X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ozzie @ Jul. 17 2007,16:40)
    Great idea.  Why don't we just close the board down, so we don't risk repeating anything that's already been said and can be found using the search function.  
    I think you are missing the point  
    I wasn't missing the point.  But apparently you missed the point.  Forums like this are notorious for often repeated questions.  People like you who jump in at the beginning of a thread and quote the search feature have become a fixture in forums that repeatedly annoy me.  New people come and go, new insights can be spoken, new stories can be mentioned, new things not said before by new people who werent around before can be included here.  Using your logic, this forum should be shut down today and a big search box should be put on the home page instead.  Thats the point you missed.  Everything has already been said before.  Nothing is new.  But its a discussion forum so you talk about things over and over from different angles with different people whove had different experiences and can give unique input.  And 100% of the time I do a search, my specific question is not answered.  Maybe a portion of it is addressed but the main question isn't.  So I ask again.  If you want to avoid people asking questions that you are sick of seeing, step up and create a FAQ thread and sticky it at the top so people can get the answers they're looking for without annoying you.

why should people waste their time if you are just too lazy to search?
    Or maybe you're just too lazy to type something interesting. In my book there is nothing more annoying than "the guy who sits on a forum and tells people to use the search function". If you're going to have no other function here than to bitch about it, you should close the board down, like I said, because EVERYTHING is being repated in some fashion.

Comment

1) Depends on the girl. Some of them have great style and turn heads everywhere. Some are fashion disasters.
      2) Depends on the hotel - Most do take the ID, and it is for your protection. Don't worry about it.
      Your are the one millionth guy to take a LB into the hotel.
      3) Why would one drive from Bangkok to Phuket its close to 20 hours. FLY
      ( BTW - Weather in Phuket sucks right now, and beaches are closed for swimming )
      4) Thats an insanely high number, what box of cereal did you read it off of ?
      5) Its a joke test
      6) Yes - and there are clinics in town
      7) look in the Bangkok hotel thread. I would stay at President Solitaire. Not withing walking distance
      but great hotel/rooms
      8) Everyone in Thailand is a working girl.If you are talking about LB, its hit and miss. Narcisus and Bed
      often have a few.

Don't make plans !
      its the same same repetitive questions but am glad I took the time to read abit of it otherwise I would never of heard of the president solitaire. I googled it and had a look and it looks great, was going to book a premier suite for a few nights at 2999baht a night, but before I book it could someone (snick) tell me if there is a joiners fee?

Comment

(mardhi @ Jul. 18 2007,02:26) Answers as follows:
        Thank you for taking the time to give your personal take on everything.  You have clearly violated the search guys obsession with filling this thread with whiney complaints rather than productive discussion. And I appreciate it

Comment

Im still interested in hearing if any of the clubs have upstairs rooms, and if so, which ones - LB or regular girls ... either one .... I did search for this and did not find the answer, so dont start yelling.

Comment

Guess Bar has rooms upstairs (well they are not there rooms, but they might as well be based on volume of use). All the Ladyboys anywhere know where nearby short time hotel are located. Typically about 300-500b for 2/3 hours use of room

Cheers
            Mardhi

Comment

Bam did already mentioned short-time rooms in answer to this question
              You are rarely far away from these in Thailand. These are basically rooms that you hire by the hour (well, 2 hours is more like it) so you don't need to go back to your hotel with your "date"

there is one in Nana plaza itself. There is also one above the Guess Bar (nicest rooms of any short-time hotel I've eveer seen).

I believe Club 131 in Pattaya has short-time rooms and I know that STringfellows (same street) does too. I think all the bars in Soi 6 have them (this is a street of short-time joints including Hi Boss - a LB club)

There are many others dotted around Bangkok and Pattaya.

Just ask the LB you're with - they will know the nearest one
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

(PizzaOverdose @ Jul. 18 2007,05:47) I wasn't missing the point.  But apparently you missed the point.  Forums like this are notorious for often repeated questions.  People like you who jump in at the beginning of a thread and quote the search feature have become a fixture in forums that repeatedly annoy me.  New people come and go, new insights can be spoken, new stories can be mentioned, new things not said before by new people who werent around before can be included here.  Using your logic, this forum should be shut down today and a big search box should be put on the home page instead.  Thats the point you missed.  Everything has already been said before.  Nothing is new.  But its a discussion forum so you talk about things over and over from different angles with different people whove had different experiences and can give unique input.  And 100% of the time I do a search, my specific question is not answered.  Maybe a portion of it is addressed but the main question isn't.  So I ask again.  If you want to avoid people asking questions that you are sick of seeing, step up and create a FAQ thread and sticky it at the top so people can get the answers they're looking for without annoying you.

why should people waste their time if you are just too lazy to search?
                Or maybe you're just too lazy to type something interesting.  In my book there is nothing more annoying than "the guy who sits on a forum and tells people to use the search function".  If you're going to have no other function here than to bitch about it, you should close the board down, like I said, because EVERYTHING is being repated in some fashion.
                You certainly did miss the point. I never said new questions should not be posted nor additional information on old topics so maybe you should re-read what I said.

