X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip off Christmas Airfares

Well, I managed to get a job after 3 months out of work but the company closes at Christmas for 2 weeks so, I thought I would go to Bangkok or Manila for the 2 weeks

That is until I found out that the Airlines basically double the price of tickets over that period where i would normally pay approx A$ 1,000 for a return to Manila they want A$ 1,845 over the Christmas period for the same trip.!! Bangkok is A$ 2,000 bloody hell !!!

Needless to say I will not be going as

A) i am behind financially from being unemployed

B) I hate to be blatantly ripped off

So the Airlines can......

hey buddy

If you wanna fly at xmas you need to book ahead...

I got melbourne - bangkok - phuket to melbourne for less than $900 AUD ... flying jetstar and air asia.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

yeah i know I have to book ahead but being unemployed I was not going to buy a ticket as I had no idea as to how long I would have been out of work.

I went to the Philippines about 4 years ago at Christmas and yes I booked by mid year and it was about $ 1,000 normal price.

My point is that it is bullshit how the prices double !

Comment

yeah it sucks no doubt....

Supply & demand .... If only Christianity didnt exist

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

What does Christianity have to do with the COMMERCIAL called Christmas?
          TEXASMAC

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Sep. 22 2012,10:34) What does Christianity have to do with the COMMERCIAL called Christmas?  
            How true that comment is.

Comment

Unfortunately this is traditional airline strategy - raise prices during high season and discount during low season. The only hope would be if you could score a late or last minute seat sale. Hope something will work out for you!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

rxpharm, that is my thinking I will check many web sites and hope i can get a last minute deal.

Fortunatly work have said they are flexible on the dates a few days either way will be fine.

My preference is Bangkok, with Manila / Cebu second choice. I have not been to Thailand so if i get a flight I will be requiring some advice from the experienced members here.

Comment

If the Airlines didnt charge extra in the peak season they would be out of business and no one would fly anywhere . All systems are evil but i suppose that Capitalism is the least evil

Hotels work on the same system and in Vegas the price changes every day depending on occupancy

Comment

... you can expect this at Xmas time because that's when all the asians that are working or living overseas return home for the holidays to visit their famlies or relatives; they usually book these flights months ahead of when they plan to leave... if I leave SFO in Dec. it's usually all Filipinos & Chinese on the plane..

..oh & I would recommend BKK or Patts over Manila during the holidays since it is a Christian holiday & most all Filipinos are Catholic, so unless you have someone lined up the bar scene isn't the same since a lot of the working girls go home for the holidays too.. you'll find a lot more action in Thailand than you will in the Philippines during that 2 weeks but that's just my experience there during that time.
                    .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Good Lck and hope you find a flight. Looking for work is more stressful than work so you probably need some R & LB.
                      TEXASMAC

Comment

Your correct Tex, the problem with no work was I spent a huge amount of my savings staying afloat ( lots of stress there ), I have had the 3 years from hell work wise, hopefully this new job will be long term.

Anicon yep, I definatly want to go to Thailand, if I cannot get a flight arranged I will aim for March /April next year.

Comment

I checked the fares one year on Xmas eve, to fly Xmas day, arrive 26th, they were almost back to normal ,worth a punt............................good luck.
                          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(bugeye29 @ Sep. 21 2012,22:26) Bangkok is A$ 2,000 bloody hell !!!
                            I assume that your "turning left" at this price

Comment

I got $1300.00 from Dallas to BKK on 10-20-12. The cheapest of my now 7th trip. 21 days 12 hours to wheels up !
                              TEXASMAC

Comment

Working...
                              X