• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid19 latest news

https://pattayaone.news/thai-prime-m...-at-this-time/

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...tourism-291180

https://pattayaone.news/ibiza-benido...s-on-lockdown/

https://www.pattayamail.com/health/q...ds-moph-291129

Other news are a major Thai bank is refusing to change foreign currencies. A Thai politician condemns white foreigners who don't wear masks at the rail stations. They don't take baths. Fun reading how a government displays screwed up thinking like my President. Interesting to note that the Covid19 death rate might be starting to decrease in China such that they are dismantling the instant hospitals they erected in a week. Goes to show you how efficient a Communist country can be. Italy has more doctors and beds per 100K citizens that the USA. I am in Honolulu and there have been very few positives. One of them was a Canadian medical person who got sick after she returned home. Same for two Japanese tourists from Nagoya. Sick after they returned home. Have not been any reported outbreaks, but that's because we have just gotten our test kits from the CDC. Still not enough kits and too many requirements just to be able to get tested. I think we are blessed with warm weather and strong sunlight mean strong UV light. Hope we stay lucky as we don't have enough beds for a major outbreak. Same for the American cities. Trump just banned all arrivals from Europe. Now added Ireland and Britain to the list. Will only be a matter of days when my Governor finally bans all cruise liner and airplane arrivals totally. Everybody here is going crazy buying up all the groceries and toilet paper. Just shopped at Safeway grocery store and all the canned beans are gone. There was a crazy rumor that Matson and Pasha shipping companies were shutting down. That panicked everybody and flooded the warehouse Costco stores. Fight fights just for toilet paper. There is no more rubbing alcohol, Lysol or Clorox anything, hydrogen peroxide, but still lots of meat, eggs, bread, rice, warm clothes, batteries, etc. Luckily I have three 3M n95 masks with the exhaust flaps and a boxful of blue surgical masks which I bought from repair work on my house. The N95 masks were purchased 8 years ago for my 20 hour flights to Thailand every year. Glad I did so. For the rest of you I suggest you buy some kid's Tshirts and pull them down to just under your eyes. Quicky mask. I am watching the poor travelers returning home just after Trump ordered the incoming shutdown. The news shows large numbers of returning Americans standing in line wating to be checked carefully. Very few have masks. And everybody is standing less than 6 feet from each other. Glad I travel only in Winter when the Thailand weather is cooler and less rainy. BTW there's a serious drought I Pattaya. Another reason to cancel any plans to visit. This is a major doomsday event. Everybody is affected and scared. Every business is suffering. The only thing I can think that is good about this disease is it might shrink the exploding human population raping the earth of its natural resources. China has noted that their air pollution has decreased significantly. Maybe Bangkok and Chiangmai could benefit from an epidemic that cannot be stopped. The news is so plentiful. Everyday I wake up early wanting to read the newspapers. This is the movie Contagion in real life. Corvid19 is the new AIDS of the 2020's. Good luck until tomorrow.

Thai Monkeys have no tourists to feed them attack city.

Shemale Canada
    Tgirl Forums

Comment

Saw that. Wonder if the Gibraltar monkeys are acting up. Our lives are about to change for now. The Spanish Flu killed 100 million all over the world. Mutation coming?

Comment

Now the slaughter begins.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...predict-291498

Last night's national televised news mentioned that this disease might last throughout the summer. An epidemiologist said this disease is now situated in the northern hemisphere where it's still winter. Later it will migrate to the southern hemisphere and then boomerang back up in a stronger deadly wave. Covid19 is an incredibly strong contagion and a smart one, too. If it mutates as it spread its damage we may never be able to stop or control it. Might not even develop a vaccine like we couldn't with AIDS. On the brighter side our out-of-control population might decrease or self-isolate ourselves. Scientists have noted that the air pollution in Wuhan has decreased significantly so maybe there are other bright sides of Covid19. Probably the next pandemic will be the one that sterilizes us all and stops global warming. BTW go watch Contagion DVD. Very educational. For fun watch World War Z.

Comment

It's already in the Southern hemisphere, George.

990px-COVID-19-outbreak-timeline.gif

Comment

Human trials of a vaccine have already started.
            They also said viral medications that already exist appear highly effective against covid-19.
            This will further decrease the death rate.

Once there is vaccine and some natural resistance in the population it will ease off.

The flu is still far worse.
            Shemale Canada
            Tgirl Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Crag Rockheart View Post
              Human trials of a vaccine have already started.
              They also said viral medications that already exist appear highly effective against covid-19.
              This will further decrease the death rate.

Once there is vaccine and some natural resistance in the population it will ease off.

The flu is still far worse.
              Where is that ? I am curious to know.
              On March 3rd, at the Institut Pasteur, they said the first prototype already existed. Then it would take 3 months for tests on animals and another 9 months for first tests on human beings.
              You seem to have a different information.

