X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganja laws in SE Asia

Ok, I'm not so lazy to just ask here without looking first myself, but when I googled this topic I could not find a site that listed the actual laws for Thailand, Cambodia, Lao, etc in regards to possession and use of ganja. Everyone I've ever spoken with on the topic, except one co-worker of mine who has been to Thailand about 12 times, says it is illegal there. Has anyone known of any farang who ever got busted for using the stuff in LOS?

Just out of curiosity I wonder from a legal standpoint what is on the books in these countries. Reading Amit Gilboa's book about Cambodia, he claims there are pizza parlors there where one can buy ganja pizza, with a fairly substantial sprinkling of ganja between the layers of sauce and cheese. So, since regular businesses sell it, does that mean it is officially legal there for consumption? Or was this perhaps outdated info and while one could buy such a pizza in the mid 90s, maybe we cannot today?
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

In Phnom Penh any moto taxi driver sells Ganja for the asking. They are on the main drag on every corner next to the river road up to the Palace. You can also buy Ganja to smoke right out front of many of the clubs. I smoked out with the owner of "Club Happy Man" and three very hot GG's right in front of the club on the couches out front. The owner is a former moto taxi driver who has made enough money to buy a club (Ganja business is good for him). BF one of the cuties for the night after getting a great buzz on...$5. for the BF and I gave the gal $30 for the entire night and she was the happiest hooker in all of Cambo.

Comment

By the way no one pays any attention to laws in Cambodia so neither did I!!

Comment

Welcome backi Lefty!

Comment

Play with fire get burnt. Illegal EVERYWHERE!! Same same prostitution. Risk...... very. Result..... up to you. You get caught you better start paying straightway before it goes up the chain and you WILL then spend time in the MonkeyHouse. Farang with any quantity is a happy police chief. What locals do is not always what you can do, and vice versa. Where are you on the risk continuum? Confused? You will be if you get caught. Be careful out there!

Comment

Exactly.

The law is; don't get caught unless you can afford it or you like fish soup!

Comment

I know 2 guy's got caught 3 week's ago
              with 4 spliff's, in Phuket. Cost them 140,000 Baht!
              If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

the new gov't is trying to revive Thaksin's infamous war on drugs - you can bet that gangah will be on the hit list in Thailand as well - so you must judge for yourself the risk vs. the reward!

As Blueballs says "Be careful out there!"

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I have no idea what ganja is, but if you mess with any semi-drug in SE Asia, you deserve all you get
                  Mister Arse

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 13 2008,12:55) The law is; don't get caught unless you can afford it or you like fish soup!  
                    You forgot the bit about being some pre-op ladyboy's bitch for 20 years...

I've made kathylc  

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 14 2008,02:56) I have no idea what ganja is, but if you mess with any semi-drug in SE Asia, you deserve all you get  
                      Ganja is weed, herb, cannabis, pot, reefer, marijuana, mota, 420, etc...
                      As a toker and potential sex tourist to S.E. Asia, I really appreciate all the info I can get on this topic. Especially if anyone can tell me about the quality of the local thai product.
                      So thanks for this thread, you guys.
                      "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                      Salin' on a summer breeze
                      And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                      -Harry Nilsson

Comment

(PigDogg @ Mar. 13 2008,15:00) Welcome backi Lefty!
                        Thanks!!! I love you my brother from a different mother.

The hiatus probably did me some good.
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(rxpharm @ Mar. 14 2008,00:23) the new gov't is trying to revive Thaksin's infamous war on drugs - you can bet that gangah will be on the hit list in Thailand as well - so you must judge for yourself the risk vs. the reward!

As Blueballs says "Be careful out there!"
                          Philip Freemason Esterhaus used to say "let's be careful out there" too. Maybe he and BB are related.

I have a friend here, like I said, when she gets an idea in her head you can't reason with her and she thinks since she has been to Thailand quite a few times that she knows most everything, and was telling others here that it's legal in Thailand, except for exporting it. I'm hearing this and just shaking me head, but keeping quiet to avoid a big needless debate.
                          I just waited til she wasn't around and told the others who may be going there someday that she was totally full of shit. I did not know the actual official laws though, as it X number of years for X amount or the amount for a fine for X amount and some of the answers here helped me out.
                          Sounds as vague as many other laws over there. Bottom line is use it in Thailand, you are taking a rather big risk and we don't fall under the same guidelines as if a Thai wants to use it.

From what aperry says, it sounds like Cambodia is the country of choice if someone wants to relatively safely burn a little ganja.
                          ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(Stewart @ Mar. 13 2008,17:56) I have no idea what ganja is, but if you mess with any semi-drug in SE Asia, you deserve all you get  
                            same same
                            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(gizmo @ Mar. 13 2008,12:56) I know 2 guy's got caught 3 week's ago
                              with 4 spliff's, in Phuket. Cost them 140,000 Baht!  
                              Unlucky
                              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X