X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saskatchewan Roughrider Thread

As I look through the sport forum I do not see mention of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football club.
    The are the pride of the Canadian Football League and one of the great sports franchises of all time!
    Known the world around for having the best fans anywhere. (Probably because it is the only professional sport in Saskatchewan)

Regardless of their small population they still fill their own stadium and all the other stadiums in the league.
    Last year they won the Grey Cup Championship.
    This year they have struggled due to the departure of their Star Running Back Corey Sheets to the NFL.
    They have had inconsistent play at running back for the first few games but now have brought in veteran Will Ford who is working out nicely.
    They are still looking good to repeat as champions.

Saskatchewan_Roughriders_1985_Logo.gif
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Definitely the most amazing fans of the CFL, and most likely any football fans! Saskatchewan fans are known to drive 100's of miles to see a game (even the away games). I am a Calgary Stampeder fan - while they have been near the top of the league many of the past seasons, they seem to choke when it comes to championship games. Hopefully this will be remedied soon!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

It appears it is both of your jobs to educate us Yanks...I don't get any CFL on my TV...You have to search for the CFL on the ESPN site...

I don't know what the rules are, but a lot of young guys from the USA play on your teams....

I know the field is larger and the teams have fewer downs to make a 1st and that translates to a pass happy league I would guess...which likely makes for high scores...Yanks like high scores....

Seems we all have our own version...I like Aussie Rules Football...defo not for sissies...

So please tell us all about the CFL..........................
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Originally posted by kahuna View Post
        It appears it is both of your jobs to educate us Yanks...I don't get any CFL on my TV...You have to search for the CFL on the ESPN site...

I don't know what the rules are, but a lot of young guys from the USA play on your teams....

I know the field is larger and the teams have fewer downs to make a 1st and that translates to a pass happy league I would guess...which likely makes for high scores...Yanks like high scores....

Seems we all have our own version...I like Aussie Rules Football...defo not for sissies...

So please tell us all about the CFL..........................
        Well then you probably didn't know that the Canadian football league expanded to the USA at one time.
        The Vegas Posse
        Sacramento Gold Miners
        Baltimore Stallions
        San Antonio Texans
        Birmingham Barracudas
        Memphis Mad Dogs
        Shreveport Pirates

They all eventually folded but Baltimore did win the championship one year.
        But then they got an NFL team back.

Yes there is 3 downs and a wider field and longer field (110 yards) so there is alot more passing than the NFL.
        Plus there is also one more man on the field than the NFL.
        Those are the major differences.

At one time Wayne Gretzky and John Candy bought the Toronto Argonauts and hired Rahib Rocket Ismail away from the NFL.
        This was the birth of the Marquee player and allowed some top stars to play in Canada.
        Doug Flutie came up and played in Canada and his style was perfect for the league, he stayed for years.
        His brother Darren Flutie was already a receiver in the CFL.
        Warren Moon was one of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks who honed his skills in Edmonton where they one 6 consecutive championships.
        The NFL wouldn't accept black players at quarterback and only offered Moon running back positions. He chose the CFL so he could play QB.
        The REAL run and shoot offence was crafted in Edmonton with Warren Moon. They needed him in Houston to execute it later.

138e9bbb22af9236c198c1f535ef61899cb61211.jpg

The CFL is great for good players than cannot make the NFL.
        They can come up to Canada and play football and sometimes have another chance to get into the NFL by their play.
        Each team is required to have a certain number of Canadian players however.
        The official source of CFL news, opinion, video highlights, schedules, scores, stats, game day coverage and more.

The league slogan used to be "We have bigger balls" because we used a bigger Spalding J5V as compared to the smaller US football.
        Now they have come out with a slimmer CFL ball that is not too much bigger than the NFL standard.

Saskatchewan Roughriders are known to have the worlds greatest fans.
        They are the smallest market for a professional sports team anywhere in North America.
        The city of Regina where they are based is only 200,000 people, yet they always sell out a stadium of 60,000
        WarrenMoon2.jpg
        austin-kent-071127-thumb-620xauto-337194.jpg

Of course the Saskatchewan Mascot Gainer the Gopher.

ridersstamps073011-14-e1314738353245.jpg
        GainerVsSlide_zps45bdea48.jpg
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Here is a good summary of the differences between the CFL and NFL: CFL vs NFL.

There is definitely a lot more passing in the CFL, a few other rule differences make for interesting action as well: a 5 yard buffer zone is allowed for a punt returner, which makes for more exciting punt returns than in the NFL. Infringement of the 5 yard zone will result in a penalty (10 yards, if I remember correctly). A missed field goal can also be run back by the defending team, which can lead to a defensive touchdown.

