X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist Attack

The Breaking News on All Major news wires and stations is that Mumbai India was attacked at 7 different loactions ranging from hotels to train stations with untold dead and injured.
    Terror warnings out now for NYC Subways for possible attacks not related to the above
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Seems several attacks are ongoing as we post.
    Attackers are attacking western targets and attacking hotels, cinema, and currently a hospital.
    Terrorists were asking if Americans or British were present.

Comment

(CNN) -- Several people have been killed in a series of coordinated attacks targeting sites popular with tourists and business people, according to police and CNN's sister network in India.

An injured man is carried to a hospital in Mumbai.

Ongoing battles between police and gunmen were reported at two five-star hotels by CNN-IBN.

Gunmen armed with automatic weapons and grenades attacked targets including the hotels, a cafe, and a train station, police say.

Police confirmed two deaths but IBN said at least 18 people were killed in the coordinated strikes, according to IBN.

The attacks included five shootouts and two grenade attacks, said a police officer who answered Mumbai's police control room line.

IBN reported an ongoing gun battle at the five-star Oberoi Hotel where gunmen have reportedly taken hostages.

At a second top hotel, the Taj, IBN reported more gunfire and chaos as a grenade exploded.

The attacks began about 2230 local time (1700 GMT) and more than two hours later witnesses were reporting new explosions and gunfire. There was one report of a Marriott Hotel being targeted, IBN said.

Comment

India is a hotbad of Muslim and Hindu rivalry. Not to portray Muslims in a bad light, as I have nothing against them, it just happens that there are radical Muslim groups associated with terrorists that seem to be carrying out these attacks. Anywhere there is a disenfranchised group or people with the capability to coordinate such strikes, you'll see it occur. I have no doubt that India will continue to see this type of violence into the future.
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

in keeping with dp's point, there have been more terrorist attacks in india in recent years than any other country on earth -- except iraq.

Comment

Still watching about mumbai attacks in CNN, terrorists taken hostage in Taj Mahal hotel. Some blast there, it looks so scary. Its sophisticated and specificated action. They specifically targeting the british and american. Well sayang, I guess india is out of our destination. We stick to plan for bangkok, ok?
            "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

The world will never be perfect

This stuff is pretty horrible but one gets a sense of reality. The World is relatively peacefull compared to the past and one has to expect this every now and again. I am 100% behing the war on terror and i hope they start using more stick than carrot.

As i mentioned this incident is pretty awfull but to put bloodshed in perspective the Russians alone lost 500,000 men at Stalingrad. And it wasnt that long ago.
              ( many were civilians , the only Tourists were the Germans)

Comment

Good point, but I think one thing to consider is that these are highly premeditated attacks that are targeting specific groups of people. In this case, foreigners and to a lesser extent the business and elite within Mumbai (and India in general). I don't doubt that these terrorists could place a bomb on a packed freight train carrying thousands of Indians and blow it sky high. In fact, they could probably do it to several trains in a day and have a death toll over 10,000 easily due to the lax security in those public trains and the overcrowding. However, that wouldn't accomplish much as the world wouldn't care about 10,000 dead poor, uneducated, Indian laborers. The death toll doesn't tell the real story behind the impacts and motivations of these dastardly cowards.
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(thaibound @ Nov. 27 2008,03:36) in keeping with dp's point, there have been more terrorist attacks in india in recent years than any other country on earth -- except iraq.
                  Hi

I slightly disagree with Thaibond because Pakistan has faced worst terrorist attacks as compared to india in recent times. I personally feel that terrorism has nothing to do with any religion. Although most terrorists belong to muslim world but someone is out there, hidden, is pulling the strings for a bigger agenda. I remember when Russia invaded Afghanistan, all the fighters were known as 'Mujahideens' and 'Freedom Fighters' but as soon as Russia was defeated, they become 'Terrorists' 'Islamic Fundamentalist' 'Islamic Militants'.

Comment

(tsadmirer @ Nov. 28 2008,20:29) I personally feel that terrorism has nothing to do with any religion. Although most terrorists belong to muslim world
                    Seeing as every other word that comes from the mouth of Bin Laden is " god is great"...one would assume that
                    Religion is the motivation and the whole motivation

I do not thinks its a co-incidence

Comment

British citizens among the terrorists.
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Seven,
                        You mean the victims or terrorists

Comment

I think Three of these Terrorist scumbags were British Born Pakistanis. No surprise there then...

as an aside....
                          A reporter was questioning the Army Commander and he asked if it were true that a Terror suspects body had been found riddled with 68 bullets

he said " yes, unfortunately we run out of ammunition"

Comment

(thpon @ Nov. 28 2008,23:08) Seven,
                            You mean the victims or terrorists
                            Terrorists, thpon.
                            "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

As this story unfolds its amazing to hear the details.    This attack still continues and the death toll is on the rise. The below numbers from CNN.....

"The death toll from attacks in nine locations was 160 -- including three Germans, an Italian, an Australian and one Chinese among the at least 15 foreigners killed -- with a further 327 injured. "

At one point they suggested the terrorists came by boat.  Is any country safe from attacks like this?  The answer is NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X