Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In answer to the question "Should Tiffanys allow GOGO girls to take place in the competition?" I would say it's up to the organizers, it's their money and their reputation at stake here. For better or worst they should set the rules.
    But I just wonder whether anybody in the forum can verify if each and every last girl pictured has never indulged in P4P? Or are GOGO girls the only ladyboys that do this?
    http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com

Comment

I can't remember now if it was the 2004 or the 2005 contest but two of the participants were from either Cascades or Obsessions and one of them made it to the final.

Her friends were in the gallery about 20 metres from Herself and I cheering her on. They made so much noise that they had a camera on them for a few seconds at least.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

I have to chime in with Ziggy, surprisingly against Stogie in this instance.

It seems inconsistant for myself if I were to say "prostitution is OK, I have no problem with it" and also say "being a prostitute makes you a sub-class of human".

I am 100% morally OK with prostitution. Every single one of us that earns a living gets paid to let someone else use or control your body or mind for 8 hours a day. Or put another way, you trade the benefit of value you can produce with your body, for someone elses money.

I have no moral compunctions with anyone doing this with their body, whether it comes to selling one of your own kidneys or prostitution. Rights are rights, and there is no more fundamental right than the right to your own body and the ownership of the benefits you produce. (i.e. you are not a slave to anyone and you get to keep the money you create)

Lawyers, surgeons, government officials, and test cheating students all have morally spurious citizens among their ranks. Does that mean they don't qualify for some other type of contest? Does that make all lawyers second class citizens? (maybe I picked a bad example)

Human beings are morally spurious, I don't think a specific profession qualifies you for that. I have no intention of treating a lawyer or a car salesman or a hooker as scum just because of what they do. This goes back to the other thread about blanket respect - individual people earn my respect on an individual basis.

I get flamed by people IRL when I defend women who have the right to be strippers and prostitutes. Ironically those same people oppose bible-bangers and moral zealots. At least I'm consistent. Humans as individuals have rights - the right to use their mind and body in whatever wealth creating method they choose.

"Society" may look down upon people by class or profession, but society is simply an aggregate measure of what individual people think. I, for one, do not look down upon someone as a religionista, because they are black or asian, because they are women, or gay, or lawyers or hookers. I think it would be hypocritical to say hookers are OK, and I enjoy visiting them, and making my living with them as the primary source of my job, but shun them in other ways. This is the equivalent of hiding from one of your friends at a party because you are ashamed of your other friends seeing them.

Comment

there is such a fine line between hookers and supposed civilians in thailand.

Comment

(qwerty @ May 18 2007,03:30) there is such a fine line between hookers and supposed civilians in thailand.
            i totally agree
            www.winklergirl.com
            My Facebook
            PHILIPPINES: +639153569810

Comment

(razrman @ May 16 2007,23:31) ] I just wonder whether anybody in the forum can verify if each and every last girl pictured has never indulged in P4P? Or are GOGO girls the only ladyboys that do this?
              And thats the crux.

If you look at other non LB pageants for example in other countries you will quickly find many end in scandals where the winner has paid bribes, has multiple boyfriends, sold her pussy, screwed the judge, taking or selling drugs and it goes on and on.......and they try to make out their angels....

practically every contest has a built in scandal now as part of the attraction....

IMO
              Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.....      
              hookers, vampires who cares... bring em on

Comment

Grunyen...very well stated.

Comment

everyone wants to turn a blind eye on the "high-class" prostitution that goes on behind closed doors in many major GG Beauty pageants but reality tells us this is happening....people who join these contests are very very suspect to the whims of bigtime politicians or uber rich businessmen who have the $$$ to entice the girls and enough influence to silence the organizers....
                  www.winklergirl.com
                  My Facebook
                  PHILIPPINES: +639153569810

Comment

Speaking as an unabashed whore monger, I certainly won't classify prostitutes as second class citizens. And as a drunk, i consider myself a citizen of the world.
                    John Smith

Comment

(ziggystardust @ May 18 2007,01:22) Grunyen...very well stated.
                      Thank you, thank you very much.