It is standard practice on any forum to search for your answers first before posting questions  

So if you are too lazy search why should you expect people to take the time to answer your questions? Of course questions will get repeated but those that do search will often find their answers so that they do not get repeated too many times. If you have a completely new spin on an old topic then sure post a new question. However nothing you posted was new or some alternative view on anything old  

To assume I sit here and tell people to search all the time means you clearly have read nothing on this forum  

So if you don't like the way this forum operates then don't use it. I am sure you wont be missed.

Comment

I'll miss him...I like to see the new guy get flamed...especially when he pours gasoline all over himself...
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

eard of the president solitaire. I googled it and had a look and it looks great, was going to book a premier suite for a few nights at 2999baht a night, but before I book it could someone (snick) tell me if there is a joiners fee?
                    I have stayed there before without joiners fee, and I doubt it has changed.

I always confirm a booking by fax, and I list what I want on the fax...dates, type of room, etc....and always say "No joiners fee"non the fax. Then you have something in writing if they try to charge you

Be careful os that 2999 price. The PS and its sister hotel then add VAT plus service charge on top, so it is not 2999 any more. Check the booking conditions. I refuse to use hotels that have that pricing policy, because I immediately think what else are they going to charge on top

Nice hote, no doubt. Suggest you also look at the Dynasty Inn Grande (not the Dynasty Inn)
                    Mister Arse

Comment

(tommy1983 @ Jul. 18 2007,03:51) I googled it and had a look and it looks great, was going to book a premier suite for a few nights at 2999baht a night, but before I book it could someone (snick) tell me if there is a joiners fee?
                      No joiner fees the last time I was there, and one thing I really noticed was the staff was 'nice' to my guests. Not indifferent, certainly not rude, but actually pleasant.

The only (small) drawback is the location its at the far end of the soi and you will need to take a taxi ,or during the day their free shuttle to Sukhemvit
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I don't get this. Why is PizzaOverdose getting flamed?

This forum is called "New Members.....and old questions". His stuff is exactly what I would expect to see in here, and if I don't want to help answer old questions, surely it is me that should not be in this forum, not PizzaOverdose?

It seems a bit unfair to entice people into this forum with the title, they do exactly what the title suggests, then they get hammered. What am I missing?

And several of us, including Ozzie, have suggested a FAQ for a looooong time. At the top of this forum would be thr ight place to put it
                        Mister Arse

Comment

And where did he get flamed or hammered?  

He gave everyone a laundry list...Eight questions each of which would require a full thread to answer...and never says please or thank you in the original post...then adds a few more questions...Several guys actually try to answer his questions...

And then he gets angry when several others suggest that he do a search first...

But perhaps I just missed it...
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

This search issue gets hammered every time. It seems to make sense to me that people do a search first before asking questions. If questions run at a tangent from an existing thread and are likely to enhance the knowledge database on that topic then they are welcome.

Outside of forums if there was a place to go for free widgets that benefited all users the contributors would soon become frustrated with people who simply took widgets away and never added any in.

PizzaOverdose you could do with a touch of humility. Any way you cut it, simply opening up with 8 questions that have entered your head regarding an upcoming trip is bloody thoughtless. That people take time to actually answer them in order is a high recommendation for using this forum and trying to fit into the way in which it is intended to work.

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time

Comment

(Stewart @ Jul. 18 2007,11:41) I don't get this. Why is PizzaOverdose getting flamed?

This forum is called "New Members.....and old questions". His stuff is exactly what I would expect to see in here, and if I don't want to help answer old questions, surely it is me that should not be in this forum, not PizzaOverdose?

It seems a bit unfair to entice people into this forum with the title, they do exactly what the title suggests, then they get hammered. What am I missing?

And several of us, including Ozzie, have suggested a FAQ for a looooong time. At the top of this forum would be thr ight place to put it
                              Guilty as charged.

I am sure though that it has been moved in here since I started posting?

I agree with the flaming in the New Members forum and that we should be a little more helpful, however I still think it is standard etiquette to do a search first before posting. An FAQ would probably stop many of the same old questions from being asked I think.

Comment

Guilty as charged.
                                I am sure though that it has been moved in here since I started posting?

If it was in another forum, flame away!
                                I agree with the flaming in the New Members forum and that we should be a little more helpful, however I still think it is standard etiquette to do a search first before posting. An FAQ would probably stop many of the same old questions from being asked I think.
                                Yep. Oi SB...get off your arse and get this fixed please
                                Mister Arse

Comment

Working...
                                X