Angelwitch

Sorry, but I like this place

Mell

Comment

(katoeylover @ Feb. 27 2007,23:56) Stewarts finally cracked the quotes!!!!  
                        I'm getting fucking DRUNK tonight boys!!!

Stringfellows puts on an all nude show 3 times a night... (but that maybe just a rumour!)

By the way - Stewart's quote thingy must have been a fluke. I mean - he has to get it right every once in a while, right, even by accident?

Comment

the show went on at 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30 whilst i was about in january. of course some nights the last show was down to just a couple girls if it had been a good night for barfines. for one of the shows at 10:30 there were four girls dancing and one sitting on each side of me and i was the *only* customer in the place.

another night i was about to barfine the young annie at 12:15 and the mamasan told me it'd be 1000baht if i took her then, but if i let her dance first, it'd be only 500 baht. after my initial spit-take about the absurdity of a 1000baht barfine, i just chilled and let her dance first. watching her take kang's cock into her mouth on stage did nothing to reduce my desire for her i must say and an hour later her mouth was more full than ever.

oh and there was also the evening that i sat with lek watching the 'simulated sex' show while across the way, the only other customer was taking turns giving and getting a blow job from one of the other bargirls. the girl kept smiling at me the whole time she was getting blown, quite proud of herself, seemingly offering me to go next . lek looked on quite askance and said to me 'i never do that!'. i asked 'never? really?'. she squeezed my excited parts and said 'not in bar! so...we go now?' and we did.

but i love that show.

Comment

Pattaya is a shit hole. If I didn't have to work there, I'd never step foot in that God forsaken place.
                            * LadyboyDolls.com
                            * Third World Media
                            * Black Ops Media

Comment

Well - it IS a shit hole, but I really enjoy my 2 night/3 day sojourns there each month or so!

Comment

Working...
                              X