X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HONEY BAR...

Well, I heard a rumour and had to investigate...

...and sad to say that it's true. The Honey Bar will be closing in January to make way for a new hotel.

Sad news for yours truly because this was the only LB bar in town I actually liked going to! A couple of the members and I went there last night and had a great time with some of the girls.

I love Thailand because they just love fat bald beer drinking bastards like me... or is it a money thing? Nah...

Guess which ones me...

Do you know when in January? I will be in BKK about mid month. Hope it hasn't gone by then.

Comment

Stogie,
      You are around there more than most of us , tell me what's going on over there. Why are they taking down so many bar's and putting up hotel's?
      I think if not for the bars ..there would not be much need for all the hotel's there. Are they trying to make lower sukhumvit a classy area ?

Comment

Comment

it was open mid december , i have heared that mr taksin wants to close everything down from 10 pm , that is all the weston areas,all the thai areas will be ok. exactly what mr lim did in manilla he closed down ermita (what a hero) he forgot to close down quezon city full of bars but philipino.

Comment

Its still open, but surrounding bars are closing one after another. The Asoke beer bar is located in some pretty prime real estate, with the economy improving, tourism increasing and the subway opening up down the street, the land is much more valuable as a hotel than as a beer bar.

Eventually a new strip of bars will open up somewhere, as long as there are horny farangs !!!

The 10pm closing idea is now the 12pm closing idea....no clue if this will pass or not. The idea was first "floated" a month ago.
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Guys,

Yes... Stogie was shedding a few tears when its closing was confirmed. It's really is a nice place. It's an outdoor bar, mixed in with a group of bars. Would be hard to find if Stogie didn't show me where it was. Must have been around 10-12 girls there, all very nice and friendly. Guess it goes to the archives with the Beverly Hills Bar and Crackhouse.

Nice getting together with you Stogie, Kui and GooGoo. Had a great time....

Lotusman

Comment

too bad about this place; it's the only outdoor beer bar for ladyboys in the city, or I should say that it WAS. I used to like hanging here on warm nights; beat the shit out of the stuffy Casanova or Obsessions.

as Lotus said.....one more ladyboy bar come and gone.....and better hunting for us farangs.

Jon

Comment

I'm sure a new spot will appear. There are so many LB and so many admirers its gotta happen. There are lots of little beer bars off the side sois (22 and 8 come to mind) one of them will go LB. It would also be nice if there was a LB friendly place on Soi 33 - where the girls are dressed up as hosteses and speak good english.

Until then we will all have to suffer with Cascade, Obsession, Casanova, KC3, feelancers, cabaret girls, face-pic, bangkok chat, Pattaya and Phuket. Lifes rough.
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I can't imagine that the Honey Bar would be all that difficult to replace ... I mean the overhead was near zero ... it was just a beer bar in a parking lot.  There are probably less than ..... oh .... say ....3 million of these still in existence in Thailand (Pattaya has to have the most).  

Here is how to replace it.  Jon or Stogie can simply announce that the proprietress, demimondaines and clients of the Honey Bar have moved 'en masse' to the "
                    Originally posted by
                    fill in the blank _
                    " Bar, and the scene is Sah-mmmokin' !!

Hell, they can just start a rumor and lie through their unflossed teeth ... and if the ATS clients show up, so will the girls ...

In fact, I could start that rumor and see what happens ...

(... let's see, maybe I could just start with 'Suite 403' at the Majestic Suites ...      ... I'll have to reserve the room first)

Comment

Working...
                    X