X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Train Station in BKK

Prayut visits new train station, tests Red Line (bangkokpost.com)

Wonder if they'll stop in Pattaya? Have wheeled carts and baggage boys for my heavy luggage? Ripoff taxis in BKK, Pattaya, and Utapao? Like Phuket?

This new rail line is only 87 km so it won't go to pattaya.

It says the station is a depot for the planned high-speed training linking three airports — Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and U-Tapao.
    So you could get a high speed train from BKK to Utapao then find a taxi or bus. Might just be easier to take a bus to Pattaya from BKK.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

November 2013. My experience with Utapao Airport was a miserable one after escaping the crooks at the shithole called Phuket. There's NO taxis there at Utapao Airport. You have to arrange one before you even land. Had a taxi stand but no one's there. Stupid airport operation. So next time better to return to Suvarnabhumi and take a taxi to Pattaya. Thailand's taxis are ripoffs just like cops, Army, government, etc. You really have to watch out for them 24/7 like I did during my four wonderful and terrible years in Manila during the late 70's. Asia is a wild wild west place. Fun to visit but would never want to live there.

Too bad there will be no stop in Pattaya. I would have liked to take a backpack and jump over to areas beyond Utapao. Maybe visit Rayong or Ko Samet for a day or two. How long before the high speed rail to Korat finishes? Might like to visit Isaan where the ladyboys are born. Or even Ayutthaya for a day without a long bus ride. Pronounced Ayutheeya?

Comment

You should have picked up a bus at U Tapao. Otherwise, just land in BKK and take bus from Suvarnabhumi. The price is only 110 or 120 THB. If your flight arrives at Dong Mueang, you can go by bus (shuttle to Mo Chit then bus to Pattaya) or go to Ekkamai and pick up a van.

Comment

I've got too much heavy luggage. Heavy camera equipment.

Comment

Omg.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahhhahaaahaha!!! Baggage boys were cheaper in those days.

Comment

Working...
              X