Comment

Yesterday's national TV new sez vaccination trials have begun in Seattle, but it will take many months to see if it will work. In the meantime can try Tamiflu and stop drinking soda pop, alcohol, smoking, and consuming high amounts of sugar. Need to keep your body strong.

Comment

Read "Israeli scientist: You’re not going to see millions of people die from COVID-19" by David Horovitz from thetimesof israel.com. lots of interesting articles in there.

As u know Bangkok and Pattaya entertainment venues and Songkran are now shut down. Bars are closed only until the end of March. Too short. Will take much longer to determine whether this will significantly help keep the curve low. Also there's now and increase in infections. The epidemic begins now.

What would Stickman Bangkok do? Read his last post at stickmanBangkok.com

My advice? Stay at home and wait and see if the mortality rate stays at 2%. China's death numbers are actually decreasing and life is slowly starting to return to normal. Hooray. A dictatorship does work. Have to be amazed how they built 2 hospitals in 2 weeks. USA can't even do that. Italy has more doctors and beds per 100K citizens. Still the death count continues to be high thanks to a higher number of seniors who live healthy and eat such great foods. The quarantines will continue until the counts decrease. Just need to be patient. What an incredible disease. Wonder if the next epidemic next winter becomes more virulent and starts killing off at 50% mortality.
                  Last edited by George Pill; 04-27-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Have they found a cure for the coronavirus? Australian researchers claim two existing drugs could 'cure' COVID-19 after patients they tested responded 'very well' to treatment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...e-not-yet-out/

Shemale Canada
                    Tgirl Forums

Comment

It's going to be a while before a viable vaccine hits the streets . Best guesstimate is 6 to 12 months to develop (after trials , testing and production) and then it needs to be distributed etc . By all estimates and models, the prediction is it will get worse before it gets better. The rate of infection is growing rapidly...Its up to individuals to control themselves to control the spread . I had an asshole who was under quarantine show up at my place of busines, and I had to send him away. This kind of ignorance is what spreads a virus like this. Medical science can only treat the symptoms, and hopefully create a vaccine sooner than later...but people need to take social responsibility to stop the spread.. that is key. As testing is stepping up, the number of reported infected is increasing...all US states have infected people and depending on the area, death rates are 1.5 to 6%. That's 15 to 60 times the death rate of the seasonal flu's highest death rate of 0.1%. So if the covid infection rate becomes as big as the seasonal flu we mat be in for a rough ride. China locked down their population, in force, and flattened the growth rate cure, allowing the recovery rate to catch up. Its expected that many younger people who are healthy will survive infection, but that makes this person a spreader regardless, and many people will get it and die because they are not strong. It's not 100% clear how it is spread although droplets are the suspecting culprit (sneezing, surface contact) but still much is unknown about the length of time the virus can survive waiting to infect again. The learning curve is still be discovered daily. Evidence is that strong bodies may carry the virus and have little or no symptoms for 14 to 24 days...spreading the virus, unaware they have it. I looked on my plane finder app today and there are up to 10000 planes in the air at peak...5200 now at 04:40 GMT. It's like a movie right now; a bit surreal with medicine, the economy, global business, politics and oil all colliding at the same time. We are part of the biggest natural experiment of humanity ever in this lifetime...

Comment

Some say the death rate is only so high because they know all the severe cases but not most of the other cases.

Also in Italy they had direct flights from Wuhan to shuttle workers for work in the textile industry there.
                        China hid the truth while these flights continued.
                        Since Italy has the oldest population in the world, it has hit them hard.

It's worse than the flu but not as bad as it looks.

Plus they think that Malaria drug actually cures it.
                        Shemale Canada
                        Tgirl Forums

Comment

At least there is one good thing.
                          Canadians don't have to pay their income tax until September now.

Shemale Canada
                          Tgirl Forums

Comment

New posts at Stickmanbangkok.com and stickboybkk.com. read 'em.

Comment

Diary of 3 days in confinement

Tonight we were shocked by figures announced at the evening news. Our country is in the epicenter of the epidemics and the number of casualties more than doubled in just 48 hours. I am having a look at pages like this one. 2 days ago, numbers were not accurate. Depending on the number, cases increased by either 115 % or 151 % and still had more than 100 cases (These were not small numbers).

I decided not to go out. People going out are controlled by the police and must display a statement explaining why they are out. We have 4 possible kind of waivers : going to work if working at home is not possible, making purchases only for imperial needs (food, medications. Everything is listed in a governmental decree), going out for health reasons, compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable persons or childcare, individual sport without collective practice within a distance of 500 (or 600) meters from home or bringing one's pets out. In general, we are prohibited to stop and chat with other people and must stay at least one meter of distance from other people. Since yesterday, the government increased the fine for trespassers to 135 € (145 US$ / 210 CAN$). Today, local governors (Préfets) issued decrees to prohibit walking along beaches or riversides since it's an opportunity to stand close to other people.