Comment

Grunyen,

nice Speech but I personally think that Diablo expresses here a very important point and he is politically correct and with deep concerns and feeling about Lady boys.

I think that here, regarding this subject, we can talk for hours but what is really important to understand, and I agree with Diablo 100%, is that you CAN NOT allow in a competition that is INTERNATIONALLY seen by everyone PROSTITUTES to participate. This competition decides about the PUBLIC FACE of the LBs in and out of Thailand and if you are an LB who is fighting for her rights or an LB lover who would like to be able to get married with an LB or have fun with them, you definitely do not like to see a DETERIORATION of their "image" both inside THAILAND and outside in the rest of the World.

Congratulation thus to Diablo for Daring to discuss very fine issues regarding very delicate subjects.

I agree that miss Tiffanys and other similar competition should be more alerted about the selection of their candidates and check them well before the pre-selection.

Dark Desire

Comment

I hate to see Thailand bowing down to the western standards all the time instead of having pride in their own uniqueness. It wasn't that long ago that a ladyboy volleyball team went all the way to win a place on the Olympics only for their dreams and incredible victories to be dashed by the Thai's not wanting a media circus and thus demoting them so a "real" male team could represent the country. The country has a lot of good things going for it, it's a shame they sweep that under the rug to keep up with the Jones. Living in Thailand has shown me ladyboys and prostitution among other things are nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Direct from the Miss Tiffany 2002 website. I copied the objectives of the Miss Tiffany Universe Contest:

Tiffany's Show Pattaya Co., Ltd. has started organizing the popular beauty pageant for the women of "the second category" called " MISS TIFFANY'S UNIVERSE" since 1998. The popularity of the Contest has become well recognized among Thais and international publics & medias and drawn tourists from all over the world to see and prove the talents of these beautiful women of the second category. The success of the Miss Tiffany's Universe Contest had also broadcasted by CNN Channel when our Miss Tiffany's Universe of year 1999 and 2000 were sent to join " MISS QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE CONTEST" ( The Miss World Contest for the second-category women pageant contest ) held in Los Angeles, U.S.A. as the contestants and came back with the crowns of the first- prize winner both years. They also won the prizes of the Best National Costume and the Best Evening Gown as well. THE MISS TIFFANY'S UNIVERSE CONTEST is held yearly on every March of the Year.

The Objectives of Organizing "MISS TIFFANY'S UNIVERSE CONTEST"
                            1. To promote Thailand's Tourism
                            2. To promote the Pattaya City's major tourist attractions
                            3. To search for a beautiful and talented representative to be a contestant of MISS QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE CONTEST ( the World Contest) held at L.A., U.S.A.
                            4. To make a donation to HIV infected children and create awareness of the disease
                            5. To create a human right awareness
                            6. To recruit quality artists for stage performances
                            7. To promote a positive transvestite image internationally

1) Now isn't the sex industry a large atrraction of the tourism of Thailand?
                            Don't they make great promoters for attracting tourist!
                            2) Isn't the biggest tourist attraction in Pattaya the gogo bars?
                            3) Are They beutiful or what?
                            4) Who is more aware of the dangers of AIDS than a sex worker?
                            5) Isn't it thier right not to be discriminated against, especially when nowhere
                            in the rules does it say people in the sex industry is denied participation.
                            6) Are they not great performers?
                            7) This one's a toughie But I think 6 out of 7 ain't bad!

I say let them compete.

Song2

Comment

(darkestdesire @ May 22 2007,13:22) , you definitely do not like to see a DETERIORATION of their "image" both inside THAILAND and outside in the rest of the World
                              As far as the rest of the world is concerned..

Who after watching a Miss Tiffany Show on TV will give the subject or contestants a second thought from thereon after the show has ended. How would anyone know in the outside world that hookers were embedded in the act anyway...

Comment

(Tomcat @ May 22 2007,16:41) As far as the rest of the world is concerned..

Who after watching a Miss Tiffany Show on TV will give the subject or contestants a second thought from thereon after the show has ended.
                                Who can even get Bangkok Channel 7 outside of Thailand without a Ku band dish and a satellite control room in the basement
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X