X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBWVB ended

I emailed Tony about the 2019 event and he replied that it is no more. He said it's on the forum but I could not find it so I am reposting his reply here. ....

"LBWVB 2019

Unfortunately there will not be an event this year

Difficult decision as so many charities have benefited through all your generosity.

It has been a great deal of fun for both participants and attendees and an amazing success story.

5.86 million Baht raised over 7 years with 4.71 million going to various charities.

Costs to stage the event were 1.01 million
    0.14 million (138,000) remaining to donate to a deserving charity at some date in the future.
    Many thanks for your support and contributions which have helped so many people.
    A special thanks to all the bars that have participated and helped raise funds over the years.

Also to Referees, DJ, Photographers. Contributors of Raffle/Auction items and Trophies.
    Brilliant support from so many.

The event has put Lady Boys in a different light showing their positive contribution to society in a spectacular way."

That is bad news - I have read rumors on another forum - I think when he says he posted, he means on the most popular LB forum - Pattaya Ladyboys Forum.

The rumor goes that he had difficulty in recruiting enough lb bars to participate for this year.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Ya it is too bad ... was a fun filled event from the parties down to the gala dinner. Brought a few dollars to the table for the charities... Surprised about lack of enthusiasm from bars as the parties usually drive business but perhaps they have other reasons (?) I dont know.

I would take it on if I was located there...but that's how I feel now . Might think differently if I was doing it ha ha ...but seriously , it may mark the end of an era . Maybe 2020 will see a revival. I recall that 2019 wasn't going to happen but Tony pulled it off. C'est la vie...we shall see .

A thank you to Tony for doing this in the past.

Comment

Bummer! Thanks for the memories. I still have the photos and videos of the 2016 contest. Wonder if it would be more successful if held in Bangkok. There must be some luxurious pool facilities there, but will the hotels accommodate them? I would pay twice as much for the tickets and even more for a very fancy buffet in an air conditioned room. Shame to see this event end like Stringfellows, the no BF bars of Walking Street (Jenny's), and Pattaya Obsessions. I've said it before. Many bars are closing up. Not enough profit to be had. The number of tourists and ladyboys and bars are decreasing. A recession has started? Is the ladyboy era closing up?
        Last edited by George Pill; 03-18-2019, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I think most of the fun is in pattaya . Bkk is pricey and theres more LB bars in Pat's so if makes sense there..of course this is just my 2 cents. The Areca lodge is a great set up as well for the venue so that's tough to find. Idk man? I always have more fun in Pat's than bkk

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
            That is bad news - I have read rumors on another forum - I think when he says he posted, he means on the most popular LB forum - Pattaya Ladyboys Forum.

The rumor goes that he had difficulty in recruiting enough lb bars to participate for this year.

Yes I heard the same thing.
            I was talking with him for a few minutes in late January at 69 Bar and he seemed a bit wary at that time: "I have spent over 12 percent of my life dedicated to this cause," he said. I commented on the interesting time span he uses to measure his life and again (selfishly) pushed him to change the volleyball dates 55555. Not to be I guess.
            Too bad. A great guy and a great event.

Comment

Be good if some there takes it on but I think it's not gonna happen.

Comment

Apologies for not posting here before.

Sad that the event will not move forward but a remarkable result from a niche market of like minded generous people.

Many thanks for your support and contribution - no other group has come close to what we jointly achieved.
                I hope that you all retain pleasant memories of an incredible event over 7 years.

It was a blast.

20 teams participated overall. Some of whom no longer exist. Anaconda, Cocktails & Dreams, Horny Bar, Stringfellows, So What.

I met hundreds of BMs form this forum, and others, and value the friendships made along the way.

The Areca Lodge, who hosted the event every year, are disappointed as are many charities that we have directly helped.

Comment

Originally posted by rossco View Post
                  Apologies for not posting here before.

Sad that the event will not move forward but a remarkable result from a niche market of like minded generous people.

Many thanks for your support and contribution - no other group has come close to what we jointly achieved.
                  I hope that you all retain pleasant memories of an incredible event over 7 years.

It was a blast.

