Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy makes more sense than any other doctor or politician.

The narrative is don't question anytbing. The vaccines may be sterilizing the population but OMG can't get Covid.

Comment

• Good luck going to Thailand any time soon. The micro management that is under way is beyond compare.

The reaction to this virus has never been proportional to the actual threat anywhere in the world. It just isn't as deadly as the response that has arisen in all countries. In Thailand they seem to have taken it to new extremes of Micro management. At some point life has to return. The idea of zero covid is ridiculous, no other disease is treated this way. Just an excuse for an Authoritarian government to lock down as they would like to without a virus. The virus is a godsend for the Thai leaders really.
      Keep the fear in play, keep the control in play. Sad state the world is now in. Totally destroyed the planet for a super cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockheart View Post
        Good luck going to Thailand any time soon. The micro management that is under way is beyond compare
        Well I'm still planning on going this September. I changed my flights so now I'm going east and flying through Europe and fly into Phuket instead of connecting through Bangkok. Hotels are booked. Totally agree about the management...my checklist about what I need to do is ever expanding.

Maybe I won't be able to see anything else except Phuket and Koh Samui? We'll see what's what in a couple months. Everything I've booked is fully refundable, but I'd hate to cancel this trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post

Well I'm still planning on going this September. I changed my flights so now I'm going east and flying through Europe and fly into Phuket instead of connecting through Bangkok. Hotels are booked. Totally agree about the management...my checklist about what I need to do is ever expanding.

Maybe I won't be able to see anything else except Phuket and Koh Samui? We'll see what's what in a couple months. Everything I've booked is fully refundable, but I'd hate to cancel this trip.
          They seem to be protecting Phuket so there is some hope it may operable by the fall.
          Unfortunately there seems to be this idea of zero covid out there. If that is the goal things may never return to normal.
          I think the best we can hope for is to manage the virus with vaccines and drugs and protect the vunerable.
          However controlling everyone seems to be the method many governments choose instead.

It wasn't so bad wearing a mask in Brazil and Mexico since i hadn't been there much before.
          I really can't see wanting to go back to Thailand until the masks are gone.
          Maybe if I am just going to see the beaches but Phuket beaches are not my favorite.
          Plus i just don't trust the powers that be there in this situation.

Comment

• In countries who are rich enough and fortunate enough to have all the vaccines they need, I absolutely agree the government should cease restrictions and only get involved if people are covidiots and the health care system gets overwhelmed. In poorer countries (look at pretty much the entire continent of Africa) I see the nessesities of restrictions.

Since I've never been to Thailand it will all be new and exciting for me. See the beaches, the temples, go snorkeling, diving, etc. Hotels are cheaper than ever...I've got a 4 star for my first few weeks with an upgraded room at less than $40 per night CAD. I thought about renting a place of my own for a month, but at that price I might just as well stay in hotels. Bangkok might be off limits, but after Phuket i want to spend time in Koh Samui and the hopefully Pattaya. Dunno if they will ever open up the bars there though. Like ever.

Comment

• Lockdowns killed more Canadians under 65 than COVID-19: Statscan

https://tnc.news/2021/07/18/lockdown...d-19-statscan/

The consequences of government-enforced lockdowns killed more Canadians under the age of 65 than the COVID-19 virus itself, according to a report by Statistics Canada.

In a report titled Provisional death counts and excess mortality, the government agency reviewed the number of deaths between January 2020 to April 2021 and concluded that 5,535 Canadians under the age of 65 died because of “indirect consequences” due to the pandemic.

Over the same time period, 1380 Canadians in the same age group died because of COVID-19 itself.

The worst thing is that more lockdowns are probably on the way.
              Seems odd that Covid is the only thing anyone cares about, it is almost creepy.

Covid is not serious, it is proven.
              Most people that died were already dying from something else.
              Just doesn't matter. Why all the lies and Bullshit and undue panic?
              1380 people dying under 65 in Canada is not a pandemic.
              A majority of those over 65 were dying or liable to die anyway.

Comment

• Covid-19 Vaccine Program Director Admits Injection Destroys Immune System
                https://banned.video/watch?id=60f89c07b4c876043c591c8a

Top scientist & Canadian PM announce plan for every person to be forcibly injected 10 times a year!

Comment

• phuket.JPG

https://www.agoda.com/c/phuketsandbo...latform=mobile

Phuket Sandbox

Thailand is re-opening with the Phuket Sandbox, and you can now book your stay on Agoda! Fully vaccinated, qualified travelers can make a clean getaway to the island of Phuket without having to complete the usual quarantine. Learn more about the Phuket Sandbox below, and check with your nearest Thai embassy or consulate-general for the most up-to-date information.

