Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(dummy_plug @ Nov. 28 2008,08:40)  Good point, but I think one thing to consider is that these are highly premeditated attacks that are targeting specific groups of people. In this case, foreigners and to a lesser extent the business and elite within Mumbai (and India in general). I don't doubt that these terrorists could place a bomb on a packed freight train carrying thousands of Indians and blow it sky high. In fact, they could probably do it to several trains in a day and have a death toll over 10,000 easily due to the lax security in those public trains and the overcrowding. However, that wouldn't accomplish much as the world wouldn't care about 10,000 dead poor, uneducated, Indian laborers. The death toll doesn't tell the real story behind the impacts and motivations of these dastardly cowards.
    How do you work out that the 10,000 would be indian labourers Last time i went on an indian train i'm sure there was a cross section of society!
    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

One thing is for sure is that this type of attack will be copied.

In the days of the Baader Meinhoff gang the Japanese Red Army did a similar attack at Lod airport ( i think) when they opened fire in the lounge and beyond .These Japanese bods were viscious and made the average Al Quaeda seem like Donny Osmond...

Comment

It's all about a Dog

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=700 HEIGHT=600>http://akn-media.com/Zap/kickmydog.swf>http://akn-media.com/Zap/kickmydog.swf WIDTH=700 HEIGHT=600 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH>

Comment

(Tomcat @ Nov. 28 2008,21:34)
          (tsadmirer @ Nov. 28 2008,20:29) I personally feel that terrorism has nothing to do with any religion. Although most terrorists belong to muslim world
          Seeing as every other word that comes from the mouth of Bin Laden is " god is great"...one would assume that
          Religion is the motivation and the whole motivation

I do not thinks its a co-incidence
          Dear Sir

May I ask who created Bin Laden ?? it was USA. we reap what we sow.

Comment

(tsadmirer @ Dec. 01 2008,15:44) May I ask who created Bin Laden ?? it was USA. we reap what we sow.
            Bin Laden created himself ...dont shift the blame.

His argument was originally with the Saudi Govt and not with anyone else. he just found a handy scapegoat to further his cause.

If countries want US investment and all that comes with it then thats up to them.... And please dont use the word " We" as i have no link with your brand of thought.

Comment

Dear Sir

Sorry to use "We" as I was referring to the phrase in general.

I am not trying to shift the blame. It is on record that bin laden family had close relationship with Bush family in the past. After 911, when the whole US nation was mourning and planes were grounded, only one plane flew and that took bin laden family away from USA. 911 itself is a big mystery and I hope someone someday will find the truth behind it.

I totally agree with you that Bin Laden came to the light when he showed resistance against saudi royal family. But no one can deny the fact that he was trained by the US to combat in Afghanistan against Russians. Later on, when the objective was achieved, US couldn't get hold of the monster they have created and he started preaching his own brand of Islam. Being muslim, I personally don't agree with the bin laden's version of islam and I strongly condemn the attacks on innocent civilians anywhere in world.

All board members here are educated, wise and have seen life closer but why some of you just believe the media blindly?

The reason I am asking this question because till the age of 18 I was a stupid and narrow minded Pakistani who believed what the state TV showed me (We had only one TV channel at that time) so I believed that all non muslims are evil. But, when the dish channels arrived and I had a chance to see the other side of the coin, I felt a change in my thoughts and beliefs. When I entered in my professional life, I went abroad and met jews, hindus, chritians, buddist etc. and now I am a completely different person. BUT you people belong to countries where you have seen and experience free media and freedom of speech (please correct me if I am wrong here).

Apologies in advance if this is all off topic.

Many thanks

Comment

(tsadmirer @ Dec. 02 2008,13:34) All board members here are educated, wise and have seen life closer but why some of you just believe  the media blindly?
                Myself and two fellow board members were minutes away from being obliterared in the London July Bombings a few years back...Luckily for me i took an Eastbound train rather than get on the underground
                This was real and not a press invention.

You talk about blinded by the media. This dont make sense...just read the Gaurdian or other UK liberal newspapers and they seem to agree to a degree with your point of view..For all its faults the western press covers most political bases.

Obviously when you cross over from facts to Politics it tends to become subjective and murky ..such is life

Comment

I don't know who is next, but I found this hilarious comic about mohammet:

http://www.islam-watch.org/copper.....nab.htm

Comment

To post something about the topic: I think the freedom-powers should make the first step by naming the enemy.

It is a great problem we have, we just know Al-Qaeda, but we cannot relate it to what's around us. We need to define the enemy and to give it a name. For me the enemy is not called "muslims" but I call them "Islamists".
                    In my book, an islamist is a person who believes that muslim beliefs should prevail over people's freedom (I would like to say that this does not apply to most muslims).

We have to give the enemy the label "islamists".

Islamists:
                    - should be removed from any educational role
                    - should not be allowed to speak in public about islam
                    - should not be allowed to publish about islam

I do also believe that the Qu'ran is a toxic book.
                    The Christians were able to amend the bible, so should do the muslims. But they aren't capable of it.
                    Therefore, I support the idea of forbidding the Qu'ran on the grounds that it promotes religious hate.
                    If that means that the bible should be banned as well, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X