20 teams participated overall. Some of whom no longer exist. Anaconda, Cocktails & Dreams, Horny Bar, Stringfellows, So What.

I met hundreds of BMs form this forum, and others, and value the friendships made along the way.

The Areca Lodge, who hosted the event every year, are disappointed as are many charities that we have directly helped.
                  Hey Rosco...what would you say was the hardest part about doing the event ? What was most challanging ? Could this be done from a remote location via email etc as the major contacts are in place ( wrist bands and venue etc)

Comment

I would say the 3 most difficult tasks are:

1) Getting 5 teams to commit 9 months ahead not only to participating but actively selling 50+% of Sponsors and Tickets between them.
                    2) Selling total 80 Sponsors and 120 Tickets - shared between 5 teams (50%) and LBWVB (50%) - Total 500,000 Baht
                    3) Finding 6 to 8 Company sponsors at 25,000 Baht each - ironically we had 6 pledged for 2019 (150,000 Baht)

Venue, Equipment, Logistics, Artwork/Printing are all well tested and managed.

Other activity:
                    Raffle prizes x 50 and 5 'value' Auction items. Target 60,000 Baht
                    Donations of about 40,000 Baht

Managing the whole administration process and tracking sales and prospects is time consuming.
                    Regularly visiting bars to sell and motivate bars into selling.

Summary: 750,000 Income (above) Less 150,000 Expense = 600,000 to Charity
                    Email [email protected]

Comment

Rossco, thanks for all the hard work you and your volunteers put into all the successful past LBWVB events. A lot of people and charities have been helped, and also the status of lbs has been improved.

Clearly it is a huge effort, and hopefully someone will pick up the reins in the future.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by rossco View Post
                        I would say the 3 most difficult tasks are:

1) Getting 5 teams to commit 9 months ahead not only to participating but actively selling 50+% of Sponsors and Tickets between them.
                        2) Selling total 80 Sponsors and 120 Tickets - shared between 5 teams (50%) and LBWVB (50%) - Total 500,000 Baht
                        3) Finding 6 to 8 Company sponsors at 25,000 Baht each - ironically we had 6 pledged for 2019 (150,000 Baht)

Venue, Equipment, Logistics, Artwork/Printing are all well tested and managed.

Other activity:
                        Raffle prizes x 50 and 5 'value' Auction items. Target 60,000 Baht
                        Donations of about 40,000 Baht

Managing the whole administration process and tracking sales and prospects is time consuming.
                        Regularly visiting bars to sell and motivate bars into selling.

Summary: 750,000 Income (above) Less 150,000 Expense = 600,000 to Charity
                        Email [email protected]
                        Allot allot of work I can see.
                        ...definatly need feet on the ground there ..if things were different and I could be there I would take it on for the challenge!
                        Thanks for all your hard work over the years !

Comment

Two BM on another board have announced:

Mark your calendars. The tradition continues.
                          LB Party and Charity Week 8 to 17 November
                          The inaugural Ladyboy Party and Charity Week, from 8 to 17 November. This will not be another LBWVB event. Streetwalker started an admirable and successful tradition. This will be something new.

Rather than bars being required to sell tickets and sponsorships to raise money, the participating bars have agreed to contribute a set sponsorship fee: 5,000 Baht for the two Bangkok bars, and 10,000 Baht for the Pattaya bars. Katoeys €˜Are€™ Us will contribute an additional 15,000 Baht for the Battle of the Bars event, making their total charitable contribution 25,000 Baht....

Party dates:
                          Why Not Bar €“ Bangkok Friday, November 8th
                          Check Inn Bar €“ Bangkok Saturday, November 9th
                          TJs Music Bar Tuesday, November 12th
                          69 Bar Wednesday, November 13th
                          Katoeys €˜Are€™ Us Thursday, November 14th
                          Surprise Yourself Friday, November 15th
                          Battle of the Bars at Katoeys €˜Are€™ Us Saturday, November 16th
                          (Participants to be Announced)
                          Grand Gala Finale @ The Roof Sunday, November 17th

Comment

Oh this is good news !

Comment

Is the idea too to sell tickets to the Grand Gala Finale

Comment

Working...
                              X