Ready to holiday the right way? Easily search and book your SHA Plus hotel in Phuket on Agoda today!

Phuket Sandbox Useful Information/Terms & ConditionsPhuket Sandbox Useful Information

You are eligible to participate in the Phuket Sandbox if you meet the following requirements:
                  • Fully vaccinated with approved vaccine
                  • Stayed in approved country at least 21 days before traveling to Thailand (Thai nationals/foreign residents need only travel from approved country regardless of time spent there)
                  • Successfully apply for Certificate of Entry (COE) on Thailand's Certificate of Entry Registration System
                    • Documents required for COE (English only):
                      • Passport
                      • Visa, if needed
                      • Vaccination certificate
                      • COVID-19 health insurance of at least USD100,000 for each applicant
                      • Flight booking confirmation
                      • Booking confirmation in SHABA format at SHA Plus and/or Samui Extra Plus hotel(s)
                      • Payment confirmation for COVID-19 tests
                  • Have proof of negative RT-PCR test issued no more than 72 hours before departure
                  Booking Your Stay in Phuket

Vaccinated travelers who meet all requirements to enter Thailand can visit Phuket, Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox program. Easily start your search above to book your certified SHA Plus accommodation. You’ll know you’ve found an approved hotel if the name includes SHA Plus. Once you book your stay, the hotel should contact you to request any required documents. Be sure to prepare additional copies of all your documents and start packing for your journey!

Here’s a look at what to expect during your Phuket Sandbox journey:
                  • Upon arrival at Phuket International Airport:
                    • Check that your body temperature is no more than 37.3 Celsius/99.1 Fahrenheit
                    • Receive mobile phone SIM card and download alert application
                    • Submit proof of COVID-19 health insurance and proof of negative RT-PCR test at quarantine counter
                    • Complete immigration inspection and proceed to arrivals hall with your T.8 form, COE, and booking confirmation for a SHA Plus hotel
                    • Collect your luggage and proceed to Customs
                    • Take your COVID-19 test at the testing facility
                  • Board your approved transportation to your SHA Plus hotel where you will wait for your test results
                  • If you test negative for COVID-19, you can go anywhere in Phuket while strictly following all health and safety regulations and taking all required COVID-19 tests during your stay

Visit the Tourism Authority of Thailand for all the most up-to-date information regarding traveler qualifications and stay requirements in the Phuket Sandbox. As these details can change suddenly and without notice, we strongly advise you to check the site often for all the latest updates.

