Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't take enough luggage ever to need a cart at Bangkok Airport. It is too busy for those big carts so I just have my 2 carry ons and One rolling suitcase.

I guarantee that every major airport in the USA is worse for theft and stolen baggage than Bangkok.

My bag was stolen from the carousel in Detroit and the guy used it to look like a tourist so he could get on the rental car shuttle bus.
    Then he stole a rental car that had the keys in it and put my bag in the backseat.
    After they cornered him in the rental car he jumped out and locked himself inside a tour bus, trying to drive away in it.
    Something like this would never happen in Thailand.

The only place in the world that has ever checked my baggage against my tags is in Atlanta, Georgia. That says something.
    You are also allowed to carry a concealed loaded fire arm into the Atlanta airport as long as you are not checking in.

Airports in the USA have all those ghost taxis that solicit you in the baggage areas then rip you off, steal your bags or kidnap you sometimes.
    In Bangkok as long as you go to the official taxi stand or hire a car from a reputable place you won't have an issue.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yes, we tourists are walking roast turkeys ripe for the pickings all over the world. Some have been raped and killed like the lady visiting turkey. The guide killed her and stuffed her into a hole in a stone fence. When I land I keep some outdated credit cards in my wallet along with a few dollars and Bahts. The traveler's checks and credit cards are kept in an ankle strap or inside my shoes. there's an interesting book I read years ago called Papillon which became a famous movie with Steven McQueen and Dustin Hoffman. Life story of a prisoner who was sentenced to life in a Guiana prison. He kept his money stuffed up his rear chute. Just close your eyes and think of it as a dildo. Did you see that movie about a young backpacker who loved to travel to unusual places where few Americans go like war zone areas. Seems he was robbed and stripped of his clothes. I would have said FU and left on the first plane like in the Philippines. But he nonchalantly walks over to a lady and begs for some coins to call his hotel on a pay phone to pick him up. The next day he acted like nothing happened. Make me laugh. Getting robbed is part of traveling. So is fighting and run over by crazy drivers and motorcycle taxi drivers. Just shrug it off and stay on course. By the way Suvarnabhumi improved they now return your bags with half of your contents minus a functional zipper. Someone stole a whole train of luggage transporter from the airport. They found them at a nearby junkyard chopped into pieces. Arrested the junk dealer but had to let him go. Nobody entered my cellophane-wrapped luggage but did take their frustrations out on me by hammering on of my cable locks shut flat. Conveyor belt did not do that. Did you know the Thai airport manager, taxi owner, customs leader, and security managers are all related? I read in Phuket a young mother just got off a tour boat and was trying to fight the mad rush to secure a taxi. One pulled up and started stuffing her two kids into the taxi, but she realized her kids were being kidnapped when the driver just got in the car and started it without putting her luggage into the trunk or waiting for her to get in. She had to fight to get her kids back. Yep, slavery is alive and doesn't discriminate again race. Learn to fight with your claws. Go for their throat and eyes.

Comment

Not sure why you think theft and fighting are part of travelling?
        I've travelled all over and never been robbed or been in a fight.
        This includes 25 trips to Thailand.

The beauty of Thailand is that it is actually one of the safest places to visit anywhere.
        Sure people don't value life as much due to being an underdeveloped society.
        However generally people are honest and helpful, more than most countries.
        Sure you can fall into some unsavoury situation if you aren't careful, but this can happen anywhere.

The only place that I have nearly been robbed several times in the good old USA.
        The USA is one of the most dangerous for travel, they also have the most people in prison.
        Everyone has a gun and the racial tension is ridiculous.
        There more kinds of every crime in the USA including substantial human trafficking.

I'm a big guy but when there is trouble, I run, staying to fight is not the thing to do.
        Also I don't put myself in bad situations and I have no problem running away like a scared rabbit.

Check the crime comparisons USA vs Thailand.
        http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CRAG View Post
          Not sure why you think theft and fighting are part of travelling?
          I've travelled all over and never been robbed or been in a fight.
          This includes 25 trips to Thailand.

The beauty of Thailand is that it is actually one of the safest places to visit anywhere.
          Sure people don't value life as much due to being an underdeveloped society.
          However generally people are honest and helpful, more than most countries.
          Sure you can fall into some unsavoury situation if you aren't careful, but this can happen anywhere.

The only place that I have nearly been robbed several times in the good old USA.
          The USA is one of the most dangerous for travel, they also have the most people in prison.
          Everyone has a gun and the racial tension is ridiculous.
          There more kinds of every crime in the USA including substantial human trafficking.

I'm a big guy but when there is trouble, I run, staying to fight is not the thing to do.
          Also I don't put myself in bad situations and I have no problem running away like a scared rabbit.

Check the crime comparisons USA vs Thailand.
          http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime
          Wow, the most dangerous country on earth! You always go over the top when you talk of America and it's people. Issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Thaime View Post

Wow, the most dangerous country on earth! You always go over the top when you talk of America and it's people. Issues?
            It's the only country where i have had my luggage stolen, people trying to mug me, people trying to fight me or harass me for no reason.
            The most people have guns there is the most violent crime and the most people in prison, the crime statistics show it.
            As far as pure crime goes it is the worst, for a free country where many tourists go.