If you can catch a Canadian football game (especially playoff football), on the tube or via streaming site, give it a try. You may find it more exciting than an NFL game.

Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread

Comment

Rider fans are everywhere!

Hi all...I'm new to the forums and had a laugh when I found this thread. Unexpected to say the least.

One thing not previously mentioned was that our fans are noted for wearing watermelons on their heads. (It goes with the green and white colours of the club).

Unknown.jpg

Go Riders!!

Comment

i hope you guy excuse me for knowing fuck all about american and canadian football, it's bad enough over here, you have to understand Gaelic football, hurling, scoccer and rugby, i need to lie down.
              i love t-girls

Comment

In Canada our National sport is Lacrosse

even though we are hockey maniacs.

Attached Files
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crag View Post
                  Well then you probably didn't know that the Canadian football league expanded to the USA at one time.
                  The Vegas Posse
                  Sacramento Gold Miners
                  Baltimore Stallions
                  San Antonio Texans
                  Birmingham Barracudas
                  Memphis Mad Dogs
                  Shreveport Pirates
                  Damn...I did know that...I even went to a couple of the Sacramento games....Forgive my very old memory...That musta been over 20 years ago...They had to play on the California University at Sacramento field though and I may be wrong but I don't think it was stretched to Canadian football field size...As I now recall these many years later, it was well attended...

Thanks for the reminder...Brought back a good memory or two................
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Originally posted by kahuna View Post
                    Damn...I did know that...I even went to a couple of the Sacramento games....Forgive my very old memory...That musta been over 20 years ago...They had to play on the California University at Sacramento field though and I may be wrong but I don't think it was stretched to Canadian football field size...As I now recall these many years later, it was well attended...

Thanks for the reminder...Brought back a good memory or two................
                    I think Sacramento was the best US franchise.
                    David Archer was quarterback and MVP at least one year, i believe.
                    Baltimore was super hungry for football but we knew it couldn't last there.
                    I think maybe that wasn't long after the USFL folded so there was a lot of players floating around.

The CFL is more solid now and re-expanding again in Canada to 9 teams again with Ottawa.
                    If we could just get one more team it would be great, Halifax Nova Scotia may join someday.

Apparently they are going to try hockey in Las Vegas, we will see.
                    I guess Celine Dion can sing the national anthems.
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The Western Conference is looking quite strong, but once again the Eastern Conference is weak, perhaps the worst it's ever been. Calgary is once again leading the west, but hopefully they won't choke when the playoffs start. Edmonton and Saskatchewan are also looking good, but QB injuries may hurt their chances depending on how long they are out.

Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
                        The Western Conference is looking quite strong, but once again the Eastern Conference is weak, perhaps the worst it's ever been. Calgary is once again leading the west, but hopefully they won't choke when the playoffs start. Edmonton and Saskatchewan are also looking good, but QB injuries may hurt their chances depending on how long they are out.
                        Saskatchewan lost their starting quarterback Darian Durant for the remainder of the season.
                        He will be hard to replace especially with his scrambling skills.
                        Shouldn't be a problem since the defense is owning people. They will probably set a record for sacks this year.
                        They had over 10 sacks in the first game of the year!
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

That's bad luck for Saskatchewan. Few teams have the luxury of a reliable back up quarterback. The major thing would be that he returns in time for the playoffs. If he misses any of the playoff games, then it is extremely bad for Saskatchewan.

Their defense is good, but they still need offense to win the Grey Cup. Calgary is still looking good, but as always the playoffs will be the proof if they really are. This may be the first year 2 western conference teams end up in the final.

With the poor state of the Eastern Conference, there will be a western team that crosses over that may win the Eastern playoffs.

Membership Levels
                          The Rookie Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
                            That's bad luck for Saskatchewan. Few teams have the luxury of a reliable back up quarterback. The major thing would be that he returns in time for the playoffs. If he misses any of the playoff games, then it is extremely bad for Saskatchewan.

Their defense is good, but they still need offense to win the Grey Cup. Calgary is still looking good, but as always the playoffs will be the proof if they really are. This may be the first year 2 western conference teams end up in the final.

With the poor state of the Eastern Conference, there will be a western team that crosses over that may win the Eastern playoffs.
                            It's on this weekend Rxpharm
                            Calgary plays Saskatchewan this Sunday
                            Saskatchewan is suffering badly with their new quarterbacks
                            last week Saskatchewan scored zero points against Edmonton

Calgary has a good chance
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                            X