X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum bugs

Today, I found a post of mine without pic. As a matter of fact, pics I had posted were like deleted, just a small icon with a cross remained. It took me quite a long time to post new pics. I had to edit the post, then add a pic, save and edit again for the next pic. Sometimes, I just couldn't post a pic before the page would reset automatically quitting the edit mode.

It'd been a real pain in my a... to post a new post with big pictures. Tonight, I just couldn't watch a pictures thread without seeing the page resetting once in a while. What's going on ?

Sometimes attachments don't work right but very infrequently.
    Sometimes they are just slow loading and not missing.

I don't know about the refresh thing, never happened to me.
    Can you point to some examples?

Possible solutions are clear cache and/or refresh page.
    check it in another browser.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I was actually using Microsoft Edge. This happened in posts with large pics such as my post dealing with Hà or my ladyboys pics thread. I am now trying with Google Chrome. I am not used to Chrome to post pics but I like it for other uses. It seems to be OK now. I even posted 2 large pics. No bug so far.

Comment

I also tried to post a video. The forum needs me to post a video from a website such as YouTube, Dailymotion or I don't know what. Is there any possibility to post it directly as I post photos ?

Comment

Originally posted by P&G View Post
          I also tried to post a video. The forum needs me to post a video from a website such as YouTube, Dailymotion or I don't know what. Is there any possibility to post it directly as I post photos ?
          You can currently upload an MP4 as an attachment but it will not show in a player but as a icon.

Actually uploading videos like a tube is custom coding but coming this year.

Attached Files
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by P&G View Post
            I was actually using Microsoft Edge. This happened in posts with large pics such as my post dealing with Hà or my ladyboys pics thread. I am now trying with Google Chrome. I am not used to Chrome to post pics but I like it for other uses. It seems to be OK now. I even posted 2 large pics. No bug so far.
            Chrome is the best all around.
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

In the older version of the forum there was a limit on the amount of MB of photos you could attach to a single post - I am not sure what it is, but it resulted in being able to post a maximum of 5 or 6 photos at the resolution of 1040x780. It doesn't make sense to use higher resolutions to post as most handheld and laptop displays don't have much higher resolutions for their screens. Also it slows down the loading of the web pages.

With regards to videos, the forum supports inserting links from some formats, such as Youtube - so when I post the video, I use the share and copy feature in Youtube and then use the insert video icon to put the hyperlink into my post, which allows the video to be seen without having to go to Youtube - although it is of a smaller size than what Youtube can display it as.

Crag has explained about attaching videos - but it has to be downloaded to the viewer's device first before it can be viewed.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by Crag Rockheart View Post

You can currently upload an MP4 as an attachment but it will not show in a player but as a icon.

Actually uploading videos like a tube is custom coding but coming this year.
                I tried this method. It's been fairly long but the forum has the exclusivity of the videos. I will try to post longer videos tomorrow.
                As it seemed long, I tried to create an account in vimeo but vimeo is no longer a free hosting website. They give a 30 days free trial, then I would have to pay.

Anyone reading this post, please tellme if you could read the videos.

Comment

Was able to download and view the videos on Windows Media Player.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I fixed it so the videos automatically show up in a video player once you upload an MP4 attachment.
                    There is a 100 mb video size limit, although currently it is not letting me upload a video over 20 mb.

Attached Files
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This is great news. I have checked in the topic. I need to solve problems with my software at my side. The freeware I used to enhance a video was a trial version and stopped working correctly. I have uploaded shotcut instead but can't find how to delete the sound and replace by a music. Other videos will follow.

Comment

For me it is still only letting me upload mp4 attachments up to 20mb.
                        Not sure if it is the size of the video or something else causing it.
                        If it works better for you, let me know.
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Now it works.
                          Should be able to upload MP4 files up to 100 mb
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

It worked tonight with a 50.9 Mo video. It's long to upload, but the result is positive. I hope I am not overcharging the memory of the forum. I have another 3 videos to upload. I completed one. It "weighs" 75.8 Mo. It deals with a touristic area. Another one deals with ladyboys. It has 175.8 Mo all included and the last one was shot in a ladyboy bar. It has 30 Mo.
                            Maybe I should do something not to overload the website.

Comment

It should be fine. The server has lots of power.
                              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                              X