Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB is there a team in the EPL that doesn't fluctuate much and doesn't tend to sell off its star players? Or that criteria would limited me to the Top 4?

I didn't like the fact that United let Van Nistelrooy go or this is just a fact I have to accept with teams.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• I guess you just have to accept it. The Horse (Van NistelRoy) and Slur Alex had a disagreement so he left. He was getting older anyway so I guess he was expendable. Better to offload someone a year too early than a year too late. It sholdnt bug you Jake as look what happens in free agency.

The bad thing now about the Prem is that there are only a couple or few teams that can actually win it. Years ago, beofre Sky TV you had teams like Derby and Notts Forest winning the League and doing well in Europe. Cannot happen anymore without loads of money. Look at the NFL, any one of 20 teams can be in The Super Bowl....
      Be careful out there!

Comment

• (travis bickle @ Aug. 27 2010,18:28)
        (daveduke007 @ Aug. 27 2010,22:29)  Ive still got relatives in Gillingham  

My Grandfather worked at Chatham Dockyard and my Gran had a Confectionary shop at 12 Skinner Street ( off High St), no longer there I may add  

And if I were asked "Where were you when Elvis died ?"  I can reply at The Strand in Gillingham Kent  
        Oh No Dave-does  that make you a cockney red???
        Nah TB, the Mother and Dad from my Mam's side were Established from Dukinfield and moved to Gillingham (War Years) but my Mam stayed here and I was born and bred in Stockport
        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

• (BlueBallz @ Aug. 27 2010,21:07) BTW TB how much can you afford to lose then?? So you odnt want to bet 30,000 baht, fair enough, but how much to make things interesting??  Or dont you want to step up to the plate??

BTW One D. Boyata (a youth academy product) had a good game last night and even socred a goal
            Well theres a Citeh Fan in my local that has a £20 bet with a few of us Reds who will finish above each other to win the Premiership, funnily enough Citeh were not even mentioned  

AS for your Academy, Dream on  

Manchester Senior Cup
          Ewen Fields, 24 August 2010

MANCHESTER CITY 1
          Nimely (11)

MANCHESTER UNITED 3
          Macheda (38 & 72), Cleverley (75)

Comment

• (BlueBallz @ Aug. 28 2010,04:26) I guess you just have to accept it.  The Horse (Van NistelRoy) and Slur Alex had a disagreement so he left.  He was getting older anyway so I guess he was expendable.  Better to offload someone a year too early than a year too late.  It sholdnt bug you Jake as look what happens in free agency.

The bad thing now about the Prem is that there are only a couple or few teams that can actually win it.  Years ago, beofre Sky TV you had teams like Derby and Notts Forest winning the League and doing well in Europe.  Cannot happen anymore without loads of money.  Look at the NFL, any one of 20 teams can be in The Super Bowl....
            Players coming and going is an inevetability-a good manager offloads in time-rudi had made us too predictable and was actually holding the young guns (rooney and ronnie) from progresing.He didnt exactly start any fires when he went to Real Madrid,did he?
            Sky Tv brought too much money into the game-and the Bosman ruling was a backward step-giving the players too much power.

As for Derby and Notts Forest winning the league-they had possibly the greatest ever English manager in Brian Clough-who broke numerous transfer records incidentally,including paying the first £1 million for a player.

Your "bully" definition is a load of bullocks BB,United are no different from any other team,in fact City have had a worse disciplinary record than United for years.Your problem is you are so obsessed with United ,you cant see anyone else's indiscretions .

By the way-I read Mancini has targeted the eufa cup as a trophy city should win...Juve may have other ideas.
            As I said before BB,a bet is a completely impractical proposition,because we would have to wait at least 4(?) years for the result....

Did you manage to read any of your former player's comments BB?-Stephen Ireland tore City a new one last week,describing the players as "flash-harrys" more interested in fancy cars and expensive watches than being part of a sucessful football club...things aren't going well at Wastelands.

You can't compare the prem league with the NFL.The NFL is indeed more egalitarian-but who wants to watch that shit game anyway.If it was any good ,they would play it worldwide.

Comment

• United was right to let VanGoal go..

As for his impact at Real (getting them the league and becoming primera and club first striker is no impact....?)

And really,even though i am from the Netherlands and admit to being biased,how the freaking hell could you not like Dutch players.....or the Dutch team for that matter (apart from the current squad,who we all LOVE because the get such good result but who admittedly whored themself out to a more realistic continental style of play...)

As for Van,i liked him and still do though there isnt really a big adoration factor since he is still a PSV player and really didnt deliver any proper glory at United (perhaps not his fault though a fact nonetheless)....

