Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just checked amazon, a new title from Burdett, maybe just for the american release, is " The Godfather from Katmandu", must be same book mentiond above, probably an american title, same characters, release date Jan 2010
    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

• Best read in the UK at the moment is the Daily Telegraph with its exposure of fraud and blatant thievery by our politicians when claiming their expenses.

Looks like the first arrests by the police will happen in the next few days.

Comment

• Thanks guy, having read bangkok 8 and bangkok tattoo i did not realise there was another title - bangkok haunts, so i will be reading that title and the new one for sure!

Just about to finish The Genisis Secret by Tom Knox.

Good read but follows the usual mythical secret plot that is very popular now days! Although not complaining!
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

• Just finished  Ghost Wars  by Steve Coll about the Taliban - Al Queda and also The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

Both good reads in their own way!
          Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

• reading World Without End by Ken Follett. This is the follow-up to Pillars of the Earth and, so far, I prefer it
            No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Fanny by Erica Jong
              1980 ISBN0747531560
              Set in the 18th century. A wench runs away, gets kidnapped, lives in a whore house & goes pirating on the high seas. Quite a good read.

Comment

• And... the only book that could truly be called literature (Erica Jong writes it exceedingly well in the prose of the period) that involves graphic scat scenarios...
                Love that Erica Jong!
                f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

• I'm currently reading "Fool" by Christopher Moore. I love this guy's work. It's just fun reading.
                  The following was written by Moore and it appears on the inside jacket, it's a pretty good description of the narrative:

"This is a bawdy tale. Herein you will find gratuitous shagging, murder, spanking, maiming, treason, and heretofore unexplored heights of vulgarity and profanity, as well as nontraditional grammar, split infinitives, and the odd wank . . . if that's the sort of thing you think you might enjoy, then you have happened upon the perfect story!"

I would also add, "Heinous fuckery, most foul." Great stuff!

I'm also reading The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries: The Classic Study of Leprechauns, Pixies, and Other Fairy Spirits, by W.Y Evans-Wentz.
                  The title is pretty self-explanatory . . .
                  "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                  Salin' on a summer breeze
                  And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                  -Harry Nilsson

Comment

• I've done a bit of Pixie-studying myself
                    No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Started McMafia on the way back to New York. now that I am here, I havent picked it back up yet-too many hours of stuff on the DVR!!!

BTW the author of CONFESSION OF A BANGKOK PRVIATE EYE, William Olsen, wrote a sequel. I bought it before I left LOS and will read it on my way back in July!!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                      Be careful out there!

Comment

• (bigmick22 @ May 23 2009,09:16) I've done a bit of Pixie-studying myself
                        That seems fitting, you being an Irishman.
                        I suppose leprechauns are in rather short supply in the LOS; probably not as cute as pixies anyway.
                        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                        Salin' on a summer breeze
                        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

• my avatar contains all the Pixies a guy could ever want
                          No honey, no money!!

Comment

• i used to do a lot of reading,looking at this topic has got me interested to do more,one book i enjoyed years ago was the cain mutiny by herman wouk so i may re read that as a start,another i found interesting was chickenhawk by robert mason,his experiences as a helicopter pilot in vietnam war.
                            robbo

Comment

• Pitch invasion: the story of adidas and puma. Very good read,could appeal to most, but has some good insight into the buisness of sportfamily fueds and greed.
                              i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

• Excell spreed sheets comparing This years Numbers to Last years. (everyday 24/7) No joke.
                                However, I did pick up new book on Lighteing a week ago. I am very fancinated by electricity. I must have 20 books all about electricity. I Love stuff like that. Radiation, Microwaves, Lightening & Circutry, Yadda' Yadda' Yadda'. Thats the stuff im into.
                                My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Working...
                                X