Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short trip to Vientiane, Laos

DAY ONE:

After spending 17 nights in Pattaya I was in need of a change of scenery so I booked a flight to Vientiane, Laos for four nights. I visited Laos some eight years prior, and had some good memories of traveling with a few friends. Laotians are laid-back, friendly, and the nightlife very tame compared to that of Pattaya.
    If anyone is looking for an in depth look at the nightlife scene in Vientiane, you might as well stop reading here because during this trip I only took one girl. For those inclined, a pretty good overview of the Vientiane scene can be found here:

This Vientiane party guide will give you tips about the best nightclubs, the best bars, where to stay near the nightlife and how to meet Laotian girls.

That said and out of the way, I booked my flight with the budget airline Thai Smile from BKK-VTE and paid 5,000 baht. The flight was just over an hour and the service was quite good for a low cost carrier. 20kgs checked bag, select your seat, and a light meal were not additional charges, unlike Air Asia.

oneone.jpg

two.jpg

Wattay International Airport is small but seems to be well laid out. When visiting Laos you need a visa which can be obtained through the Laotian embassy of your home country or you can get a visa on arrival. I opted for the visa on arrival and it was simple to do. Bring a photo, fill out the form, and pay them in US dollars. The visa amount varries by nationality and Canadians pay more than any other country--42 dollars US. The Yanks pay thirty something which kind of pissed me off...they bombed the fuck out of the country during the Vietnam War but pay less than Canadians.

three040.jpg

Anyway, just outside of the arrivals area you can get a taxi to your hotel for 7 dollars US or you can pay in Thai baht. There are a couple of ATMs there too so you can get Kip as well.

four.jpg

I booked at the Souphaphone Guest House near the river. Very nice and clean room but it didn't have a lift so you have to carry your luggage upstairs.
    After unpacking I noticed something else my room didn't have and that was a safe. I took my valuables down to the front desk only to learn there wasn't a saftey desposit box there either. Was litterally gobsmacked. The hotel I stayed at years before had safety boxes but a more modern place didn't. Anyway, to say I was uneasy leaving my passport, credit cards, and a fair amount of cash in my room would be an understatement. (More on this after).

five.jpg

I went to an ATM to withdraw some Lao Kip. The rate was about 8500 Kip to the US dollar; good to note that there is a withdraw fee on 20,000 per transaction. The maximum amount at the BCEL bank was 1.5 million per use although I read somewhere that one of the other banks allows up to 2 million per withdraw.

Went to a small restaurant by the riverfront and then took a walk at the night market.

six.jpg

Was worried about leaving my valuables back at the hotel and I was absolutely spent due to my fairly heavy drinking over the past couple of weeks. Went back to my room early and alone.

DAY TWO:

I woke up with the sole purpose of finding a different hotel that had an in-room safe--much easier said than done. Long story short, it took me most of the morning to find a hotel. You have to be careful some hotels on Agoda say they have the safety box but actually don't. Anyway, I went to La Luxe Boutique Hotel were they asured me the rooms all had safes, so I booked for three nights and checked out of Souphaphone Guesthouse. Turns out my new room had a safe but it wasn't attached to anything. You can simply pick it up and walk out the door. Damn, I can't win this battle.

My so called safe:

safe3.jpg

Spent the afternoon in a cafe and went out to dinner. Food is so cheap as well as the Beer Lao. This simple meal was 20,000 Kip and a tall size (660ml) Beer Lao was 12,000. Typical of the prices in many restaurants:

simpmeal.jpg

Decided to have a few drinks at Bor Pen Nyan bar as I had read that it is a frequent spot for ladies and ladyboy freelancers. The bar is on the fourth floor and does not have a lift so keep that in mind if you have health issues.

Porben.jpg

The bar around 8PM:

nee0.jpg

As the night wore on a few girls began to arrive...by 11PM there were about 5 or 6 ladyboys and a few more regular girls trying to gain your attention. However, I somehow found myself getting absolutely shitfaced with a couple of Britts. Day two finished and I stumbled into my room alone again. A theme seems to be emerging.

Will finish this mini trip tomorrow, and yes there is a ladyboy 555

Comment

I see Laos has the same high standard of utility infrastructure as thailand

Comment

Day THREE:

This morning I woke up and decided to do a little walkabout the city.
        I took in several sites including the Patuxai:

a0.jpg

ap.jpg

And going up the stairs:

aq.jpg
        View from the top looking towards the Mekong River:

ar.jpg

Afterwards, I took a stroll by Wat Si Saket:

wa.jpg
        And the Presidential Palace:

pa.jpg

It was rather warm and I still had a hangover from the previous night, so I spent the afternoon in a cafe relaxing:

ca.jpg

After a bite to eat I went to my room to take a nap; I guess walking in the heat took more out of me than I thought...didn't wake up till 2AM. Day three gone and still no lady.

Comment

Day Four--my last day:

Over the prior couple of days I had been in contact with a couple of lbs I chatted to at the bar and got their Line. The one that stood out for me was Seng. She's just a small little thing who lives a short distance outside the city. From her Line:

cute1.jpg

She likes going to the gym and kickboxing:

kick6.jpg

sho0.jpg

Anyway, we went out for dinner and I really enjoyed her company. Her English is very good and she is friendly, charming, and rather sexy.

Later at the bar:

atbar2.jpg

It is illegal for a Lao citizen and a farlang to have premarital sex so best be careful. In fact many hotels will refuse to let you bring a guest back to the room. Slipping the night security guard 50,000 Kip took care of this problem for me. Seng was passionate in the room and sure can kiss. Would have considered seeing her again but I had a flight to Bangkok booked in the morning.

And that's that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing and glad to read you had a good time in Laos. We don't get many reports from there - although there are a number of Lao lbs working in Thailand. Your advice to be careful is a prudent one for anyone who tries the p4p scene there - whether for lbs or ggs.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

It's very short to explore a scene that you don't know. When exploring a new country, it can take several days (even more than a week) to find the first one. I find you had a positive trip.

Comment

Spent three weeks in Laos about eight years ago so wasn't looking to do much of anything this time. Just needed a break from the Pattaya scene.
                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X