X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

New member here. How is every one doing today?
    Just reading through some of the post and threads at random so glad I have found this place. A wealth of information and tips. Of course I have not had a chance to read everything or find the answer to my questions somewhere on here. So I am going to ask this question and forgive me if it has been answered before.
    I have been working a lot the last three to four years and I think it's time I took a couple of months off.
    When is the best time to visit Thailand for guys like us. I am not going there for sight seeing unless I find the right partner while I am there then why not.
    I have heard the high season months are from January to March which is when I had originally planned to go. But I am thinking although the weather would be the most ideal in those months finding rooms in hotels might be hard besides, is it really a good idea to travel to Thailand when bars streets and hotels are loaded with tourists. Maybe I am being selfish but hey less people more for me or at least much easier and everything else less expensive.
    What does everyone think?
    Yes it will be my first time in Thailand for this purpose.
    What do I have in mind? Come what may.. bars, streets, or just meet someone in a store or a hair salon... just have a good time.
    Many thanks in advance
    Cheers

Hey Tropicalz, welcome to the forums.
    The main reason January to March is the high season is that is winter in many other countries and Thailand is beautiful at this time.
    Thailand in the winter is hot but not too hot like other times of year. Also it does not rain much in the winter, while it rains constantly May - October.
    So actually from November through April it tends to stay quite dry and the whether is pretty good for vacationing.
    However if you do go in other months there can be very good deals on hotels and everything but it may rain up to 50% of the time, especially mid summer.

Many of us like to go in November for the Ladyboy volleyball tournament in Pattaya.
    https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboa...vember-11-2017
    The Miss International Queen competition is usually the same weekend in pattaya also. This is also kind of the kick off to the high season in Pattaya and many of the ladyboys are coming back to work for the season at this time. So November and December tend to be a little cheaper and less classic tourist crowds, or April and May are fine too.
    Later in the season though you may find the ladyboys heading back home for farming season around this time.

Bangkok is great for ladyboys, however if you are going for a couple months then Pattaya is probably a better place to stay to immerse yourself in ladyboys.
    Pattaya has the most ladyboys per square inch and the prices for accommodation and almost everything else is cheaper than Bangkok.
    Although the beauty of Thailand is there is ladyboys almost everywhere so you can travel a bit and still be able to get your fill of kathoey.
    Phuket and the islands are beautiful but can be the most tourist ridden with high prices, and the ladyboys scene is not what it once was.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Hi Tropicalz!! If I could I'd be there right now Miss Tiffany Universe is on August 25th that would be worth the trip in itself!! This time of year everything is a little quieter and cheaper once you go to Pattaya you will be hooked !! ladyboys or Girl girls you will have a blast !! There is no bad time to go it is what you make it just follow Crag and the others tips on money exchanging, restaurants & bars to go to!! take some ladyboys over to koh Lan take them on jet skis they'll love you!!! You gotta experience it!!! Good Luck!!

Comment

Thanks for the great responses. Crag I really appreciate your detailed answer. You answered my questions and more. The problem is I don't think I can leave this coming November but I will try my best to see I could make it possible. Waiting another year and two months is just too long.
        Outlander thank you so much for encouragement. From your and Crag's tips I can tell I need to dig up more information from this forum before my departure. It seems that I am in the right place and you are all very nice and helpful. I guess we Ladyboy admirers understand one another's feelings the best. I believe the path to get here for us all more or less has been similar stories. I am however very happy to be here and thankful for Thailand :-) and this forum/you guys.
        Is Koh Lan near Pattaya? I am not sure if I want to jet ski myself although I am perfectly healthy water sports never been my thing but I will gladly treat them to it if it makes them happy and thanks so much for the tip.

Yes I need to find out more information about exchanging money, where to stay where to eat what not to eat, how to treat ladyboys (i am sure there is no limit as to how generous one can be).
        Can you please if it's ok guide me to a link for money exchange, food and where to stay both in Pattaya and Bangkok. My budget is max $40-45 CAD as I am planning on staying there for a month or maybe longer.
        I appreciate it greatly
        thanks again for excellent responses gentlemen
        cheers

Comment

Just check the Travel information forum there is hotel information and restaurant threads too.
          Also various threads of exchanging and transferring money.

The general consensus is changing your money in Thailand is cheapest.
          So usually the best thing to do is take your home currency and exchange it when you get there.
          There is ATMs everywhere in Thailand so you can leave it in there and take it out in Thailand.
          You just pay for transactions which will eat into your over all exchange rate.
          I tend to take some cash and leave the rest in the bank.
          I have more than one bank account in Canada in case one gets cut off.
          Other people like to take everything as cash only, with the obvious dangers to that.

In Bangkok there is tons of cheaper hotels around the Nana (Sukhumvit Soi 4) area which you can find by searching on agoda.com in the Sukhumvit area.
          Pattaya is full of cheaper hotels even more than Bangkok.
          The A one star hotel is about $30 Cad and near the beach and no charge for guests.
          A-ONE Hotels, discover true luxury and comfort.Luxury and comfort is not something you buy out of the shelve, true luxury and comfort is a feeling of being yourself,

I stayed at the 4 star hotel next door.

Another decent cheap hotel in Pattaya is the Dynasty, you can also get cheap transportation there if you stay at their Bangkok hotels.

In either place if you are staying for longer periods you may want to be looking for condos or long term places.
          The view talay condos in Pattaya are a good example.

Along with the price of the hotel you also have to consider if they have a joiner fee.
          The joiner fee is usually up to 1000 baht that a hotel will charge to bring a guest home.
          Often they only allow 2 guests maximum.

As far as eating, go easy on the spices and don't eat raw stuff.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Thanks again Crag. I am starting to think of you as the Wiki-Crag of this forum, You sound very experienced and knowledgeable, you have great taste in ladyboys and you give great advices. I would love to have you as my wing man on my trip even if it is for one day so I could pick your brain even more. I am beginning to think that maybe I should leave this November and stay there until the new year. hmmmmmm (thinking)

Comment

Working...
            X