Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Ladyboy Scene Like 15-20 Years Ago?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from mr tim. i was in singapore in the late sixties. bougie street, famous then sadly no more, was the place for ladyboys, they didnt look the same as they do now. they all wore the latest sixties fasions, sort of twiggy lookalikes. 1968 saw my first visit to bangkok believe me it was not the same. i arrived by sea and up the river. i seem to remember that the sheraton hotel was the only high rise building otherwise it was still a rural city. have to say i never even saw a lb.
    even twenty years ago lb's were a rather hidden society, i was in phuket and again it has little resembelance to what you see now. the lboys had a pretty tough time, subjected to violence by both tourists and the authorities. i spend 3 months every year in phuket, if i can. over the last 10 years i have seen lbs become a very trendy item to be seen out with. in 2004 i took jennie, ming and the very beautiful toi (now out of the business studing law and english at khon kaen university) to the boathouse in kata to celebrate my 60th birthday. they wre virtually the only thais of any gender in the place , a, they all looked lovely , not bar clothes. the whole staff were really happy to give them the very best attention, 5 or six years ago they may not have been allowed in.
    long may they all continue to prosper, reading the messages here a lot of guys are still treating lbs as objects as in a zoo, treat them as normal humans and the rewards can surprise you. mrtim

Comment

Excellent sir
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

nice little report mistertim
        just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Mistertim  

I really like this thread... Its really fascinating the history behind the whole Ladyboy scene from the 60€™s to present time. Today more Ladyboy bars are popping up then ever before... what will tomorrow hold?

Comment

Spot on MrTim. I think that most of the BM's here treat our LB's as ladies and we are damn proud to be seen anywhere with these sexy creatures. Some of us even fall in love with them!

Comment

(aperry @ Nov. 11 2007,19:42) we are damn proud to be seen anywhere with these sexy creatures. Some of us even fall in love with them!
              hmmm.....damn proud to be seen with a hooker. I'm sure your meant the non-bar(P4P) girls though.
              ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

Comment

this is to divertwo,
                  there are no hookers in thailand, only people who might expect a gift when you leave them, prostitution is illegal.
                  any lady boy worth her salt in this country would give you a smack if you called them a hooker.
                  as to your implication that one shouldent be seen out with one, this just goes to prove my point that, a lot of punters treat lbs as some sort of subspecies. anyway i met many lbs who are much better human beings than holier than thou people who know nothing of the culture of the area and have a photo of themselves on a moterbike to hide the fact that they are probably hung like a humming bird. just a point if you are so down on hookers as you call them what on earth are you doing even looking at this site. get a life.

Comment

Welcome to the family Mr Tim,I think your find we all like ladyboys,thats why we are on here.Drivertwo is normally one of the good guys & think he would date one of these lovely ladys.Anyhow do you have any piccys from the old days,not just of the ladys,would be nice to see !
                    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

• Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

As a point of interest, someone on the first page of this thread said, "Then Soi Cowboy and slightly later Patpong emerged as areas in the 70's" He must have the names reversed.
                      Patpong was up and running by the late 1960s, but the first bar on what became Soi Cowboy didn't open until 1975 and it was '78-79, before you could call it a "entertainment area."

Again, thanks. I greatly enjoy the pictures and the stories.

Comment

• Made it to Bkk and Phuket back in 77' and 79',only LBs I saw kind of scared me.Nothing like the ones strutting their stuff today.Yum,Yum
                        See ya,Skeeterboy's out of here.

Comment

• I havn't been to Thailand in the seventies but I knew Sinagapore. There was a famous LB scene on Bugies street. Every late night night the ladyboys showed up in a parade, occupying the whole street and then spread out ,fishing for customers and disappeared into several houses (brothels)
                          Those were the days when aids was still unknown and we fucked their marvellous asses without condomes.
                          There were many soft malays, I dont remember any Thai.
                          Bugies street was shut down by end of the 70 ies, it did not correspond with the moral of the new government any longer
                          My first Thai Lb I had in 1985 in Patpong, dont remember the name of the place but it was one of the first bars right hand side when you enter.
                          In these days the Lbs tried to fool men , making them believe they got a BJ from a girl or even an assfuck , cocks were carefully hidden (taped between their legs)
                          and only on request .e.g when you told them you dont mind or even more you are looking for, they were very happy and lost all their shyness.
                          So far a few words to the LB scene in days long ago.

Comment

• Good ol€™ times  

Here is a scan from the early 80€™ s on Soi 7,
                            actually more to the toilet, which still exists.

Pattaya Nightlife
                            You know the "Tequilla Reef Mexican Restaurant"?

Yes, that was the location of the infamous
                            SOUNDS A Go Go before  

Please check the "white girls"  

Mell 40

Comment

• that reminds me if the marine bar slogan girls boys and in betweens

Comment

• it al comes back to me, the pink panther bar on patpong2 corner suraswong rd had ladyboys in the early days, i remember some old frech guy was the owner of the place.photo to come with ladyboys in it

Comment

Working...
                                X