First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cheapest taxi to or from Bangkok

Best cheapest taxi to or from Bangkok
    01-21-2018, 04:51 PM

I have used these two girls for my taxi service for the past 6 years, and they are reliable. They are found everyday at a desk in front of the 7-11 store across the Soi 8 street from the Sunshine Hotel. I complained I had to pay B1800 to an airport taxi from the Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya. They said I should have called or emailed them and paid only B1000 plus B200 tip. So here is their email: [email protected] or go visit them. Their phone numbers are 093-137-2119 (Ben) and 086-366-7204 (Angie). There is a van service that is super cheap at less than B100 but dangerous. It is located right next door to the Far Pattaya restaurant. You take the baht bus to Walking Street and get off as soon as it turns left at the entrance. Look for Fra Pattaya Restaurant which is has no front wall or door. Very popular restaurant and I love their duck noodle soup (egg noodles) for less than B100 or B100 for the large bowl. This van delivers you to the monument area in Bangkok so you can walk up the stairs and take the Skytrain to your destination. Like I said. Dangerous but popular because of the cheap price. Trouble with the monument area the taxi drivers know you want to go to the hotels and will charge you 3-4 times the regular price. They are organized criminals along with the cops who laugh and look the other way. Next time I arrive in BKK I will email them to send me a driver at the airport and wear a funny hat or shirt so they can recognize me. Hope this info helps all of you who want to save money and stop getting ripped off. Taxi drivers all over Thailand are ripoffs. If they think a group of tourists are using Uber taxi they will block the van only to later discover it was the tour guide just picking up his clients. Really selfish schmucks. All hotels will steer you to their friends so they will get a tip. Call Ben and Angie. They are independent contractors and that's why they work everyday and 10 to 12 hours a day. I told them I would let my friends here know about them. Very reliable and never disappeared or disappointed me.

Oh yeah, the B1000 fare is for a small basic 4-door Toyota sedan. Funny they sent me a bigger car with a square hatchback trunk for no extra. I just tilted the seat back and slept all the way to the airport. It's nice to depart in the early morning hours when there's no traffic at all. He must have drive very fast because he elbowed me and there was the airport. The drivers are smart and take cell phone photos of the trunk and all the seats and floor for accurate records that there was no forgotten cargo. Smart.

Last edited by George Pill; 01-21-2018, 05:26 PM.

It's okay to ride the cheap buses from Ekamai station (on Sukhumvit) in Bangkok to Pattaya, BUT do NOT ride this bus back to Bangkok. the taxi drivers in Bangkok are stinkers and will NOT pick you up from Ekamai. The taxis there will rip you off and charge you 3X the fare just to punish you for riding the bus. Mutherfuckers they are. Even the station cop just laughs at your. Thailand is one corrupt country and it is sport to rip off foreigners. So visit the 7-11 store on Soi 8 in Pattaya right across the Sunshine Hotel and make a taxi reservation with the two girls. Very reliable, friendly, and they speak excellent English.

Comment

a word about the taxi referrals I gave you above. It would be helpful to know that if it is Sunday in the USA, it is Monday in Thailand. I still make my hotel reservations for Monday even though I land around midnight Monday. I need the Monday reservation otherwise I have to wait until Tuesday 10 AM or noon check in time. Also when you email Angie or Ben give them your airlines name and flight number and when you are taking off and when you are landing. They can figure out exactly what day you arrive. It will help immensely if you wear a loud colored shirt, hat, colored scarf, or something that the driver can spot a mile away. Describe it for them. I like to spray paint my black Samsonites with circles and Zigzags with fluorescent yellow or orange paint on every side. I laugh at other tourists who cannot find their luggage coming off the conveyor belt. I like to make them ugly so that luggage thieves will choose to walk away with other people's luggage. Believe me there are luggage thieves all over Suvarnbhumi (Sue wanna poomi) Airport. I hear the head of the airport has him relatives control the taxis, luggage haulers, security, etc. Thailand is a robbers/slavers paradise. So bring clothes you won't miss if your whole bag is lost. You can always buy clothes at the sales in November and December right in the Hilton Shopping Complex. Slippers, shirts, croc belts and purses, pants, etc. Ridiculously cheap. I buy the thinner tank tops for only B200 or the thicker Tshirts for only B250. Exchange rate is good near Christmas and rise just above B30/dollar. Funny their bank rates board shows the exchange rate for North Korean money. Last I remember the Pound and Russian money plummeted. Nobody would accept Rubles which were dropping to half their values. Last 2 years I hardly saw any Russians who bring their wives and children.

Comment

Working...
      X