Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it seems odd to me that anyone would feel that a man has a right to freedom and a hero's welcome after being found guilty of murdering almost 300 people.
    Last time I looked, the Scottish authorities had no control over what happens at Tripoli airport. In the same way as they would have had no control over the mass "I hate Scotland" demonstrations and kilt-burnings that would have happened if they had left him to die in a Scottish prison.

This was not just going to stay quiet and go away if they left him inside....no way.

However this is not how civilised society can work, in my opinion. and society must act for the whole, not the minority.
    Correct. This was a decision by a government that was elected by several million people. The legal authorities are representing the system/culture/values/whatever you want to call it of the whole country, not just the victims relatives.

And with the profile of this particular situation, it is naive to believe that there is not a wider viewpoint to be taken into account.

I am just glad I was not in MacAskill's shoes......a no-win situation whatever he did. Or maybe he met with Robbo and that probably made his mind up for him

you also show complete disespect for the lives of those dead and their families and indeed victims of such acts yet to happen,and they will.you are ,in sense on the same level as the bomber.
    I was 50-50 on the decision, but I think you have just made my mind up for me as well.
    Mister Arse

Comment

Fuc&#@ing Scottish government morons! Letting a mass murderer go free after 8 years imprisonment on "compassionate" grounds. Now the entire muslim world has the pic of this degenerate butcher being welcomed as a hero on their front pages. All for favorable gas & oil contracts.......

May he writhe in agony & pain every single minute he has left on earth while believing that he will go to hell. Or is he a "holy martyr" too?

A family friend lost her husband, her son & her pregnant daughter-in-law just before Christmas on this flight, where's the compassion for her?

Comment

(Stewart @ Aug. 22 2009,10:37) Last time I looked, the Scottish authorities had no control over what happens at Tripoli airport.
        A month old baboon who had been distracted by a brightly colored toy could have seen this coming.

It would have been easy to make the release of this convicted terrorist a low key affair by attaching restrictions to his release.

One of them would have been - do NOT give him a hero's welcome at the airport!

Child's play for the human race - rocket science for Scottish politicians!

History will remember the Scottish government as the clown like, spineless liberal traitors that they are.
        I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

Despite what you "see", there was NO official Libyan "welcome" of this flight. It was NOT shown on Libyan TV. Ask why it was shown on most "western" media?? None of this happens in a vacuum.

Why was the CIA flying drugs on commercial airliners? Why does the CIA deal in drugs? Why does the USA say one thing, but do another?

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Aug. 21 2009,17:03) Are you SERIOUSLY calling Obama incredible because of Guantanamo? Are you really that fucking retarded? Wow. Obama is the man who is CLOSING the Guantanamo Bay prison.
            Fuck Obama, yeah he closes Guantanamo Bay and makes a big deal of telling the press what a fucking great guy he is but doesn't mention that he's expanding the Bagram Airbase Prison in Afghanistan another torture spot to incarcerate an extra 4000.

Well done the jocks I say! Fuck America strutting around the world thinking it can tell everyone else what to do.
            It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

Quite right... and to all the victims and all the families that suffered - then you too can go fuck yourselves up the arse! The compassion given to a murdering terrorist feted as a hero around the Muslim world is much more valuable than anything that YOU have to say!
              I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

obama does what the jews tell him to do

Comment

there is talk of the yanks wanting to boycot scottish goods like haggis and whiskey

Comment

(mister_smith @ Aug. 23 2009,15:35) Fuck Obama, yeah he closes Guantanamo Bay and makes a big deal of telling the press what a fucking great guy he is but doesn't mention that he's expanding the Bagram Airbase Prison in Afghanistan another torture spot to incarcerate an extra 4000.

Well done the jocks I say! Fuck America strutting around the world thinking it can tell everyone else what to do.
                    It's a good point a lot of people miss. No one is "tortured" in Guantanamo. There are too many Journalists, lawyers and red cross officals around. Guantanamo is just warehousing. In Bagram and I'm sure a number of other places around the world no one looks for (Diego Garcia is one I bet) you can pretty much do whatever you want and no one will care. And the good thing is no ACLU types will turn up as those "loveable taliban Rogues" will probably cut their heads off given the chance, look at Daniel Pearl.

As for saying "fuck America" you do know Lockerbie is a Scottish town? What do you say to those people. Sorry you lost your family but we really wanted to stick it to Uncle Sam so we had to let the guy that did it go.
                    Beer Baron

Comment

So if he isnt dean within three months, does someone get to go to Libya and kill him?? Just a question....
                      Be careful out there!

Comment

..sorry dead!! Was thinking of Dean Martin....
                        Be careful out there!

Comment

Is this the same USA who's people funded the IRA? Who brokered a deal to
                          have Irish terrorists released as part of the good Friday agreement?
                          Personally i can't see the difference..
                                                                                    x
                          Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Naang, the people that funded the IRA were Irish-Americans who were told one side of a story, and they thought by funding thru functions held in big cities thru-out America, that they were helping a good cause, (BULLSHITE).

Back on topic, I wish they left that Wanker to die in Jail in Scotland, rather than release him, after all when he does die, they will probally make him out to be a martyr, and that would be the worse message to send back to the victim's families.
                            i love t-girls

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Aug. 21 2009,23:03)
                              (tim1212 @ Aug. 21 2009,13:54) a man from a so called civalised country who runs a torture camp in cuba 4 me has no grounds to speak
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Please excuse me while I stitch up my sides from laughter.

Are you SERIOUSLY calling Obama incredible because of Guantanamo? Are you really that fucking retarded? Wow. Obama is the man who is CLOSING the Guantanamo Bay prison.

Please take off your tin foil hat before you resume posting. Calling Obama a non-credible person to speak on this issue is just stupid.
                              Guantanamo? Obama? Are you talking about the guy who condones taking people who have been held for 6+ years, no charges, are never going to be charged with anything and KEEPING THEM IN PRISON BECAUSE...BECAUSE... BECAUSE...hell, can't think of a legal excuse, just keep 'em there.

You talking about that guy? The guy that's gonna close Gitmo ... and transfer the prisoners to some other max pen?

I'm all for the "Change Guy", but this was one of the first 180s that he did.
                              "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

(Socrates999 @ Aug. 24 2009,20:11) I'm all for the "Change Guy", but this was one of the first 180s that he did.
                                Highly illogical!

It's about time Mister Spock assimilates him!
                                Attached Files
                                Lost in Space!

Comment

Working...
                                X