X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading?

I just wanted to get an idea of what you guys are reading this summer.
    I've got no classes 'till the end of August so I'm on the lookout for interesting reading.
    I've just finished "A Voyage Long and Strange" by Tony Horowitz. It's a well written account of some of the people who got to the Americas Long before Columbus. I liked it because he deconstructs a lot of the myths that we learned as "history" when we were in grade school.
    I'm currently reading "The Man Who Loved China" by Simon Winchester. It's a biography of Joseph Needham. I had no idea what an amazing person he was; a true Renaissance man.
    I'm out.
    "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
    Salin' on a summer breeze
    And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
    -Harry Nilsson

On Orgasmaddict's advice I recently read Junky by William Burroughs. Highly recommended - check it out
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

Well, I like to read Paul Theroux's travel accounts. Had recently finished Dark Star Safari. It's very engaging and humbling.

At the moment, I'm in the midst of learning Thai so my current book of read is Thai: Essential Grammar by David Smyth.
      Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

NOTHING AT ALL! Not even a newspaper
        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Last book I read was ..
          MONEY STILL NUMBER ONE...BY Neil Hutchison
          Any one who is going to Thailand or who is a newbie this book is a must read..
          Some of it is on the net,if any one care to look..
          So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Reading Asimov... I love Sci Fi...

Comment

Just remembered..If you like reading you don't have to carry heavy books with you from home...In Pattaya go to Tops Supermarket, upstair there is a second hand book store..You can buy one and when you finish it you can take it back and get a money off on your next book..
              And they do have a lots of books...
              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Racing Post every day and Paris Turf on Saturdays.

Comment

just arrived for my latest 3 Month stay in Thailand.Always have to stock up on reading material as the selection of Farang books is not good in Isan.
                  Just started "Black Mass - Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia" by John Gray.Of course it mentions Bush and his link to the religious right is the U.S. as well as establishing the link between the Utopian causes of Religion and Enlightenment movements, since two of the most evil inventions of all Christianity and Islam.
                  Next will be "Underbelly-The Gangland war"about the killings in Melbourne, Australia during the early 2000's and after that will be "Adams vs God" from Aussie philosopher Phillip Adams.
                  As a confirmed Atheist it follows on from my reading of "God is not great - Christopher Hitchins, a must read for fellow atheists and "The God Delusion" - Richard Dawkins, my personal favourite.

Comment

Well compaired to that high brow stuff im reading some pulp stuff, but all the same very enjoyable
                    just started on the Harsh Cry Of The Heron by Lian Hearn, the 4th book in the tales of the Otori
                    and just finished let the right on in by john Ajvide lindqvist, both very good reads

Comment

Anything by Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Racing Form Guide and Ladyboy Forums....that's all i need
                        happy when in thailand

Comment

Currently Im reading "Why Men Dont Listen & Women Cant Read Maps" by Allan and Barbara Pease. Its so insightful!  

Its a very entertaining way to master your understanding of the opposite sex (or maybe your own if youre still clueless after all this time).  

S
                          Anything spent less than mad love is a waste of time

Comment

I am reading just this lovely Forum
                            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

to busy reading this forum to even try and read a book, but if i did read it would have to be Clive Cussler
                              i love t-girls

Comment

Working...
                              X