X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court ruling on Gays

Who would have thought Trump's choice of conservative Neil Gorsuch would turncoat. Once I remember Chief Justice Earl Warren did the same and was an excellent Liberal judge. Hooray for all you guys and gals.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/polit...hts/index.html

If you remember well, it was the honorable Gorsuch who replied he was hurt that Trump would denigrate lawyers/judges. I think this was his payback for an immature President. Neil Gorsuch is indeed an honorable judge of the laws. Yes, he was a conservative but he was more a sincere careful listener of opposing evidences. He weighed evidence fairly without the taint of politics to pass fair judgement. Thank you for being a KOSHER judge. You did deserve to be a Supreme Court Justice. The US Constitution still stands proudly. I am proud to be an American.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...iciary-speech/

This was to determine if trans, gay etc. were included under sexual equality.
    Many feel the original meaning only applied to Male or Female categories but now this has been extended to other groups.
    In the letter of the law you could say they extended legislation, and that is not the job of the Supreme court.
    Congress is the one who should be amending law to achieve this. So in some ways this is improper and could lead to the Supreme court making law again. The Supreme court should only interpret existing laws, not create new ones.

Not may people get fired for being gay anymore. People may be gay but are not bringing that to work.
    Trans on the other hand could be disturbing for some employers. What happens if you best male salesman suddenly decides to be a woman?
    It may not be good for your sales. Plus today trans can mean anything, like men with beards, makeups and man buns walking around in moo moos or weird stuff like that.
    So this could be disturbing for some businesses.

In Thailand ladyboys and trans are far more respected and integrated that in the west.
    I have been told that nearly all businesses will hire ladyboys except there may be a few restrictions.
    They feel if the ladyboy is not particularily presentable then they may have to work in the back until they mature.
    So there is sort of respect both ways. 7-11 will hire absolutely anyone in Thailand it seems, but conditions are not that good.
    Some of the scariest looking ladyboys I have seen were working in 7-11.

I don't think it is fair to just transition on your employer like this. In some jobs it would be ok, but if they are in a customer facing position it could be troublesome.
    The type of sex people have or their gender should not affect your work. Changing your gender does affect your job.
    What if you worked somewhere for 20 years as a man and suddenly you start going in the ladies washroom.
    It would be weird for everyone.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X