X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
    Got names of mid-range hotels located centrally in Singapore. Near shopping, eating, party areas with good eats? I never visited Singapore. Of course I won't stay a that super expensive hotel that looks like a dinner plate on 3 columns. Might just go up to the restaurant ba r and sip a glass of iced tea. Personally I think Thailand has the most lovely LB's in the world. When I return in November I will finally trek up north to Chiang Mai to see if I can score some pretties for photo shoots. Remember my Thai Friends photo collection? Time to buy new batteries and pack my LED spotlights, 2 GoPro cams, Sony rx100, Canon 80d with 2 zoom lenses, Canon flash, and Samsung Note 20 smart phone, etc. 3 years is way too long to wait. What's the latest news about covid requirements fir entry through Suvarnabhumi Airport now?
    I am heading to Chiang Mai next week. Was there in December and not much "bar action" going on. Shamrock still have a couple LBs on a good night. Friends corner is closed. Online like Thaifriendly still have many. I wasn't looking too much as I was there with my LB girlfriend. Anyhow, will try and give an update on the Chiang Mai situation in a couple weeks after i returned.

Rules for entering Thailand: You have probably read the latest update. No test required if vaccinated and no quarantine. You still can't transit inside Thailand without leaving airport. Thai pass is much more easy now. No need for a confirmed flight. Can enter +- 7 days of what you put in application, and covid insurance is down to 10000 USD, so I paid 690 THB for mine which covers for 1 month.

Anyhow, looking forward to any pictures of yours. Great photoshoots you have shared here so far. Wish, I could do same, but my photos with my mobile phone always turn out crap haha

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
      Got names of mid-range hotels located centrally in Singapore. Near shopping, eating, party areas with good eats? I never visited Singapore. Of course I won't stay a that super expensive hotel that looks like a dinner plate on 3 columns. Might just go up to the restaurant ba r and sip a glass of iced tea. Personally I think Thailand has the most lovely LB's in the world. When I return in November I will finally trek up north to Chiang Mai to see if I can score some pretties for photo shoots. Remember my Thai Friends photo collection? Time to buy new batteries and pack my LED spotlights, 2 GoPro cams, Sony rx100, Canon 80d with 2 zoom lenses, Canon flash, and Samsung Note 20 smart phone, etc. 3 years is way too long to wait. What's the latest news about covid requirements fir entry through Suvarnabhumi Airport now?
      Singapore is a country but in reality it is just a city on a small island off the coast of Malaysia.
      It has mainly developed as a destination for trade and commerce as it is beside on of the busiest shipping channels in the world.
      So there is not thousands of touristy things to do like there is in Thailand and some other countries partly because it just isn't very big.

Singapore has a high standard of living and is one of the cleanest places I have ever seen.
      Not sure how many mid range hotels there is but from what I have seen the hotels are more expensive in general than other destinations.
      The entire city is not cheap if you compare to Thailand but maybe comparable to Hong Kong to some extent, with less cheap hotels.
      There is not so much street food scene or party areas like Thailand, things are much more reserved in Singapore.
      Orchard Towers is similar to Nana Plaza but not even close in most ways.

You can go to the Zoo which is very good and there is some other attractions but it's probably not a long term tourist destination like other places. A week is probably good unless you find a good reason to stay longer.

You can try an original Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel for over $20 USD.
      Long Bar - Discover Raffles Singapore and enjoy the hotel's spacious, comfortable rooms. Feel welcome to our elegant and luxurious hotel

Due to prices Singapore is a good place to use your points which is what I did. I had many points with Holiday Inn so I stayed at the Intercontinental Singpore for free.
      https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hb/hoteldetail

thai2008150.jpg thai2008151.jpg thai2008158.jpg P3210005.jpg P3210004.jpg

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by Escierto View Post

That’s wonderful! Are people wearing masks all the time even outdoors? In Manila they were but if you were on a side street or all alone you could relax a little.
        Yes masks indoors still mandatory. Optional outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky C View Post

Yes masks indoors still mandatory. Optional outside.
          I could live with that. Wearing a mask outdoors all the time even if you were by yourself? Aaagh, that was too much. Sometimes even here in San Antonio, Texas I will see someone outside walking or running wearing a mask. To me that’s just wild paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Escierto View Post

I could live with that. Wearing a mask outdoors all the time even if you were by yourself? Aaagh, that was too much. Sometimes even here in San Antonio, Texas I will see someone outside walking or running wearing a mask. To me that’s just wild paranoia.
            It's merely social control, Philipinnes especially loves social control.
            There is not one shred of evidence, studies or televisions shows that explain how masks stop covid, especially outdoors.
            In the past there was always shows about "How Stuff Works"....
            Common surgical masks were only ever meant to stop drops of spittle from surgeons during surgery.
            Now they say over and over that cloth masks are worse than nothing, yet they still require people to wear their face diapers.
            Logic left us.
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
            X