Not sure where I have made a pattern of saying America is bad, it just has a lot of crime.
            If I have referred to western ignorance or Americans, that includes Canada and myself.

Just trying to point out Thailand is much better, even than Canada for crime.
            As I said before I would think most major airports in the USA have more scams and crime going on than any in Thailand.
            Sure you can fall into the wrong situation anywhere but generally that is not a problem,
            fighting is not the solution unless there is no other way out.
            Tourist scams are plenty in Thailand though, because there are many tourists.

Yet with all my problems in America I've never had to fight anyone or been personally robbed, but I have had my bag stolen.
            In about a similar number of visits to Thailand and USA I have encountered significantly more problems in the latter as a tourist.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Hey, brah. I don't start fights. I was defending myself two years ago. She ran, jumped up into the air, and scratched my face. She won round one. The second and third rounds she lost when I smashed her left cheek with two Hawaiian punches. Funny how they run into your punches like Ronda Rousey did when she lost. Wouldn't be surprised if she got retinal detachment as well as a very swollen face. She should be grateful I let her go at the Pattaya Police headquarters because I was getting sleepy. It wasn't until a couple of months I realized I never asked why she attacked me. she was trying to rob me. I had been watching those fights under Google's Thailand street fights and learned from. Funny how the next morning with a big white banged taped to my face the hotel front desk girls and security men were very angry. They wanted to find and beat up this puta. Made me laugh. After that I sprained two nasty girls' necks. Don't know why the females have such short tempers or think they have a right to rob you of all your money.

I want all you readers to know that you don't have to be a victim. You can be proactive and hit back. Don't let people violate your peace. We don't start these fights or robberies. We need to defend ourselves. Google Thailand Scams and memorize every danger in Thailand if you're going to visit. Forget this Thai custom of saving face or Mai Pen Rai saying. They need to learn to respect my face.

I believe you that America is the most violent country in the world. We have the best and biggest and deadliest weapons. We are in a national crisis of black criminality and Hispanic-driven drug epidemic. Americans are the most prejudiced people in the world. I don't believe Thailand is less safe or safer. Pattayone.net is full storied of gold necklace snatching, crazies who rape children on trains, choke them to death, and throw them off the train toilet room window. Boyfriends beating their wives' faces into a bloody pulp and denying they did it. Young backpackers drinking spiked buckets of liquor and ice poisoned with a tree bark than renders them comatose so bandits can rob, beat, and rape beautiful Australian college girls, Mean man of Krabi who raped a female tourist and got away because they were a big family with connections to corrupt cops and politicians. There were several tourists disappearing from the Don Meung Airport. It was only after several national ambassadors appealed over the lazy cops did they finally arrest an Egyptian taxi driver. He confessed he made them beg for their lives and then strangled them leaving their bodies in canals. You might Google a famous serial killer named Sobraj who would drug and strangle Caucasian tourist after he got their confidence as their friend. He burned their bodies over a bon fire and watched. This took place in Pattaya Beach. Sobraj was a half-breed Indian. Don't fool yourself Indians are all nice folks. No Thailand is not safer than any other country in the world. It is dangerous so quit kidding yourself by drooling over the beauty of ladyboys. They are prostitutes and practice the business of deception for a price. it's okay to enjoy their companionship, but do NOT fall in love with them. You can share their phone numbers and Facebook names, but there are no photos of me in them.

So don't be fooled by those glossy poster of Thailand the Land of Smiles. I once read joke they are smiling because they are laughing at you. Yes, America and Thailand are dangerous places. The whole world is forked up. It's easy to think nice things about Thailand because you like that it's so cheap, the ladyboys are gorgeous, and people on the street are so friendly. Be normal like you do at home, smile back at them, and always have that Hawaiian Punch ready at a moment's notice. Don't be a weak tourist and help out other tourists who get victimized, "HEY! Whaddaya think you're doing, Brah!"

Comment

Like I said if I am trapped or in danger of further harm I would fight back.
                In every other situation, I would get the fuck out of there, not stay and fight.

Still all I am saying is in 25 trips to Thailand I have been to every part of Bangkok and most other parts of Thailand.
                Never have I had an issue with robbery, theft, violence or anything remotely resembling it.
                I've seen some things that I might not see at home but never has anything been directed towards me.

You can read PattayaOne and see lots of stuff happening but much of it is just petty and usually involves drugs.
                There seems to be a lot of petty crime due to people using drugs and being in the wrong place.
                Plus I don't think anywhere reports on petty crime the way Pattaya One does.

The worst things that have happened to me in Thailand?
                Once a taxi left me at a jewelry factory, another time a limo driver tried to rip me off on the price.
                Oh ya, the boat we hired to Koh Lan left without taking us back.
                Most times in Thailand people and services go over and above what you get in North America.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

My experience in other Asian countries I have travelled has been the same. I have always found their customer service refreshing. I rarely (other than cab drivers and sad to say my own "friends") encountered anyone who tried to screw me.

Comment

Working...
                  X