Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything To Do Near Narita For A Few Hours?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything To Do Near Narita For A Few Hours?

Friend of mine might be arriving in Narita at 6 in the morning and laying over till 4 in the afternoon.

If he were to leave the airport, where should he go? Are there any extra visa fees if he does this?

To get into the city its a schlepp-its far. There is a small town of Narita nearby but its fairly non descript. There is a departure tax and I think its 2,000. Not sure if you have to pay it if you arrive in the am and leave in the pm....
    Be careful out there!

Comment

I think if he leaves the airport he's stamped into Japan and then has to be stamped out on departure. Probably would have to pay departure tax - unless they offer a special 1/2 day trip as an excursion from the airport. I know Suvarnabhumi offers the excursions for passengers with longer transits.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Best bet is to find a bar in the airport and get smashed

Japanese beer is great

As others have said,not much nearby and Narita is a bit of a trek to downtown Tokyo - and will cost a few quid too
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

Also, they're always giving away free whiskey and Brandy at the Duty free (good stuff too!)
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

The Kesiei Skyliner express train will cost around 1,920 yen one way into Tokyo. Takes under an hour, so it's not that 'far'. There is a smoking wagon too.    There is another speed train option into town but slightly more expensive.

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetud.../skyliner.html

So if your mate is adventurous, and feels like a trip into town it's doable. Giving an hour or so to clear Immigration, and 2 hours to check back in, that would leave him 3 or 4 hours in Tokyo to wander around or check a few things out. He should check with his travel agent about the re-entry requirements/restrictions as he will have to go through Immigration if he wants to leave the transit area.

The only thing worth checking out in Narita is the bar at the Radisson. It's the hunting ground for old washed up UA and NW air hostesses on a layover. But that's really just for entertainment value, no culture there
            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

I recommend getting a good bowl of nambia udong

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
              ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Check out the Narita Layover Page: http://www.mgnewman.com/Naritax/

As Japan departure tax is now included in the price of the ticket, there is no longer a booth to collect the money. So nothing to worry about there.

As for getting laid, he should save his sperm and money for Thailand.

Comment

Is it just me or is Narita one of the most sterile, boring big-city airports ever?

Comment

Sterile but a couple good things are the 500 baht showers and free samples of Johnnie Walker Blue at the duty free shops.

Comment

Are there any updates About narita? I have a24 hour layover this month and would love to meet up and play if given a chance.

thanks

A

Comment

There’s a lot to enjoy around Narita Airport!

Comment

I think u should learn to use orbitz.com or expedia.com and learn to choose your flights with the shortest layover times. Try clicking ROUND TRIP. The choose ONE WAY and find 2 of the best flights with the shortest layovers. Compare prices. No reason u should suffer long waits. You'll age faster that way. Hope this advice helps.

Comment

Originally posted by PigDogg View Post
                            Friend of mine might be arriving in Narita at 6 in the morning and laying over till 4 in the afternoon.

If he were to leave the airport, where should he go? Are there any extra visa fees if he does this?
                            I think 3,500 you have to pay it.

Comment

Working...
                            X