Sandbox Booking Terms (Please note these may be subject to change)
                  1. Your booking is subject to Agoda’s Terms of use and Privacy Policy together with these special sandbox terms.
                  2. You must make sure that you are eligible to stay, at the relevant accommodation partner, prior to making a booking.
                  3. Please note, information in relation to the requirements and restrictions can be found at the following link and may be subject to change from time to time, which you should check regularly before travel: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/init...huket-sandbox/. .
                  4. Sandbox specific terms – which may be subject to change at any time:
                    • You must be travelling from a permitted country and have been there for at least 21 days prior to arrival in Thailand;
                    • There is no minimum stay in the sandbox locations for travelers staying only in Phuket. But if you plan to travel within Thailand after staying in Phuket, please note that you are not permitted to leave the sandbox island until you have completed fourteen (14) nights;
                    • You need to have pre-paid, and provide evidence of such pre-payment, for your booking and all necessary tests prior to arrival in Thailand;
                    • You need to wait for the accommodation partner to contact you (via email and/or instant messaging tool) with the required code before you apply for certificate of entry (“COE”) to Thailand;
                    • You are solely responsible for applying for and obtaining the COE required for entry, which will need the data received from the accommodation partner via email and/or instant messaging tool;
                    • For those who plan to visit other parts of Thailand after staying in Phuket, each booking in Phuket must have an initial 7-day period at a single accommodation and thereafter you can stay at up to 2 other Phuket accommodation partners for at least another 7 days;
                    • If your booking is one with multiple people on the same booking, you must list all the travelers (according to the passport) in the personal requests section of the booking page.
                    • You are required to download any applications required by the Government upon or before arrival; and
                    • You are required to undergo a COVID-19 test (i.e. the RT-PCR method) at your own expense as follows:
                      • First test upon arrival and wait for the test results in the accommodation;
                      • Subsequent COVID-19 tests as follows:
                        • Guests with the length of stay less than 7 days required to undergo tests on day 6 or 7, or as per Thai Ministry of Public Health guidelines; and
                        • Guests with the length of stays between 10-14 days required to undergo second test on day 6 or 7 and the third test on day 12 or 13, or as per the Thai Ministry of Public Health guidelines.
                  5. If you plan to travel to other parts of Thailand your required length of stay in the sandbox locations will be fourteen (14) nights, or other such duration as may be notified to you from time to time.
                  6. You are responsible for the provision of all documentation required for your booking by the accommodation partner in accordance with the timelines set out by the accommodation partner. Agoda has no responsibility in respect of such documentation and is not responsible for the data privacy practices of the accommodation partner with regards to processing your personal data that you provided to the accommodation partner directly.
                  7. At the time of booking and before you travel, you are responsible for reviewing all special conditions or requirements relating to your booking in advance of your stay (including any pre travel and during stay testing requirements and/or additional costs relating to the sandbox program). Should you have any questions, please reach out directly to the accommodation partner. Please note, failure to adhere to any of these conditions or requirements may impact your booking. Agoda is not responsible for your failure to adhere to any special conditions or requirements.
                  8. The accommodation partner is responsible for advising you regarding the documents that you are required to submit to them relating to your booking (this may include any certificates relating to COVID-19 and/or vaccination), reviewing them, and providing an acknowledgement of their receipt.
                  9. Please ensure you accurately provide your email address, mobile number, and full name (as shown on your national ID or passport) when booking, so that Agoda may provide your contact details to the accommodation partner in order to facilitate direct communication, the sharing of required documents, and any updates on safety instructions relating to COVID-19.
                  10. Agoda is not responsible for facilitating the sharing of any necessary documents between you and the accommodation partner. Agoda cannot advise or decide on what are the appropriate documents necessary for confirming the booking with the accommodation partner which they will be collecting and processing directly.
                  11. Cancellation/amendment policy: You will be informed of the cancellation policy, of the accommodation partner, during the booking process and in the booking confirmation, and this information will be included on your confirmation.
                  12. Cancellation policies may differ between accommodation partners. Please review the relevant cancellation policy before making a booking and prior to starting your trip.
                  13. The waiving of any cancellation fee or additional amendment cost is solely at the accommodation partner’s discretion and is not controlled by Agoda.
                  14. Any refund of the remaining room nights/balance for any reason after the check-in is solely at the accommodation partner’s discretion and is not controlled by Agoda.
                  15. In the event that you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your stay, the following conditions will apply:
                    • You will be transferred to a hospital for treatment and/or isolation;
                    • There is a mandatory 15-day stay at hospital should you test positive for COVID-19;
                    • The accommodation partner will provide a refund for the amount of the unconsumed nights and you will be responsible for any logistics costs relating to you leaving the property – with such costs being agreed with the accommodation partner; and
                    • In the event that any members of your booking (i.e. children or dependents) test positive for COVID-19 during your stay – you will be advised of the Government protocol that will need to be followed.
                  16. Any additional services (including any testing costs as required) may vary and are subject to change by the accommodation partner, the Government and/or the Thai Ministry of Public Health restrictions. Please contact the accommodation partner should you have any queries.
                  17. Additional quarantine restrictions may apply in accordance with the accommodation partner’s safety policy and the Government guidelines.
                  18. Please note, all requirements relating to booking in respect of the sandbox model and these terms are governed by either the Thai Ministry of Public Health and/or the accommodation partners, not Agoda.
                  19. You should check your booking with the accommodation partner before you commence your trip.
                  20. Agoda does not make any warranties or representations in respect of the accommodation partners’ properties being COVID-19 free.

Comment

• In comparison to the Thailand restrictions to enter Phuket compare that to
                    Mexico which only has a health questionaire
                    and
                    Brazil that requires a PCR test and a health questionaire.

I know for a fact that Brazil is not nearly as bad as made out to be in other countries. Most of the panic is politics.
                    Mexico there isn't much problem. In Playa Del Carmen the hospitals were 22% full while I was there.

In Brazil I constantly had my temperature taken and it was always good. Never saw one person of thousands have a high temperature in the 3 months I was there.
                    In Mexcio I had my temperature taken 15 times a day or more. Never did I have a temperature or did I see anyone have a temperature.

Since Thailand has been trying to hide from this they probably haven't built up much herd immunity like Mexico or Brazil.
                    Having Covid is probably more effective protection than these man made "vaccines" so these countries might be safer still than Thailand.
                    Currently Brazil has removed most restrictions. Brazil decided that massive lockdowns and restrictions would destroy the country because most people need to work to survive. People in Brazil have little to fall back on and if the economy collapsed it would probably not recover.
                    Since Thailand is not a democracy they just don't really care what happens to the people as much. I guarantee that the lockdowns in Thailand have done far more harm than covid ever could have. The elite don't care but the rest of the Thai population mostly relies on tourism to prosper.