Anyways Jack....what kind of Footballers (nationality) do you like then (and please dont say Brazilian because that might just be the lamest answer ever)...

As for the draw,where going to get screwed but hopefully we can down those Frenchies (need to play a whole lot better but arena finally has some proper atmosphere).

As for a salerycap structure,totally agree blue Ballz....but it would be extremely difficult to manage with the current ''political''situation surrounding the clubs....Plus it strikes me as kind of funny that you,who embraced the oil dollars should preach financial equality now....some nerve actually

Hope Balotelli scores a hattrick against Juve though...would be interesting if that would shut them up...

Comment

• Thank you but its Jake. I'll stick to English and German football because they play cleanly for the most part. As for Brazilian, I don't generally like South American football because quite often they play dirty and are not sportsmen.

Saw the highlight of the guy that stepped on another player's face with his cleats to make him bleed because his team was losing?

How about the Brazilian player that by accident deflected the ball into his own goal and then committed an ugly foul vs the Netherlands in the WC? Or how Mexico reacted to Argentina in the round of 16 game in this years WC.

Lets not forget Argentina fouling Germany every chance they got in the 1990 WC final.

The only exception for me is Uruguay this time around.. they played with heart. Some claim they cheated when Suarez sacrificed himself but I'll ask you this.. would you do any different if you were him for your team and country?

But I've been a fan of English Football for 24 years now and seen some great players over the years like Gary Linekar, Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne, Steven Gerrard, David Beckham, Paul Scholes. I may have left a few good players off the list by chance.

The best german player I ever saw in my humble opinion... Jurgen Klinsmann.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• Spurs vs Wigan looks interesting, Wigan almost scored hitting the crossbar.

Comment

• Wigan getting 3 points at Spurs was surprising. I think they were the better team but they squandered so many chances.

Berbatov had a great goal in the United game.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch Liverpool this week, its on FSP.

Comment

• Spurs 0 Wigan 1-this is whats grat about football and sport in general, the upsets. Wish The Prem had more like the NFL. I am obsessed TB. Who has a banner referring to thier rivals inside their stadium??? In a way, I am pleased with the draw in the UEFA Cup. Two games v Juve and a chance to shut up Buffon. Its a disgrace but UEFA ALREADY had to warn Juve about its fans racist behaviour. Thats incredibly sad.

About Steve Ireland. Heres a kid who has had one really good season, made A TON of money, and he has the balls to talk about City and its money?? Talk about being a hypocrite. Isnt this the guy with the FISH TANK FFS worth tens of thousands of pounds?? He has car worth over 100,000 pounds. Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. UCMIU!!!

I have called for a salary cap for YEARS after the Bosman ruling but its totally impracticle to enforce. It works for the NFL because its really the only place for players to play American Football. The NFL is run so much better than any other league in the world its untrue. If you dont wish to watch it TB, fine. No one is going to point a gun at your head to watch it. I never understood the draw of cricket but I would NEVER be critical of people who enjoy it. Thats why Baskin Robbins makes 31 different flavors. IMHO it would be a much better league, week in and week out, if more teams could win. Heys its a fact that money plays a huge role. If you dont have pots full of it, you arent going to get NEAR the top 4.

As far as UNpredictablity goes, shock of shock Stretford Reds get a penalty ofr its first goal-EGADS!!!!! Double shocker-Trafford Town get a cushy draw in the League Cup and the Chimps League!!!!!

LOVE THE GLAZERS, HATE UNITED!!!
                      Be careful out there!

Comment

• Forgot to add that many moons ago, before Sky TV, Everton had a good run winning the title. Aston Villa did as well and went on to win the European Cup. Fat chance of a club like that rising up and doing it now WITHOUT MEGAbucks. Randy Lerner is filthy rich but even he doesnt have that kind of money.
                        Be careful out there!

Comment

• (BlueBallz @ Aug. 29 2010,04:14) Spurs 0 Wigan 1-this is whats grat about football and sport in general, the upsets.  Wish The Prem had more like the NFL.  I am obsessed TB.  Who has a banner referring to thier rivals inside their stadium???  

About Steve Ireland.  Heres a kid who has had one really good season, made A TON of money, and he has the balls to talk about City and its money??  Talk about being a hypocrite.  Isnt this the guy with the FISH TANK FFS worth tens of thousands of pounds??  He has car worth over 100,000 pounds.  Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle.  UCMIU!!!

