Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine Phone

Hi,

I am heading to the Phils next week and just realized my phone is locked to a carrier here for another 12 months so....

Any idea what a cheap phone will cost there ?? I previously just bought Globe / Smart pre paid cards there and used my own phone.

Thanks.

Hi bugeye, hopefully someone with Philippines experience can give you an answer. I think you may also be able to find a shop in the Philippines that could unlock your phone as an alternative. Another option would be to buy a cheap unlocked phone in your home country and take it over with you.

Have a great trip!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

bugeye, may I ask which is better LOS or the Philippines? I ask as I have only been to LOS but for 4 months I have been talking to an LB from CEBU. She says I am the love of her life.
      TEXASMAC

Comment

Tex, I have not been to LOS only Philippines. Manila / Cebu / Davao / Mati

In regard to the "Love of your Life" the filipino LB are very well versed in making you believe that you are the only 'foreigner' they talk to, there agenda usually involves seperating you from your money. I know this is a generalisation but my experience (15 years) has proven this to be correct.

I recently recieved an email from a LB who openly stated that I was the only foreigner she talked to, unfortunatly she left the other 55 email address in the send area !!! Makes me think I might not be the ONE.

Filipino's speak english well, they are fun to be with but are also very jealous and protective of there meal ticket (you).

This trip as soon as I mentioned to the several I was talking to about LTR that I would be there April 24 suddenly wanted to meet me at the airport and be my tour guide after only a couple of talks......the best part 3 said that they would organise a 3 some

Like everything in life "Buyer Beware"

How about next trip you go to the Philipiness and I go to LOS and we meet mid point for a beer and comparision.

Comment

To me it is strange, so far she has asked for nothing. But at my age I trust nobody. Which is kind of sad.
          TEXASMAC

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Apr. 20 2013,23:53) To me it is strange, so far she has asked for nothing. But at my age I trust nobody. Which is kind of sad.  
            Life of a ladyboy is very hard in phils so you will be expected to pay... Don't worry about that... It will come.

You just need to hope she has a good heart and not one with thee 55cc in her email confessing her love.

@ bugeye

As for a phone buy a second hand unlocked cheapy from ebay or the like... Cant see any point buying a cheap new one just for a trip.

Or even Borrow one from a mate before you go... Just dont forget to wipe the sms

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Tex, I have to agree with Azza33...it will come the longest I had was just under 12 months before she asked, she claimed she spent 15,000 peso a month on Diabetic medicine that is A$ 355 a claim I highly doubt.

I used to believe that I was dealing with genunie people (LB) who really wanted a life partner but having been burnt so many times I am now like you "do not trust at all"

I live in hope that there are a few LB that are genuine and want a relationship and are faithful.........but somehow I dont think that 'one' has been made yet.

Re" phone, I have found that my phone is not locked as I believed even though I am halfway through a 2 year contract, so I will just get a pre paid sim card there.

Comment

It is possible to find the "one", but it certainly isn't easy, nor will be it inexpensive. An lb wants security, just like any woman does. However, they deal with a great amount of insecurity than most women do - and it takes a lot to get past that.

When one does commit though, she will give you more than can imagine. It's still not an easy path though.

bugeye29 - that's good news about the phone. The sim cards are very inexpensive.

Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread

Comment

bugeye, your post number 4 cracked me up. As this lady did the same.
                  TEXASMAC

Comment

Thanks Tex, at least we can have a laugh as we search.

Ps; a day and a bit and i leave for LB land.

Comment

.. about the fon Bugeye, I was talking to a filipino guy that worked in a call center there & he told me i can have my fon unlocked there for 500php, which is good news for me bcus I wanted to buy some cheap smart fons to take with me as gifts since the same models there are so damn expensive... he said just about any stores selling cellulars there can can do it but I would recommend one of the bigger mall stores like Robinsons in the Ermita district would be a good place to try, the have 1 whole floor just for electronics & fons.. at first I thought they would cost more there than in Angeles City but the ones I looked at were much less for the same models.. just remember though you will have to have the same procedure done to reverse it for your fon to work when u return home.

... and about the filipino b.f. scams I am aware of many, 1 lived next to me but she was female, had 3 on a string becus my g.f. told me about her and even had 1 of them show up unexpectedly so she hid out in the province until he left.. these filipino women have backups not just for the money but they know good things don't last over there so they like to have their backups in reserve; those are the ones they dont ask much from making the guy think she's one of the frugal ones with the cash they send her.. so Tmac think about it, she may already be getting her cash flow from someone else and your just waiting to be the next one in line..  
                      .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

600 pesos for a phone.

Comment

twenty BUCKS?
                          TEXASMAC

Comment

(Lorren @ May 02 2013,19:20) 600 pesos for a phone.
                            Lorren, wow, quite inexpensive! Is that for a basic phone?

Thanks for sharing Lorren, much appreciated!

Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ May 04 2013,11:21)  twenty BUCKS?
                              that would be 15USD includes a SIM card with I think 2 free text messages...

Comment

Working...
                              X