Yesterday, I went out to go to a grocery store and a pharmacy. I saw troopers controlling drivers before I arrived. At the mall, every shop was closed except 2 grocery stores. People would naturally stay away from each other except 3 young guys looking for alcohol or party food. I managed to find 70 % medical alcohol. We have been instructed to use hydro alcoholic gel to wash our hands at least every hour but it's been impossible to find some for at least one month. I found oxygenated water (peroxyd water) in a furniture where my mother had left a bottle years ago. I managed to find glycerin, so I will be able to provide a good substitute of hydro alcoholic gel. For now, I use a mix of cologne, 90% medical alcohol, oxygenated water and liquid soap. It's a small victory.

On Monday, they announced on radios that we were not allowed to get out. The government heads could hardly explain why. The Prime Minister complained that too many people lack discipline. A police senior executive told that many people would tell off police patrols advising them not to gather in public areas. So now, it's prohibited to socialize with other people. We may get food and come back. If we come back with just a couple of purchases, we can get a ticket. Our president made a speech for the second time on television. He explained this is a war and our enemy is invisible. This morning, the parliament voted the state of emergency giving the government full powers to issue ordinances and decrees without vote by the parliament. We are officially in a police state with restricted freedom (freedom of movement).

Attitude towards other countries and their people

As long as the virus was in China and Korea, we believed that was an Asian affair. Politicians argued on whether accepting refugees country fellows from China or closing airports immediately. We had 2 death (2 old men including a Chinese old man over 80 yo). We then had 5 cases of British people. One of them came back from Singapore and we still wonder why he stooped in our country. About 4 weeks ago, news announced that every cases had recovered. Less than 24 hours later, medical authorities saw cases in several places. One source was the staff in an airforce base where a military flight with refugees from China had landed a few days earlier. Another one was a religious meeting where a few of the participants had come back from Italy.
                              Our journalists were sometimes patronizing when dealing with Italy. Then we saw stats skyrocketing in Spain and Spain closed their frontier. Last week, many countries of Europe closed their frontier. Yesterday, Belgium ordered confinement rules. As far as I know, only one country refuses to decree confinement. This is Holland. Our frontiers remain open with countries like Switzerland, Belgium or Luxemburg to allow people going to work in these countries to go to work but movements are strictly controlled by the police. Other countries closed their frontier with France (Italy, Spain, Germany).

Last week end, we were shocked by Donald Trump's arrogance and lightness but he changed his mind instead. It's sad to see more cases in the USA now than in my country. 3 days ago, we were also shocked by Boris Johnson's or Prince Williams casually shaking everybody's hand and criticizing the fear for covid19. Yesterday, the UK changed their mind though. When these leaders didn't take the epidemic seriously, we thought "they gonna get a good lesson". Now, we find it sad for all the sick people.

All we can do is to warn you reading from Canada or Hawaï. You should get prepared to confinement as much as you can. 5 days ago, I found a lady's behavior saying she had purchased food to stay locked at home for 3/4 months ridiculous. 5 days ago was such a long time ago. If you can store food at home without disturbing grocery stores, you'd rather do it. It's not paranoia, it's just being reasonably cautious. May tis warning help a few of you guys.
                              Once you're confined at home, keep in relationship with friends and relatives using phones and messengers. Above all, stay away from other people till all this shit is over.

Some people start feeling mad after 3 days only, especially those living in large cities. Thanks heaven, I live in a comfortable house with a garden where I can get fresh air. The town is fairly silent, only disturbed by a lawn mower this afternoon. The situation is scary, especially stats. I don't feel afraid for myself by I fear to contaminate someone else if I get it.

Stats

Stats are strange when you watch them. Countries with a culture of strict discipline (Germany, South Korea, Japan) might have a lower deaths / cases ratio. I can see several sources of bias though. Medical authorities refuse to list all the cases. Sick people without serious fever or "flu" are instructed to stay at home and use paracetamol and moreover are not tested. We wonder if this attitude consists in refusing to list cases or comes from the lack of test kits.

I can see a negative propaganda effect. Our political leaders prefer to show off rather than take their responsibilities. It's deplorable to see competition leading their communications.

There seem to be a communication battle between great labs or pharmaceutical companies to announce that they found a cure or a vaccine. Competition is wholesome to emulate researchers but leads to sterile communication. If we are reasonable, we can hope first vaccines to be either delivered or tested on humans next year in January or February. Since we have the best companies in the world (said a journalist tonight ), they also hope to find a medical treatment before finding a vaccine. I hope that chauvinism won't stop developing solutions for those who don't have one. I want to go back to ladyboys countries when I can guarantee I'm in a good health.

Comment

Working...
                              X