X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh. Americans need to read these carefully

New travel visas to most of Europe required by 2021. Note that England is not part of Schenzen Europe. Not sure if this is retaliation against USA's requiring all visitors to apply for travel visas to combat terrorism. Makes Thailand's visa requirements and crackdown look normal. Shame that the world is growing more and more dangerous. And more crowded.

Schenzen is not in Europe. It's a district north of Hong Kong.

Comment

Oh, then its Schengen. This applies to ALL non-Europeans planning to visit Europe (except UK). Not just Americans. Troublesome humbug just like Thailand and the USA. This is the new normal for all of us. More info and where to get them when 2021 rolls around.

Learn how to apply for a Schengen tourist visa hassle-free! From eligibility checks to document preparation and visa interview tips, this guide covers everything you need to know to explore Europe's wonders for leisure.

Hmmmm. Just checked my passport. Got only 6 blank pages left and expiration date is 2022. Just enough for 3 more visits to Thailand. Better get more pages soon. Just found this info about adding pages to my passport. Seems I must apply for a new passport with the normal 24 pages either by mail or in person. Each visa stamp requires 2 pages so that means only room for 3 more visits. Good thing I looked. Did you?
      This website should be very helpful.

Where to apply for US passport

Fee renewal calculator. Online quoted $110 if standard 4-6 week renewal period (no rush). Too many fee numbers to remember. Mail charged get added. Stay away from non-USA or non-USPS website trying to profit from you through their scams.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ents/fees.html
      Last edited by George Pill; 03-11-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

New passport pages are no longer allowed.

http://time.com/4121886/passport-pag...te-department/

"Under the current system, U.S. travelers who need extra passport pages for visas can have them added in 24-page packets, which costs $82 (you can request up to two packets at one time). But starting in 2016, they'll have to request a whole new passport for $110, the State Department announced last month. So even if your passport isn't close to expiring, you'll still have to purchase a new one if you need extra pages."

So this means no more extra pages are available after 2016. Gotta apply for a new passport which has 28 pages but still got only the same numer of 17 pages for stamping. Since visa stamps use up 2 pages per visit it means you can visit Thailand 8 times before you need to renew every 10 years (life of a US passport). Becomes a problem if you like to visit twice a year.

Comment

Working...
        X