Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here.

If I had to pick my 11, I'd pick it like this because they'd play good as a team:

Miroslav Klose (best player for heading in crosses)
    Pele (over Ronaldo by a nose)
    Garrincha (right wing)
    Lionel Messi (left wing)
    Eric Cantona
    Lothar Matthaus
    Phillip Lahm
    Andreas Brehme
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Roberto Carlos
    Sergio Goychechea (far from legendary, but what he did in the 1990 world cup, still makes me think he's the 1 I would take over Buffon)

I skipped a lot of the greats to go with my gut feeling. and I used a 4- 2 - 3 - 1 formation. 4 being defense.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(DexterH @ Jun. 17 2010,16:49) I don't know how Peter Shilton can be described as a legend when he never saved a penalty in his career and was instrumental in helping England lose to West Germany in Italia 90.

How about this one:

Which nation withdrew from a World Cup after qualifying when they were told by FIFA they could not play barefoot?
      I think it is India although i wouldn't know for sure unless I Googled it! Is it?

Comment

India actually qualified? Aren't they too hung up on cricket or something?

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Yes Grinder, it was India, but the barefoot excuse is not true. Hard to believe that a nation of a billion can't do better but China doesnt do well either. For the anoraks, the details are here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_n..._football_team
          Dexter Hines

Comment

Another question....who were the first foreign team to beat England ,in England? PS it wasn't the Hungarians!

Republic of Ireland beat England 2-0 at Goodison Parl in 1949, Roy Keane was captain...
            Dexter Hines

Comment

(DexterH @ Jun. 19 2010,20:11) Another question....who were the first foreign team to beat England ,in England?  PS it wasn't the Hungarians!

Republic of Ireland beat England 2-0 at Goodison Parl in 1949, Roy Keane was captain...
              Correct!-Johnny Carey was the captain,also captain of Manchester United.

Comment

Working...
              X