Also as it is proven that the vaccines do not stop people from getting covid, I'm not sure that a Phuket sandbox can stop a covid outbreak.
                    I fear what would happen to tourists if an outbreak occured in Phuket after it is open.
                    I don't trust the Thai authorities.

Many people told me I was going to die when I went to Brazil. Considering the real death rate of covid this is extremely unlikely I would die from covid.
                    Covid just isn't that serious for most people, especially those under 65.

Canada is letting more people die to save a few others. It just makes no logical sense, just like destroying the economy and small business.

I don't plan to go to Thailand as long as i have to wear a mask and jump through all these hoops.
                    I'll go back to Brazil and Mexico before i ever consider going through all the bullshit in Thailand.
                    I also don't feel like visiting Thailand with a mask. I don't see the point in travelling so far to have all these rules.
                    Plus as said, I don't trust them.

Comment

• Yes, Phuket sandbox could easily go to shit in a hurry. They said they would review things if there were more than 10 cases per day...there were 18 the other day. But weekly average was still under 10. There is a German tourist who jumped through all the hoops and tested negative on arrival, but on her second day she was forced out of her SHA+ resort (that she already paid for) and into an ASQ hotel (it's not called ASQ anymore, maybe AQ?). Anyway, she is required to stay for 14 days and pay somewhere around 42,000 Baht while she quarantines. And why?...because she sat near a guy on the plane who tested positive for covid. I hope they aren't still doing shit like that in September.

My plan B is either Panama or Costa Rica...would have chosen Mexico or Dominican Republic, but since that's hurricane season I'll stay away.

Comment

• Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post
                        Yes, Phuket sandbox could easily go to shit in a hurry. They said they would review things if there were more than 10 cases per day...there were 18 the other day. But weekly average was still under 10. There is a German tourist who jumped through all the hoops and tested negative on arrival, but on her second day she was forced out of her SHA+ resort (that she already paid for) and into an ASQ hotel (it's not called ASQ anymore, maybe AQ?). Anyway, she is required to stay for 14 days and pay somewhere around 42,000 Baht while she quarantines. And why?...because she sat near a guy on the plane who tested positive for covid. I hope they aren't still doing shit like that in September.

My plan B is either Panama or Costa Rica...would have chosen Mexico or Dominican Republic, but since that's hurricane season I'll stay away.
                        After everything the virus just isn't that serious. There is so many more serious diseases they don't care about, it makes no sense.
                        Now it seems the vaccines don't work that well so will Thailand stay closed forever?
                        At some point people have to accept that the virus is here, just like thousands of other viruses.
                        Why is this virus suddenly different?

When more people are dying from lockdowns than covid, you would think people would start to wake up.
                        Thailand is going to lose all their tourism business with this mindless bullshit.
                        That list of rules is so long I can't even read it.

How many times can they quarantine you?
                        If you are in quarantine can you leave the country when your trip is up?
                        That is my concern of being trapped there in a covid merry go round.

Comment

• People are starting to wake up to the tyranny.

https://banned.video/watch?id=60fe836807f48c1074742542

https://banned.video/watch?id=60fe9a65dc258110a0c345cb

Comment

• I was talking to my brother who lives in Toronto and I started thinking about exercising my Canadian passport and visiting the old homeland.

Even for vaccinated people which I am, there are Covid tests and forms to fill out and endless masking and nonstop hysteria etc etc etc. By the time I read all their nonsense I completely lost my will to live along with any desire to visit Canada.

Maybe I will just drive around New England instead and visit all the places we used to live, Calais and Portland, Maine; Concord and Portsmouth, NH; Plymouth, Marion and New Bedford, Mass. Less hassle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Escierto View Post
                              I was talking to my brother who lives in Toronto and I started thinking about exercising my Canadian passport and visiting the old homeland.

Even for vaccinated people which I am, there are Covid tests and forms to fill out and endless masking and nonstop hysteria etc etc etc. By the time I read all their nonsense I completely lost my will to live along with any desire to visit Canada.

Maybe I will just drive around New England instead and visit all the places we used to live, Calais and Portland, Maine; Concord and Portsmouth, NH; Plymouth, Marion and New Bedford, Mass. Less hassle.
                              I only came to Canada because i live here and it's my citizenship and my mom is here.
                              It's ridiculous. Toronto had the worst stupidest longest lockdowns in the world. Toronto had a 1 or 2 week lockdown during SARS, that was a test.
                              People in Canada are too nice, the government just rolls over them and they say sorry.
                              The covid hotel meals will kill you way before covid ever will.

That is the same as Thailand, I have no desire to visit there with 3 pages of instructions just to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X