I have called for a salary cap for YEARS after the Bosman ruling but its totally impracticle to enforce.  It works for the NFL because its really the only place for players to play American Football.  The NFL is run so much better than any other league in the world its untrue.  If you dont wish to watch it TB, fine.  No one is going to point a gun at your head to watch it.  I never understood the draw of cricket but I would NEVER be critical of people who enjoy it.  Thats why Baskin Robbins makes 31 different flavors.  IMHO it would be a much better league, week in and week out, if more teams could win. Heys its a fact that money plays a huge role.  If you dont have pots full of it, you arent going to get NEAR the top 4.

As far as UNpredictablity goes, shock of shock Stretford Reds get a penalty ofr its first goal-EGADS!!!!!  Double shocker-Trafford Town get a cushy draw in the League Cup and the Chimps League!!!!!

LOVE THE GLAZERS, HATE UNITED!!!
                          wellBB,I feel I have to answer your latest outburst ,even tho' its becoming a little tiresome,even for me,so what about the other people on here who dont follow United or City.

Y our post started off well,wigan were deserved winners at Spurs,and it that sort of result that makes football so entertaining.

Then you went straight into rant mode...OF COURSE we have a banner in our ground reminding the world that City have won nothing for 35 years...we love to take the piss out of Bitters every opportunity we get,so of course we do it.
                          If you weren't such spectacular failures-then the banner would not exist would it?

Yes Stephen Ireland has no class when it comes to fish tanks and customised bentley cars,but he's the best footballer thats come thru the ranks at City for years,and to let him go as a makeweight in a transfer was a disgrace.Milner is not even as good a player IMO.

As balibeachboy pointed out,for you to talk about salary caps is ridiculous considering the oscene salary being paid by City to the Barcelona reject Toure for example-£150,000 per week AFTER tax.

Craig Bellamy,your arguably best player last season has just signed for Cardiff ,but City continue to pay him £50,000 per week for the next 3 years! Robinho has been in Brazil for the last 6 months,being paid £70,000 per week by City to play for a Brazilian team.They want the money ,but they dont want to play for such a MASSIVE club!

Word on the street is Adebayor now wants away,so he can claim £70,000 per week off City also,but pursue his mercenary career in Spain or Italy.
                          City are now the laughing stock of the footballing world,paying fortunes in salaries to players who no longer play for them!

What thoughts have you on those points BB?

Finally-are you saying United's first goal today was not a valid penalty?

How on earth could United "fix" it to get an "easy" draw in the champions league/or the carling cup?
                          You really are delusional-NO SERIOUSLY,you are.

Comment

• Amen to that Travis.....

Though i must admit,i kind of enjoy Blue rants....as long as he also knows there a bit silly

As for Jake (isnt it always an abbreviation of Jack....meaning i just was being polite ) surely you dont mean to create the illusion that English and German players dont play like proper bastards to win....

I loved English football and there players all my life (admittedly not a very long spell yet but nonetheless) and i always support English religiously in international tournaments after my own country (you can imagine how much grief this has cause me with my friends,who frankly think most players are both chronic under achiever and in generally lacking proper technical skill) and appreciate the winning mentality of the Germans and there recent ''tempting'' team.

But the fact that everybody,in Germany as well,credits a Dutch coach for being the inspiration in the overall over the German playing style (not to mention being mostly responsible for introducing the young players that are the future of german football),that Spain philosophy is Barca inspired and there is for a big part Dutch inspired and that such a small country always seems to punsh above its wait,must count for something.

I know we have certain player that might acts a bit south european at times (Robben diving,van Bommels talking though mostly German inspired) but being put of by the recent professionalism of the Dutch team is a little strange to me because England hardly ever play pretty football,john Terry always ends up making some butchers challenge,Scholes idem (though i love him to bits....the only ginger i would ever profess love for ) and dont get started about Gazza's on and off field antics ....That say that England are always hard but far is some sort of strange illusion and frankly a insult of the intelligence of the English players.

That being said,if you dont like the Dutch or anyone else for that matter,good bless and let and let life

Comment

• [QUOTE]Then you went straight into rant mode...OF COURSE  we have a banner in our ground reminding the world that City have won nothing for 35 years...we love to take the piss out of Bitters every opportunity we get,so of course we do it.
                               If you weren't such spectacular failures-then the banner would not exist would it?"

It reminds to back in 2001 when a "Party" was booked at Maine Road for over 250 people

I luckily had got a Ticket and was looking forward to it immensely until on the day of the Party MCFC informed us that they had to cancel the room due to a Flood in the Suites.

Yeah Right, MCFC had rumbled us for the reason for the Party  

It was to be a "25 Year Anniversary" Party attended by 250 Man United fans celebrating Citeh winning "fuck all" for 25 years and doing it in their Stadium too  

Now that would really have been "taking the piss"  

Comment

• 2 weeks wages down the pan for Super Mario
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X