X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIke live volcanoes?

Now going on on the Big Island of Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific. 'Wow photos.

Top Hawaii news, Honolulu news, Big Island news, Maui news and Kauai news from Hawaii's only investigative, nonprofit newsroom. Always free.

That is crazy stuff.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

That is crazy. I€™ve always wanted to see a volcano with an active lava flow. Mount St. Helens was a amazing event, but I think it was just a blast, and didn€™t have a lava flow. Might be wrong... seeing the lava flowing at 2,000 degrees would be pretty wild. The pictures coming from Hawaii are really something.

Lotusman

Comment

I was working a summer job in Oregon during the summer of 1980 and was within 300 miles of Mount St Helens.
        The big eruption was May 18th before my arrival but there a was a couple more events over the summer.
        It was like night time during the day, the ash was deep like snow.

Even on May 18th I was in Canada and we had a coating of ash everywhere.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

More bad news. Ashes everywhere plus more earthquakes. The Big Island of Hawaii's economy is ruined. Cancelled reservations and flights, empty restaurants and shops, main roads overrun by lava and can't get in or out. This is really an amazing event. Very severe eruption. Past flows occurred in the middle of barren blackened old lava fields. Now are heading to 20 fissures (cracks) right in the middle of beautiful green forests full of homes large and small, shacks and mansions, little farms and gardens. All the Hawaii FEMA people are out in full force, huge propane tanks have been emptied from the Puna geothermal storage tanks and the large modern geothermal plants in the neighborhood. They will seal the plant down for good for now. Don't know if they will even exist tomorrow. More here at http://www.staradvertiser.com/ Read it everyday. Also check out YouTube.com for some of those helicopter shots. I probably should go ride one but I think EVERYBODY got the same idea. So for now enjoy the helicopter news videos. Utterly fantastic. Will never forget them.

Comment

Before/after photos. Just click the arrow and drag left or right.

To get an idea of just how drastically lava flows have scorched the areas surrounding Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano, take a look at these satellite images from DigitalGlobe.

Comment

Working...
            X