X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuket LB Bars closing?

I have a LB contact in Phuket and the news I get from there is that Cocktales and Dreams bar is closing in 10 months in it's current location and is to move to a new location, for now. The bars immediately adjacent to Cocktales are all closed. They were a mix of LB and GG although I did not spend much time in Patong this trip to check them all out. It seems the Thai Military is taking a hard look and the "industry" and making it difficult for our favorite bars to stay open. Fun zones getting smaller, but luckily they are everywhere.

Many of the ladyboy bars in Phuket already closed back with Soi Crocodile, which i never experienced.

It is not the nicest location where C&D was and I can easily see it being imploded.
    The buildings on that whole block look like they have seen better days.
    Across the street there is a newer huge complex that is always empty, so that whole area was quite dead.

The washroom there was a little dodgy as it was in the back corner and there was almost no one around.
    The attendants were always trying to scam everyone.

Hopefully they will move to a nicer newer location with a little more stuff going on nearby.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Oh geez... the washrooms.... I forgot about them .... 1 washroom for the whole complex I recall. 10 baht for a few squares of towel; so you don't share the single towel tied to the sink... that's been there all day ... or two . 1 bar of well used soap as well . That's thailand .

Comment

Forget Phuket. Fork it. Only one street for bars and way too loud music. Ladyboys are snotty ripoffs. If you don't accept their invitation they push and punch you. Phuket is famous for sea food. Hoards of Chinese crowd the restaurants like locusts and eat up everything. Too crowded to find a seat. When it rains the streets become rivers. No kidding. You could drown if you tried to cross the street. You could lose your slippers. The beaches have dangerous rip currents. I can tell. You can see the water close to the shore a sandy colored water, but just about 50 feet offshore the water suddenly turn a deep blue color. There's a serious underwater cliff out there. I see few tourists on the beach and no lifeguards. Few restaurants and none open. this is the last beach at the southern tip of Phuket. Nice view but sneakily dangerous. Fugeddaboud Fooket. Pattaya has so many streets to explore and way more ladyboys and GG's for everybody. Lots of bars for drinking, dancing, listening to rock music, restaurants, pizza places, pubs, wester and eastern dining, many shopping centers, etc. Go Pattaya Beach. More beautiful and younger ladyboys who are friendlier than Bangkok. Fresh air but don't swim in the beach with the Russians. All the floods drain into the beach so that's why it's aways brown water days. Plus there's the volleyball contest coming up in November. You get to inspect the merchandise in wet bikinis. Nobody watches the game. Afterward you go home, shower, eat, get a foot massage for an hour or a Thai massage for two. Then you enter the bar where your favorite contestant played for, bar fine her, and make your dreams cum true for as many times as you wish.

Comment

Amen George ! I am with ya !

Comment

Looks like C and D is on the move very next couple of days... location .. unknown at present .... but I will update when I know in a day or so
            Last edited by flamingofarmer; 06-18-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Wow talk about moving fast . My friend said she got told in a meeting to come back to the bar in the morning at like 1030 or so to help move ... and the pictures of the block tell the story why .... C & D is history in its current locaton with a new venue TBA ....
              Attached Files

Comment

Things happen fast.
                I guess it is the slow season.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Ya no shit !!! Looks like they travel along the top floors. I have never seen this before .. the old concrete work must have been pretty solid .... all the ladyboys from C &D were just finishing the move out as this was going on .

Comment

Seems like a Thailand thing.
                    Check inn bar seemed to stay open for quite some time while the building was being slowly demolished around them.
                    No one ever seems to move out of places until the last possible moment.
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Ya I thought of check in bar when Aum told me about the mad rush to move and I saw the excavator choping away at their heels. Jimbo's partner is headed back from Sweden at month end I think. It would no surprise me if it's just gone for good, we'll see . Photo are of a few of the girls from C &D at a birthday party night before move, next is Aum wearing mask during next day move out with abandoned complex behind her across from C&D ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sad actually... Apparently told they ere not planning to tear down the complex for 10 months but in the morning before the fateful day Jimbo was told "the day is now" and that's that . He was very unhappy about it and concerned for the staff but nothing could be done with the excavator closing in . Apparently there was also a tattoo shop that was opened within thd last 2 months that paid a large sum for there lease (and key money I would guess ) that got evicted as well . That's how the cookie crumbles in Thailand !

Comment

Working...
                        X