X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean transsexual band - part 2

Yes kids, I broke a news story in English before, it seems, anyone else on the web!

Below is the #2 person, with more info.

Let's please keep this thread on topic, okay? Not that I don't appreciate the photos posted to the first thread, but it begins to muddy the topic.

Remember, I share because I love you all. And I especially love anyone who shares post-ops or their pics.

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE....015.asp

Transgender music group set to debut

When transgender star Harisu released her first album, "Temptation," in 2001, it was quite tempting to brush it aside as a fleeting novelty. But not anymore. She sealed a slew of lucrative deals for TV commercials, even appearing as a model for women's underwear.

The new power of transgender sex appeal in the formerly conservative entertainment industry led three men to follow a similar path of transformation as Harisu. But now it is hard to pinpoint their male origins.

The country's first transgender music group "Lady" is set to release their first album, and its members - Shinae, Sahara and Binu - look feminine and sexy.

The trio is already attracting strong media coverage, even though they haven't officially launched their singing and dancing career, the entertainment is abuzz with their commercial potential.

The attention Lady can be attributed to the pioneering role of Harisu, as her boldness in carving out a place for transsexuals was successful.

Shinae, 29, Sahara, 25 and Binu, 22, however, do not want to be linked to Harisu too much. They competed with other contenders in the audition to be chosen as the members of the dance music group, as part of the intricate marketing and planning by the agency involved.

Shinae is not a new face in the entertainment circles. She appeared on a TV commercial with a leading female dance group, and played a part for a music video made by Cho PD.

The only notable change is that she is now publicly confirming her gender, expressing her wish to "be true to myself."

Sahara, the second-youngest in the group, won a beauty pageant award held in Thailand in 2003, and was recruited as a model for a famous jean brand for her outstanding beauty.

Binu, meanwhile, has so far concealed that she is transgender for fear of discrimination in a society that has conservative values.

Binu's decision to shed her fears and jump into the entertainment world came as she met with other group members and was encouraged, she said.

A changed perception of transsexuals also helped. With the debut of Harisu, a number of media reports explored the problems like discrimination and prejudice against transsexuals in Korea, helping the public get a fairer perspective about the minority group.

Although some Internet users still splash hostile comments, it is a drastically different - and friendlier - world for transsexuals who used to hide their gender orientation most of their life.

Shinae, Sahara and Binu got sex-change operations in Thailand in 2003, 2001 and 2004, respectively. Their family members also accepted their new gender. A group of fans already set up a Web site specializing in photos, news articles and comments about Lady, and media reports are largely favorable.

But some observers caution that their long-term popularity will depend on whether they deliver quality music. In recent months, a growing number of female singers have chosen to accentuate their sex appeal in a bid to jazz up their image and boost album sales.

Baek Han-jin, for instance, describes herself as Korea's first erotic singer, three-member dance group Muse sparked greater publicity by disclosing their nude photos and some female singers appear in music videos with their sexually suggestive moves testing the limit of public acceptance.

Local entertainment news service provider "This Week" said, "Some female singers have drawn pubic attention by stressing their sex appeal, but it is anybody's guess whether they have real talent to become singers."

But for now, Lady's members do not have enough time to mind such cautionary comments. They wake up at six in the morning and start their tight schedule packed with dance practice, yoga, health training and media interviews in preparation for their formal debut as female singers.

([email protected])

By Yang Sung-jin

Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

So is anyone interested in this band? If so...I've got more pics, more links, and even music for ya.

But you have to show your love of post-ops first. Starting with....JD! Hahaha, yeah, I bet he's not into this Korean band.

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Hey POL, yes, please post more info on this band. Would be curious to see if they hit the big time like Harisu! All of them are nice looking and a couple are almost as hot as Harisu!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

i like to read and see more of this band. fantastic idea to make a girl group just with post-ops (the best girls you could find in the world!).
        Julia
        sex change - a thing that makes life better!

Comment

Originally posted by (post-op lover @ Mar. 24 2005,17:07)
          So is anyone interested in this band?  If so...I've got more pics, more links, and even music for ya.  
          Yeah Po-op;

oh yeah, everybodys interested, you'll find them on any other website.

your friend, randyman
          ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (Randyman @ Mar. 26 2005,11:32)
            7-->
            Originally posted by (post-op lover @ Mar. 24 2005,17[img
            http://www.theladyboyforums.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]7)]So is anyone interested in this band?  If so...I've got more pics, more links, and even music for ya.  
            Yeah Po-op;

your friend,  randyman
            You see how many responses POL elicited with that comment huh Randyman???

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
            ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Originally posted by (smuttleydfs @ Mar. 25 2005,19:41)
              Originally posted by (Randyman @ Mar. 26 2005,11:32)
              Originally posted by (post-op lover @ Mar. 24 2005,17[img
              http://www.theladyboyforums.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img])]So is anyone interested in this band?  If so...I've got more pics, more links, and even music for ya.  <!--emo&
              Yeah Po-op;

your friend,  randyman
              You see how many responses POL elicited with that comment huh Randyman???

Jealousy... does nothing for your appearance.

Hehehe, we all want what we haven't got, eh? That's a handy quote here.

Okay, some pics of the Lady ladies before long. Clearly they're not yet so popular on this board as Chinese post-op LBs. I still can't believe they've now got 4 members.

Comment

Hahaha, and all 4 members are lacking their members. Yahoo!

Comment

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                  ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Dude, I would love to do some small room karaoke with this Korean post-op TS band. Yummy.

Actually, has anyone taking Thai LBs to karaoke? Does anybody do karaoke in Thailand? That must be a hoot.

Comment

I've done LB Kareoke many times, too many times.
                      A few places I've been (out of 1000 kareoke joints)
                      1) Silom Soi 4 - end of the alley place called the Sphinx. Very high scale Kareoke bar. Silom 4 is a mix gay/farang bar area, so no problem showing up with LB
                      2) Hui Kwan - many "hole in the wall" Kareoke bars. Great place to go after 1am shutdown.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Here's an English article on the band:
                        http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...503270008.html

Comment

Lady now has their own web page and this is the link:

Lady

It's all in Korean, so maybe our resident experts POL and Whiteknight can help us out. Anyway, they are a lovely looking bunch and it will be interesting to see how well they do!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                          Membership Levels
                          The Rookie Thread
                          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Dont tell POL but Lady made me think that maybe there is life after the chop.

Comment

Hahaha, of course there is life after the chop. The biggest mainstream TS stars only got known after the chop - Tula Cossey, Harisu, Dana International, Renee somethingorother (tennis player R. Richards?), and some others.

Who ever heard of a famous pre-op LB? Okay, I'll grant you there's Michael Jackson and Camila Parker Bowwow. But personally I think MJ is post-op. And really messed up, too.

Dammit, I was going to post links but they're all on my other computer. Rxpharm is right - that's their website. I guess I was holding out. Forgive me, mi amigos.

Comment

Working...
                              X