X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G protocal vs WIFI

This follows on from this forum topic...  https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin...;t=26394;st=60

Running android 2.1 on my galaxy S. Software was updated to the final Australian samsung release.

When using optus/virgin 3G phone network.... cookies still wont work for TLF nor does mobile.bloomberg.com format correctly even after the software upgrade.

I just test both TLF and bloomberg with the galaxy S connected to my adsl router and not a 3G phone network.

Result.... TLF and bloomberg work as they should  

Reverted to 3G .. problem reoccurs...

Switched sim cards to another carrier using 3G... working again!!!

Problem seems to be with the optus/virgin carrier not the phone  

Any thoughts from the tech gurus??

Azza

A worthy trip report

Hmmm... Now that is a strange set of circumstances.

Why would web rendering work differently with different carriers or connection protocols?

I can understand different browsers...
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Test post connected via wifi- before id be logged out if I tried to post

Damn it definitely works via the wifi ....

Solution: unlock my iphone 3gs on Monday, swap the sim cards over and forget about it till 2.2 is out.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

somewhere optus/virgin connects from their 3G network to the internet, sounds like the machines that do that are not handling your cookies correctly.

You could put together a client and server environment and looking at the cookies sent back and forth on wifi and 3G - that might tell you what was being changed. But nothing you can do to fix it.
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thanks Snick ... and the problem is i cant call up the help desk and explain the situation with TLF that easily

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I doubt the helpdesk would be able to do something about it.
            The problem has probably already been reported thousands of times.
            Following ITIL standards, it must then reach second level support and third level support.
            Third level will then file an incident, which will get investigated by development and/or production.
            Once they find out what the solution to the problem is, a change request will be issued. The change manager will approve it and schedule the change into a release.

This does take some time.

Another thought:
            did you already search through all possible settings on your phone if there isn't some sort of "privacy setting" that could block cookies on virgin networks?

Comment

can you use a VPN ?
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

guys i'm not too tech savvy im afraid....

All i know is this is rather odd.... maybe a problem between the stock browser and data sent via virgin/optus network.
                Oddly enough the opera browser will hold the cookies sent via v/o network. (I prefer the stock browser due to its amazing page resizing - kills opera on this front)

But remember the stock browser works flawlessly when connected to wi-fi.

All in all ...     ... hopefully android 2.2 update will sort this odd thing out.

Like i said, i have a locked 3G phone on the 3 network, and my galaxy s on optus/virgin network.

I'll get the iphone unlocked on Monday and just swap the sim cards over and this will be my short term fix until 2.2 is released.

... the thing i found out about android software is the carrier pays licensing fees etc.... optus/virgin are cheapskates and thus i'll be the last to get the 2.2 update from what i was told.  

Just to clarify if anyone is thinking about the galaxy S -- it is a top phone and my issues are limited just to TLF and mobile.bloomberg.com ... nothing widespread at this stage. It's a great phone, limited in apps compared to iphone (iphone wins on this front by a mile). It just irks me when something should work correctly and it does not.

The software upgrade seems to be good as well - phone is faster and less buggy ... this is another annoying point about android based phones ... there are many variations of the 2.1 os - hard to know what you are getting.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

They€™re filtering the cookies at some level.. Probably when passing through their proxy. Using a VPN will solve your problem€¦ hit me up if you want a VPN test account.

Comment

Thanks for the offer

I had my iphone unlocked for free by my carrier... switched the sim cards over and now Galaxy S is running PERFECT on the other network

Not real problem now and new software seems to have made a big difference.... super phone @__@

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

now 4G era

Comment

test

Comment

Working...
                        X